Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Above The Clouds

Life Above The Clouds

a part of “Life Above The Clouds”, a fictional universe by Specmarine.

The world below destroyed, humanity now lives above the clouds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Above The Clouds”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Life Above The Clouds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:01 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Life Above The Clouds"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Life Above The Clouds

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Wow spec this sounds amazing! I am very interested in this. I would like to know more about how the magic and magi tech works though.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Ahem! I should indeed explain the rules of magic here.

In this universe, no one can naturally use magic. However that does not mean they can harness it. All sources, living, dead or inanimate possess an affinity to them. As such, one extracts the 'essence' of an object and puts it in a nice cylinder to be inserted in your Magi-Glove....Or whatever crazy invention you based off of it.

Magi-Tech can be used in many ways, a source of power for machines, Be throwing ice and fire together for some wackiness, Almost blow yourself putting every element together which results in a sudden chain reaction.

As such, magic is just like a magician. Its not real magic, its fake magic. But it still works. Ever wanted to make a cooler? Just build an automaton, extract the essence of ice, install it in the robot and you have a mobile cooler for your drinks.

Essence also naturally restores itself, as long as you don't take so much which result in draining all the life from it. But most is not in any rush.

And that is the magic system here.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:28 pm

So the glove or whatever like takes a rock and turns it into magic goo that powers the glove to cast spells?

though what I'm really thinking of is something that would make magic bullets for a gun would such a thing be doable? you know put the fire essence in and it forms fire enchanted bullets for your gun.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 am

In a sense, it’s like taking the energy inside a rock and turning it into magic goo. Then again, you can turn the whole object into magic goo for more magic essence.

As more magic bullets, easily passable for any good engineer. Magi-techineer? Engineer that dabbles with Magi-tech? In any case. Feel free.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:26 am

How would you get the essence of something like Fire or wind? Things you can't really touch?

As for my char right now i'm thinking of an engineer inventor that creates magi-tech gadets, weapons, etc onboard an old airship she got from her father that serves as her home and lab.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:46 pm

In order to obtain those two, trapping them in a cylinder makes the process easy. Since fire normally dies out when trapped, it’s not a problem. One can extract the fire essence fully. As for air, it’s like scooping water. It’s all around you. Just grab an empty cylinder, stick it out the window and you got invisible air in it. That should answer those questions.

And great! Look forward to the character!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroBlast on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm

I was looking at this and thinking for quite sometime about it. I must say I really am interested in this, and it will be my first time diving into the world of steampunk-based fantasy if that is the proper term. Right now, I've got a somewhat basic idea for my character. Once he's fully fleshed out, I'll give you his full run-by on a Private Message and/or post him to gauge approval.

The basic idea is that he is a pilot that ferries the group of scouts around on the surface, looking for any habitable place to start a colony and helping collect the knowledge needed to help live on the surface world.

His "powers," are electric themed, as his Magi-Glove harnesses energy in its various forms, most likely electrical, thermal, chemical, and kinetic. The energy is then converted from the tank into electric. The Magi-Glove itself is one half of my character's weapon, the other half being a device that looks like a revolver pistol that functions along the principles of Nikola Tesla's deathray, which is more or less what it is based on, able to shoot electricity from the, "Barrel," to the target at the squeeze of a trigger. In addition, he is also a skilled pilot and adept at other forms of ranged combat and close combat.

I'll get to work fleshing this character out, once I'm done, I'll give further notice!

HeroBlast
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Arc Warden Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 pm

I don't suppose you have any communication channels like Discord, do 'ya? I might be interested in throwing my hat in the ring, seeing as this might pick up some traction.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:22 am

@Lloyd999

Discord link ye say? Then a link ye shall haveth! Everyone can join I say!

https://discord.gg/gZ6cyX

(I am not responsible if it does not work...)

@HeroBlast

Well, I look forward to your character, he sounds good so far. So give it a good shot then!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!