Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Doll Parade

Doll Parade

a part of “Doll Parade”, a fictional universe by Proxidog.

Once upon a time a boy built a clock tower for a king. It was so high that it reached into the clouds...and it became filled with all form of fantastic creature and all the elements of his dreams.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Doll Parade”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Doll Parade

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 am

Think I'm going to make a card... or can I make 2? I'd like to make a mouse (since you mentioned it :P) beast that kind of follows her around... (Reminds me of Fievel Goes West ^^)

Problem is, I'm going to be on vacation for the upcoming week and probably won't be able to join in until next Friday or Saturday. But I'll go ahead and submit my characters anyway. No hurt in it :).

Edit: Already made character and will be messaging you shortly :).
My siggy ran away with my cookies, so I ateded it instead :3 ... It tasted like chicken.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

breemee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Areiv on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:37 am

Ughhh, is having trouble deciding between a Maj and a Doll. XD Hey, what kind of clothes do Maj wear? And do dolls grow as they get older, or do they just stay the same, like real dolls?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Areiv
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 am

I would prefer for players to only have 1 character each but I mentioned in the rules that I may possibly change that to 2. I'd like to be able to accept a decent number of players for this while still keeping the numbers small in order for the game to be nice and focused and that's easier when each player only has one character.

@Areiv:
Age in years in this game is more based on how the character looks -now- then how old they actually are. In game the clock tower has only -just- been finished, so the characters who are older than a few months probably popped into existence being the ages that they are. I don't imagine that dolls age, but they can be any age that you want them to be to start out with.

I imagine the Maj would probably wear magey-stuff (if that makes sense xD) mystical robes and big pointy hats and whatnot but it doesn't really matter honestly. Heck, they can be dressed up like magical girls if you want...

...xD
Salarian used Genophage ... ... It's Massively Effective!

Proxidog
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Areiv on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:31 am

Ahh, okay. Thanks. XD
And in that case, I'm dressing her up as Sailor Moon. 8D *shot*

Areiv
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:44 am

rofl xD

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JapanGodOfAwesome on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:18 am

holly cheese and crackers! This is so cool :D
As soon as I saw the heading of this role play I was like "yup I'm joining"
I made a character, a female Card to be exact. I'll pm you my style/example of writing soon.
But how exactly did you wish me to show you the example?
Also where do we post?
Is this like a 'posting' rp or is there going to be some forum somewhere or is it like The Multiverse?
Just curious in case I get lost <3
Enough said...

JapanGodOfAwesome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 pm

@JapanGodOfAwesome
Yep, it's a posting rp, there are a bunch of tabs on Doll Parade, introduction, characters, chat...
The "posting" tab is where we will be roleplaying with the OOC here on this forum and in a private room in chat

Just send me an example of how you write for your character, about a paragraph or so. More is better but I should be able to tell your basic style from that. ^_^

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Ah, yes. Sorry, I was running off of 4 hours of sleep... I should have waited until today to have made sure the rules were completely read.... My sincerest apologies, I shall fix my problems, and hopefully won't do anything stupid in the long run. x3

Edit: resubmitted, sending preview text to you.
Last edited by Mikhos on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:33 pm

I added onto the intro page that we won't be starting the game until I've accepted however many people I plan to accept

@Jakob:
It's alright, everyone messes up sometimes especially when they're tired ^_^ I'll forgive you this time cause you were cool about it.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Everything should be all set now. Also, I got Himros to come to this RP. Curious that he made a whole new account.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valkyrieknight on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey this sounds fun! Save me a character spot in your numbers okay? :D
Will submit sample post and character sheet when I can.

Valkyrieknight
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Donated! Contributor Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 pm

I can't guarantee a spot in the game to anyone as I will only be accepting a small number of people for this game. Only those who send in the best characters and best test posts will be accepted and I'm hoping to start as soon as possible so if you're interested in joining please send in your characters within the week.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Just wondering if my current character is acceptable and/or you got the PM I sent! Unless you're waiting to see who's best.
:3

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:52 pm

For diversity I only plan on accepting at most 1 each of every race as player characters are concerned so those of you who have submitted cards it's fine to do so but I will probably only accept one of you.

@Jakob:
Got your character and test post, they're fine rules wise but I'm still considering which characters to let into the game.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vashail on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 pm

*Ahem* Hello every body! *waits for "Hi Dr.Nick"... but gets awkward silence instead* ... UUh *ahem* well, I was just popping by to introduce myself, I am Proxidog's Real life Husband, and often times Role playing companion. Don't worry she dose not afford me any special treatment (not that I have noticed anyhow >.>) and I don't expect any from her. Also I won't Be Joining in on 'Doll Parade' for many reasons, chief among them is that at the moment I simply do not have the time to put into an online RP and therefore would be breaking one of my wife's rules of Post frequency and since as I said before I get nor expect special treatment She would have to boot my bum to the curb. Anyhow its nice to see so many people interested in this RP. Proxi is a very fun and creative person, and if you can get her in her Story telling Zone your in for quite a ride. *grin* If any one has and questions Comments or Concerns that you wish to direct to me, or if you just want to say "Hi" feel free.

I don't have much more to say at the moment but I do hope this covers it.

Vashail
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

um...so, yeah...if I get banned this is why: doll-parade-accepting-character-applications-t56158.html

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Being rude won't get you banned, it just won't make you any friends, Proxi. :/

A moderator won't take something like that personally - they deal with attitude quite a bit.

While unwise, it's not a death spell.

o_o

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 pm

Well, I don't really consider it rude...a moderator has no business telling someone how they're supposed to advertise their game as long as it doesn't go against the rules of the site. I wasn't really in the mood to have someone who has been a moderator for only a few months wagging their finger at me going "sorry try again" when I did nothing wrong

-maybe- I was a little harsh at the time but I mean...I never asked for anyone's critique or advice especially when their advice is going to contain something like:

"Close, so close!

Ahh~ Lodnir's sad Proxidog! What a waste, what a waste Proxidog!"

If I want my advertisement to be vanilla that's my own darn business and I won't accept this sort of condescending attitude from a mod. Just because they have authority on their side doesn't mean they get to act that way.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saiwalo on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:38 am

I think that was pretty rude, actually. I won't go into the many reasons why but I make it a personal rule not to play with people I perceive as rude, so I am politely withdrawing my application (not that I'm assuming it would have been accepted) and wish you luck with the game.

Edit: Oh. I've been accepted. Delete at will.

saiwalo
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JapanGodOfAwesome on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:38 am

Ok I already made the character and sent you an example of my style of writing.
I hope I get accepted, it sounds like a whole heap of fun. :)

JapanGodOfAwesome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!