Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rewind? (Read/Enjoy/Join)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Rewind? (Read/Enjoy/Join)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Okay, I'm going to try something a little different. I. If anyone feels that they understand and like the story, feel free to create your character on the OOC thread. http://www.roleplaygateway.com/rewind-ooc-t15249.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Divirt stepped into the metallic building entirely unsure but undoubtedly anxious. It had a giant TSCOM labeled across the top. She approached the sliding glass door with the strange company logo. It had two green infinity symbols joined, similarly to a key chain. She stared at it for a long while, but then realized that some of the business men inside were giving her dirty looks. She pushed back her hair and entered into the building.

The room resembled a cross between the back of a post office and a doctor's waiting room. It had a blue and silver color scheme, with large mirrors all over the walls. She became very nervous when she noticed all of her twins staring back at her. She walked hesitantly to the receptionist's desk and rang the tiny bell. She immediately realized that she had used too much force the bell not only rang, but also fell off of the counter and onto the floor with a resounding chime! She bent down mechanically and grabbed the bell off of the ground. She was blushing when she put it back on the counter; she could tell because she felt the heat emanating from her cheeks.

The receptionist had approached her by the time, giving her a skeptical look. "You must be Divirt Spellington." She had a sort of pity in her voice that only strengthened Divirt's fear that something was seriously wrong. The woman continued, seeming to have not noticed the affect her words were having on Divirt. "We've been expecting you. Head straight down the hall and it's the fourth door on the left." The woman lifted a rather splotchy arm and pointed down a hallway that had men dressed in business suits and medical robes entering and exiting different rooms.

"Thank you," was Divirt's only response. She clutched her purse a little tighter, attempting to calm her nerves. She counted the doors as she went, taking a brief mental note of what she saw in each room. "One," a small white room with an steel table in the middle. "Two," a closed door with quite a few angry men shouting at each other in different languages. "Three," a room resembling that of a hospital room, but with a large, black couch against the wall. "Four." She entered the room, it seemed to be another conference room, but with only a few men.

"Ah, you made it." The remark came from a man in a doctor's smock. And although the remark sounded happy, it didn't comfort Divirt any. A couple of the men urged her to come to the table and sit down. After adjusting herself in the slippery leather chair, the smock man spoke again. "Hello Divirt, I'm Doctor Sarias. Welcome to TSCOM."

Divirt smiled, it was faint and weak, but it was all she could do at the moment. "Hello Doctor Sarias. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. However, if you don't mind, why am I here?" The men briefly looked at each other, exchanging imperceptible glances. Divirt was looking intently at Doctor Sarias, so she was surprised when a different man spoke up.

"You have been chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity. We here at TSCOM have developed the ultimate sensory experience. It is the next generation of virtual technology." He had a wide grin on his face that reminded Divirt of her old boyfriend. She shuddered at the thought.

"Um, okay; but what does this have to do with me?" She couldn't understand why she was called her with such a sense of urgency for this. She glanced at her wristwatch, it had taken her thirty minutes to get here and get this far.

"Well," said Doctor Sarias speaking again, "we have seen your file and your of the perfect age and lifestyle to try it. It is not yet on the market, but if this test goes will, it will eventually be in every household in the entire world. So?"

"I guess if it's that big and I'm so perfect for the job then...okay. But, what exactly is it that I'm doing?" The men were giving her a lot to do with little job description. It reminded her of a horror movie she had watched where the main character gets killed at the end for not being informed that the shop he was managing dealt with extra-terrestrials.

"It's very simple actually. You step into one of the virtual pods we have prepared for the test subjects that we have summoned, and then we test out the program. It's perfectly harmless." The men were all rising, as if she had already agreed. They begin filing out, one-by-one, signaling her to follow.

She slowly slid out of her chair and made her way to the door. Doctor Sarias was waiting for her. He walked with her,"Don't worry, it perfectly safe." He gave her a suggestive grin as they seemed to walk down an endless corridor leading nowhere in particular. Divirt tried to think positive, but it was difficult to think about anything with all the men talking at her. They didn't seem to want an actual response, they just wanted to get their points across.

When they finally arrived at the white double doors, the men paused. Doctor Sarias once again became their voice. "In this room are ten pods. We have activated one of them for you, the others are for the other test subjects." Just the words made her feel like she had volunteered to be a guinea pig. "We will hook you up, and I will start the program from the other room. Okay?" Divirt nodded, what else could she do?

Two men walked her into the room and helped her clime into the little pod. It looked to Divirt like a them park seat but with a lot more wires attached. All the pods were in a circular set-up around a large dome in the middle. She could see through the window on the wall to the other side, where Dr Sarias was giving her the thumbs-up. She swallowed hard and made herself comfortable. The two men secured the helmet on her head and cautiously exited the room. It was then that sh hear the Doctor's voice over the speaker. "Okay, in a second you will be hooked to the machine and the virtual world will make itself clear. Are you ready?"

She gave him a shaky thumbs-up, even more nervous than before. He smiled and then added, "By the way, this program will only end once you have solved it. You can't return until then. Here we go!" It took Divirt a second to comprehend, she would be trapped here until she solved the program. She made a feeble attempt to yell wait, but Doctor Sarias was already finishing his sequence of buttons.
~~~~~~~
Divirt felt as if she were falling one hundred stories. She could no longer feel her own weight beneath her. The whole scene was blurry and she felt like throwing up. She tried to scream but no words came out. That's when it stopped and she felt the ground beneath her, hard and bumpy.

She opened her eyes but still couldn't see anything, she panicked and thought that she had gone blind. It was then that she realized that she was staring at the ground. She slowly lifted her self up, she had regained her body weight plus what seem to be tons extra. When she got her knees she felt dizzy again. This time she did vomit, right on the cobble stone path. She got onto her feet and looked around. There were merchants and shop carts. All the people were dressed in funny little outfits, but then again, so was she!
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!