Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[Warhammer 40k] Vindicare Assassin- Janus

a topic in Profiles, a part of the RPG forum.

Post all character profiles here.

[Warhammer 40k] Vindicare Assassin- Janus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Janus on Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Codename: Janus
Home World: Terra
Order: Officio Assassinorum
Cult: Vindicare

Clearence: Epilson Sigma VI
Height: 6’0
Weight: 190lbs
Skin Colour: Pale
Hair Colour: Silver
Eye Colour: Electric blue

Physical Appearance:

A slender and wiry frame, riddled with valleys of muscle, unfolds before a perceptive eye and insinuates an underlying regiment of exercise more extreme than any army, for every tendon and sinew has been honed to perfection. Charting the contours of this man’s body, like some vast obsidian sea, lies the chameleon cloak, a lightweight and highly effective stealth-suit that not only masks Janus from multiple spectrums, but also provides a small amount of protection for his nimble limbs as well. Rather than blanket his body completely, however, this tapestry of starless space gives way to a handsome countenance that, unbeknownst to many, has retained its youthful vigour despite a century of service to the Emperor. Two azure suns crown the unmarred flesh of his face, coldly gleaming above the writhing pit on his jaw, whose lips have seen more mirth than most assassins and hint at one of the many indulgences that separate Janus from the rank and file fresh from the gene-pool.

If only they knew what wonders he had seen, if only they knew the pungent power that they were born to cleanse. Appearances had always been deceptive, a fact his sisters from the Callidus temple exploited ruthlessly, but no matter how aesthetically pure he might appear, there were hidden depths to Janus that the Inquisitors couldn’t hope to comprehend.

Equipment:

Mk IX Chameleon Cloak- Designed to ceaselessly fluctuate, this clever device actively adapts to its surroundings and transforms its component cells to mimic it at a rate of two terabits a second, rendering its wearer effectively invisible from all but the most keen of probes.

Bio-organic Implants- Serving as ‘guinea-pigs’ for the tech-adept’s discoveries, the clone-children of the Emperor were fitted with the latest high-tech sensory enhancements before they are put into mass-production for the Adeptus Astartes and Janus therefore not only enjoys inhumanly precise eyesight, but can also detect numerous different frequencies of sound as well.

Weaponry:

Exitus Longrifle- This devastating sniper rifle is the trademark of the Vindicare Cult and is capable of reaping death upon the battlefield from a considerable distance away. Fitted with a scope that provides a magnification ratio of 100x-1x, this fearsome weapon allows its wielder to surgically slay targets from roughly two miles away and provides a variety of ammunition options with which to annihilate their foes.

[Shield Breaker]- This unique projectile is blessed by a formidable psyker upon its creation, conveying a small charge into its tip that, when combined with high-velocity, is capable of piercing the most resilient xenos force-barriers.

[Turbo-Penetrator]- Combining a heavier propellant charge with a drill-like design, this projectile is specifically engineered to burrow through even the thickest armour with relative ease, delivering its lethal payload once it has stopped spinning.

[Hellfire]- Initially developed to combat the Tyranid menace, these bullets have had their core and tip replaced by a vial of mutagenic acid that delivers its package by utilizing thousands of tiny little needles. Whilst not necessarily effective against a heavily armoured terminator, this type of ammunition has horrific results when striking organic matter.

Exitus Pistol – Functioning much like the old Terran ‘Magnum’, this weapon fires a shot more powerful than most firearms in the Imperium and is not to be underestimated, should Janus ever decide to get ‘up close and personal’ with his enemy.

Neuro-Gauntlet- Inspired by the Xeno technology of the Dark-Eldar Agonisers, this is a glove consisting of many needles encased in energy fields. Capable of bypassing any armour, the gauntlet affects the nervous system of the target, meaning the assassin can wound any individual, regardless of size and toughness.

Background:

++++Accessing++++

Officio Assassinorum Record
Date: 24358735M41
Subject: Vindicare Designated Janus

++++Loading Data++++

Entry: Inquisitor Erus Victor- Personal Log

Ten days its been, ten days since the High-Lords got word of that heretic Bispek and his foul gospel. Answering the call to investigate the rumours that he was raising an army of cultist I, Erus Victor, have spent the last week sailing the warp onboard the Icarus battle-cruiser, summoning my faith to purge the foul taint from Belial’s surface. I have spent a lifetime training for this, passed every test they set me, overcome every obstacle, yet they still sent him to ensure I ‘get the job done’.

There’s something missing in that one, from the first moment I met him I knew something wasn’t right, though I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it was the way he carried himself, like a spring wound tight and ready to snap, but the assassin unnerves me like no human should and, though I smite daemons at every turn, his cold blue eyes still haunt my dreams.

[Planetfall]

With a roar like thunder we landed, as our drop-pods descended through the atmosphere and plunged us into the very heart of darkness, a sprawling hive-city where Bispek’s blasphemy has become law and the streets reek of Nurgle’s foul stench. Disguised beneath a shower of meteors, we slipped through the traitor’s surveillance net and infiltrated the city, with my pistol clasped tight inside my cloak and the words of my Emperor ringing in my ears.

“Vindico mihi ex malum”, Deliver me from evil I mime, as I tread these cursed cobblestones and head deeper into the beast’s ravenous belly.

“Rector meus manus” , Guide my hand I prayed, as I entered the defiled temple for morning mass, with the blue-eyed devil stalking in the shadows somewhere close.

Mustering my resolve, I filed in behind the brainwashed sheep of yet another fallen world, scanning their faces with sadness from within my cowl, for their souls are damned and only true redemption can save them now. Settling myself down upon a pew I quietly gauge the distance to the podium at the rooms centre, preparing for that crucial moment where my nemesis appears and I cleanse the galaxy of his taint with my psypistol.

The jabbering of the congregation dies suddenly and a hush falls, as if a calm had come before a terrible storm, and then, from out of the cloisters, comes a figure clothed in luxurious silks and lathered in a dizzying musk. Sighs of adoration erupt all around me as the silver-tongued serpent Bispek ascends his throne, clambering into a pulpit that is cut from the finest marble and pulsates with a seductively purple hue. It is plain that the weak-minded thralls have succumbed to the ruinous cocktail of Slaanesh’s power, as I gaze across at them and see their sickly grins of satisfaction, though I manage to resist its pull by reciting the litanies of the Ordo Malleus, but I cannot free my pistol in time and then the heretic speaks!

Why deny yourselves that which you crave, citizens of Belial IV?” he says, and though it is just a question, the very air hums with the power in his voice. It is a siren’s melody, surpassing my defences with each syllable that follows and, I am ashamed to say, that I felt myself faltering as he continued, felt my faith wavering, for although I am Inquisition, I am also human, and our minds cannot hold out forever.

Sweeping his arms dramatically, Bispek told of his plans for conquest of the neighbouring systems, preaching about the pleasures that Slaanesh offered as he divvied up our souls with Nurgle who, apparently, had formed a temporary alliance with his brother-God until Belial and all her worlds were theirs. As the service drew to a close, however, and the disciples started stripping off in preparation for some vast orgy, a hollow sound echoed throughout the temple and when I turned in search of its source, I saw those merciless blue eyes again, just for a moment, before they vanished into the crowd. A scream rang out a moment later though, as the first of the naked disciples reached their leader and noticed smoke billowing from a hole where his heart used to be and the sheer terror plastered across his face as the acid from a hellfire round melted his organs to slush.

I watched in amazement as the man I had started to think of as wise and even, perhaps, rather handsome, went into convulsions and gurgled helplessly as his innards boiled and, in that gruesome moment, I remembered the true fate of the heretic, the mutant and the alien. Panic crashed across the congregation like a wave as their leader finally collapsed in a heap of smouldering bile and blood, creating the perfect opportunity for me to flee back through the pustule-infested streets towards my drop pod.

]—Ten Years Later—[

[The Emperor's Wrath]

I have always wondered why Janus spared me that day, wondered why he didn’t report me to the order for my moment of weakness, but in the years that followed the Belial IV execution he sure called in the favour I owed him, asking me to take him to fringe worlds around the Eye of Terror as my ‘personal assassin’, as is an Inquisitor’s right. He told me he needed to understand the horrors we fought, so as to defeat them easier, and the fool that I am I believed him because I feared what would happen if I turned him down, my career would be ruined and I would be locked away in some grim dungeon of the Ordo’s fortresses.

Now I’ve finally plucked up the courage to resist him though, it is already too late and he has grown too strong, far too strong, he has forged pacts with the nightmares of space and now I scarcely dare to close my eyes, for fear of never waking up. Perhaps the knocking on the door will be my deliverance, since he would never knock, no, he waits in the shadows like a ghost.

++++Accessing Log from Remote Terminal++++

++++Waiting, Waiting,….Erasing all Entries made after [Planetfall] ++++

++++Logging off++++

One man, may have many faces.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Janus
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!