Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Grimm Fate

A Grimm Fate

a part of “A Grimm Fate”, a fictional universe by Kaeru.

[Reboot] For several decades fairy tales and other fictional characters have been coming to life, only they're not quite as magical as we were led to believe.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Grimm Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A Grimm Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi there! Am I to understand that we can make fairytale characters from any country? Reading through your stuff, I was struck by the idea of re-creating the Troll King of Norwegian lore, made famous in the play Peer Gynt where he kidnaps the eponymous Peer and tries to make him marry his daughter. I would probably make a few of his 'subjects' as well, though they probably won't get their own sheets. Not all of them anyway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:27 pm

Yup, characters from various countries are accepted and encouraged.

I've never heard of that particular story but it certainly does sound interesting, and of course you're welcome to make as many or as few of his subjects as you like, NPC or otherwise.

Thank you for the interest, it's much appreciated.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Kii wrote:@~Lonesome Butterfly~

Aye, I saw. Thank you for getting the CS submitted so soon, I love her!

And yeah, that's completely understandable.

If you had any ideas about that, please let me know. I'm thinking maybe a totally cliche story where their parents were killed by one of the fairy tales, hence their willingness to become Hunters. But I don't know, it seems like a pretty obvious backstory to me.

No problem hun!!
But yeah, I think that kind of backstory only makes sense. Their parents died when they were young, at the hand of a particularly cruel/powerful fairy tale character - maybe a main antagonist - and the older sibling stepped up to guide the rest and together the four raised themselves to be notorious hunters!?!!
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"자살은 고통을 없애주지 않는다. 단지 다른 사람에게 고통을 전가 시킬 뿐이지." --->>*도움*

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:43 pm

Yeah, that's it.

It's one option at least but we'll see how everyone else with a Grimm character feels about it before we set anything in stone. I also wanna see the fairy tales that are being sent in so we can decide which character might've killed the parents, whether it's one that's been created or not. I was tempted to say the Wolf, but I don't wanna take on two major characters myself, y'know.

There's still one sibling left to be taken but it's looking to be that Simon is the eldest.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalcyonCamp on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:29 am

Poor Simon, raising a family while still being a kid himself. How tragic. Maybe it's why he's called Grumpy?

P.S. I peeked at your sheet to get ideas for mine!

HalcyonCamp
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 am

Aye, he is a bit of a grump. But rarely towards his family.

And that's quite alright, chap.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalcyonCamp on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:59 am

Well, for what it's worth, I'm game with our parents falling to a fairytale creature. We were probably going to have to end up hunters from our Family Legacy anyway, but at least now we have a reason of our own rather than because "we have to".

HalcyonCamp
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:19 am

Aye, that makes sense. Thank you for your input.

D'you guys think we should have a relationships thread or are you alright to discuss future/current relationship ideas among yourselves?

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm gonna try to get my character sheets finished some time tomorrow, while I've got the day off college.

I'd say we could probably start posting on Thursday or Friday, depending on how many people have their sheets in. Does that sound okay for you guys?

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:24 am

Sounds good to me, I'm usually quite busy tuesdays/wednesdays because of the newspaper deadline. I'll try to finish the trolls tonight, though.

Also, as a warning, the Troll King will be trying to find a suitable mate for his daughter so if anyone is interested in that "role", let me know. Similarly, if you would absolutely not want to be involved in that plot, again, let me know. I'm playing an ass, but I don't want to be an ass about it.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 pm

I don't mind if you wanna include Luke or Simon in that plot, tbh. Could be interesting.

Does gender matter? 'Cause so far we only have three guys, and they're all hunters.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Gender does not matter. In the words of the good Jeff Goldblum: "Life, uh, finds a way."

Nor does it matter that they're hunters. The King does not concern himself with reluctance.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Aye, that's fair enough.

Well, like I said, if no one else displays interest then you're more than welcome to involve either Luke or Simon.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalcyonCamp on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 pm

As long as it's an interesting, I'm game for pretty much any plot!

HalcyonCamp
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Ditto! :P

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Crichton wrote:Also, as a warning, the Troll King will be trying to find a suitable mate for his daughter so if anyone is interested in that "role", let me know. Similarly, if you would absolutely not want to be involved in that plot, again, let me know. I'm playing an ass, but I don't want to be an ass about it.

Ooooo that sounds lovely! Amelia is going to loathe the Troll King....she'll take it personal that he's trying to nab one of HER siblings, or her(I'd SO be game for that!) to be his daughters slave-mate. hahaha
Shall be fun! <3

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 am

Troll King may end up clashing with Snow Queen as she wants to basically destory love.....Even if it is the rapey kiddnap type....
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 am

I definitely wouldn't describe it as 'rapey'.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:24 am

What is love? (Baby Don't Hurt Me). Hrm, but there are so definite consent issues in the works here (in-game, that is), it should be interesting to see how it develops. As for the "lucky" chosen one, I'm half planning a list of criteria that will be utilised in the decision, which I will probably do as characters reveal themselves to the king. My sheet is nearly done, I just need to figure out what power I should give the dearest daughter.

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Alrighty, take your time.

So long as everything here adheres to site rules and doesn't actually include any rape, I really don't mind about "consent issues" with regards to kidnapping and the forced marriage, if that ever happens. I don't believe you'll seriously overstep any boundaries but it's worth mentioning nonetheless.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!