Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeing the Paranormal OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Seeing the Paranormal OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanakon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:06 am

Sorry for the lame title. :0
Being new, i was/am a bit hesitant to post, buuttt. . .

I came up with this idea the other day. It's kind of like The Melancholy of Suzumiya Harhui, with the whole SOS Brigade, "looking for aliens" thing, but hopefully if other people are interested, we can change it around.

"It was a normal day for you. You're walking home from school, or coming home from some activity, or just hanging out with your friends, and you spot a strange looking flyer on a nearby telephone stand. Curious, you take the flyer from the post and begin to read. The flyer reveals that the person who put these up is looking for people interested in aliens, espers, all things paranormal. At first, you think someone is just playing a joke by putting these up, that the person is not really serious. You throw the paper away and continue on your way.

On your way home, or where ever you were headed, something happens. Your head begins to throb, pain shooting through you. You've closed your eyes due to the pain, and when you reopen them, theres something unusual in front of you. It could have been a person being possessed by a ghost, a large terrifying monster, anything of the sort. The only thing you know is that it's hostile, and is planning to attack. Not really knowing what's going on, you try to run (or fall to the ground, depending on your character), yet the monster follows you through every nook and cranny. People you pass by don't seem to notice any unusual, and continue walking forwards. It seems only you can see the thing chasing you.

You somehow got cornered, and are now fearing for your life. As you pray this isn't the last vision you see before your death, you close your eyes and throw your hands up over your head. A minute or so passes, and nothing happens. No pain, no bleeding, nothing. You slowly open your eyes to find that the monster/ghost/whatever has stopped paying attention to you, and is now facing in a different direction. You follow the monsters gaze and see that it's watching two people, a boy and a girl. The boy moves his hands in a strange fashion, and suddenly your blinded by a flash of light, and when you come to, you find the world around you has turned gray.

The girl takes a step forward, and says "To Protect this world from strange and paranormal beings, The [insert group name here] has taken a vow to vanquish you!" (or something along those cheesy lines). As you're sitting/standing there, you remember the name of the group, wondering where you'd heard it before. Suddenly, you remember the flyer, and think "oh, so they are real". The two people spring into action, and before you know it, the monster/ghost/whatever is gone, and the only people left in this strange, gray world are the two that just saved you, and yourself. The boy opens up his hand, and with another flash of light, you find yourself back in the real world, with color and everything.

The two that just saved you begin explaining to you what just happened who they were, what that monster was, and why only they, and yourself, could see such a thing. You're told that you're not a normal human being, and that you have been given a sort of power that helps you locate and see such things, and that today, you're strange abilities had been activated. "

Or something along those lines.
As i was writing this out, i realized that it probably sounded like a cheap knock-off of bleach, but i promise it's not :[
anyways. if anybody is interested in this, than that would be great ;D
We'd probably need no more than six people to do this, so, uhh, yeah.
Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nanakon
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Seeing the Paranormal OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puzzled on Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 pm

I'd like to join! :3
I only saw the few episodes of The Melancholy of Suzumiya Harhui, and I liked it, so now I'm wondering why I stopped watching it.
Well anyways, It'd be nice if you'd post your character here so that I'll know what you'd like to know of the character ^^
And it would probably be more interesting if the characters meet the group through different ways.
Figlio perduto, vuoi far un gioco? Gioia ti porto, vieni con me...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

puzzled
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanakon on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:24 am

Ahaha, I wonder why you stopped watching! :X

And you're probably right. Meeting differently for each person probably would be better.
I was writing this as a basis, and, well, yeah. hahahah.
Anyways.
Also, i can't think of a name for the group. My brain must be broken.

I would be playing the boy i mentioned in the summary thing.

Name: Akito Satou
Nicknames(?): Ace, Benji
"Power": Well, he can open the gray area and trap monsters in it.
He also shoots lazer like things from his hands.
Personality: Akito is generally a rather calm and laid back person. He doesn't worry about things too much unless he needs to, like when fighting monsters and things. Sometimes, he's treated like an idiot because he says stupid things, but everyone usually knows he's joking around. Even when he's serious or angry, he doesn't rashly attack things/people. He tries to think of ways to solve his problem with logical answers and such.

How he meet the "group": Akito was going to school and had a class with the leader of the group, yet he never really spoke to her. That wasn't really surprising, since the only people he talked to were the kids on his baseball team. Though there was something inside of him that was telling him that she was strange, or something. He had pushed those thoughts and feelings aside, and continued with his life.
One day though, the baseball team had to really late for practice. It was about sunset when the coach finally let everyone go home. Akito, whose arms were hurting badly from all the batting and pitching, was resting in the dugout, chatting with some of the other kids who were packing up their stuff. Suddenly, the air grew cold and in the middle of the pitchers mound, a devilish looking demon just rose from the ground. The dugout grew silent with fear as the kids inside just stared at the monster, not sure what to do. Suddenly, it's head whipped in their direction and began charging at them. Akito wasn't quiet sure what happened next, because he had covered his hands with his head. There was a thud on the top of the dugout and he hesitantly un-covered his head. A girl suddenly jumped out hiding and began attacking the demon.
After a couple of minutes of battling it out, the girl finished the demon off, Akito, being the only one who hadn't fainted, stared at her in awe. The sudden realization that she looked exactly like his classmate was upon him, and he couldn't really believe it. After noticing him, she beckoned him. He hesitantly walked over, and she began explaining everything to him, how he wasn't normal and that she had known he wasn't since the first day of school, as she sensed it or something. She then began explaining what her purpose was and her powers, and then taught him how to use his.
and yeah.

Picture or description: I doodled this picture a little bit ago, so yeah.

Nanakon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puzzled on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:40 pm

I can't decide if I should take the girl or leave that spot open... wah.. both would be fun
(sadly, I'm very slow at making decisions...) *think*
Any objection if I just take the girl?

puzzled
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanakon on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Well i have no objections to you taking her spot.
The only thing with her that she has to have is the ability to like, erase memories.
So the people who aren't involved don't remember anything that's happened. :)

Is there anything else i was missing from that do you think?

Nanakon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puzzled on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Nope, as far as I can tell it should be fine.
we're simply missing some people.
(I'm starting the character sheet, but it could take a bit, since I don't know how I'd like her to be yet)

puzzled
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:54 pm

It just needs some fine tunning.Muyho and roj's buerau of super natural investigation was really what came to mind to me but then again I dispise bleach for its fan base and hit or miss characters. I would like to take the spot for the existing male member.As for a name the on thing I can think of is Organization for Getting Rid of Etheral-beings or O.G.R.E
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanakon on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:55 pm

I have to agree with you on the Bleach thing. I kind of felt that the episodes were repetitive, but that could just be me.
Anyways.
The character that i actually had posted up was suppose to be the boy, but there's always room for another boy :/
:[ sorrryy, haha.

Nanakon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:09 pm

Sorry i must have misunderstood you. i thought the opening was about akito. Anyway Im thinking about having the power to eat the monsters(or what fancy name you might come up with for them) once are in a weakend state.

On a differnet note; is it safe to assume your intentions are to have this like end up lke a late 90's saturday morning cartoon.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanakon on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Wait, maybe i'm misunderstanding you? D: Gosh, im confused now hahaha.
But that would be neat, if your person ate them.

I dunno, i was just kindof hoping to see where this would go.

Nanakon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 pm

its alrighty little missy. Expect a bit of lighthearted yet slightly immature humor due to my futre presenc in the seeing the paranormal. I am not dillgently working my character as write this.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orkzmichael on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:38 am

Hi id like to join but im still abit confused could someone help like what is this show about and what kind of powers you can have and such :)

Orkzmichael
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xlugon Pyro on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 am

It looks interesting. I'll give it a shot, but the guy above me has some good questions that I'd like answered too.

I don't really wanna have to watch it 'cuz I hate subs and the dubs I have found of it I just don't wanna watch. :P

Xlugon Pyro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm

I doubt you would have to watch because I we do Im goignt ot be in deep trouble. Im preety sure any sort of powers will do as long as you are not god-modding, but I would still like to see a few more specifics form nanakon.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!