Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"I wish..."

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

"I wish..."

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milliardo Yuy on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 pm

""I wish I was a cloud..."" "I can still remember the day that I heard those word. At the time it had seemed one of the oddest things I had ever heard a person say, and yet I knew that in some obscure way the words were his longing. It was, as I remember, quite the quagmire when spoken, and I must confess that as I look back on that day, I am still unable to fully grasp that desire that he held. True, I have a bit more insight than others might carry with this particular case, and yet as I stare up at the sky now, watching the distant stars and wondering where among the galaxies his journey has taken him, I look back only on that day and wonder: Should I be up there as well?

"Most people would take it amiss if they knew the truth, the subtle differences are, after all, hard to catch; when compairing the two of us, it is a little difficult. I do sometimes fear that someone who spoke with him, or looked at him more than the normal would recognize the difference, yet my worrying is for naught, because even now if the truth which is so well hidden were to come out, it would mean nothing. So I gaze out at the stars on wonder just how far he's reaching, how much he's seen; and when I can wonder no more I simply turn my eyes away from the sky and reflect on those words I had once heard slip from him..."

---End of log.
------Vasalias
--------Scion of the Final Cartographer

Sitting back from the log he had been reading, pushing up his glasses and running his hand through his messy black mane, he yawned and smiled at the memoir he read. It had taken an interesting ammount of time to get his hands on what was considered to be the most glorified log in the universe. Although it began far before the actual adventures had taken place "First Dawn", as the log had been named, was still cherished by almost every captain who had ever read it. Most poeple who looked at it thought it was amazing, and he could see why, just reading the first few words of the legendary log sent a shiver down his spine.

The log depicted the life of the most dangerous voyager to ever live. It told the tale of the legendary "Vakent" and "Stealth" two firends who looked very much alike. In the course of the book it's told that while Vakent was an expert pilot, he was never to be allowed on a ship headed towards the great open frontier that was the universe, while his best friend, Stealth, was on his road to becoming the most sucessful pilot in the history of the core. Shockingly, Stealth despised his position, and because he and Vakent both looked so alike they managed to fool enough people about their identities. When it was finally learned that Vakent, and not Stealth had been the one to leave that day, a mass panic occured. Stealth, who had allowed this to happen, was sentenced to life in the stocks, but before he could be transported to the inescapable prison, Vakent appeared and rescured his friend from that dark fate.

Over the course of twenty-two years the two friends as captain and co-captain of the ship "Lelldoiren" took part in the most darring adventures that the universe had to offer. From the "First Contact" to the first raid ever on the stocks. Although the Galatic Academy of Interception and Guidence [G.a.i.a] tried to hinder thier schemes and plots, it was well known that most of the peoples around considerd the duo to be heroes, and so it was a continual game of cat a mouse that spawned many a tale, some true and some fictious, but all glorius.

He sighed as he layed back on the cot he was on. Thier adventures were like lifes blood to him, and althought they had inspiried him to join the program and become a pilot, it was obvious that he would never be like those two. Sure, the adventures had been grand and daring, but what the log sometimes failed to mention was the massive ammounts of skill the two had. Most people saw a lot of what they did as just well planned, but it took a person like him, who had been training for more than 5 years now, to understand just how truly amazing those pilots had been. Sometimes he wondered what it would have been like to be on thier ship during those adventures...

His mind sailed away from him in that moment and drifted off into all those spectacular tales he had read before. it was most likely for because of this that he never noticed his commanding officers head sticking into his room. Although he was no Vakent or Stealth, the C.O was still pretty respected for his exploits. And at the moment, all that respect was forgotten as he peeked in on him. An annoyed look passed over his face, and without any warning he drew in some breath and let loose a torrent.

"Insign! Are you aware that your shift on call started twelve minutes ago!" Startled out of his revertie like that, he quickly looked up and into the eyes of his commanding officer/ His throat was slightly dry, and words escaped him, however that didn't stop him from having his mouth wide open. The officers obvious smirk could no longer be hidden, and without any warning whatsoever he began to laugh. "You know kid, i'm quite amazed that you ever made it onto a ship." Moving the insigns feet of the bed, the commanding officer sat down and rested his elbows on his knees. "Honestly, with how much your head is in the coulds, and bear in mind that we're already in space, i'm shocked that you were ever able to pass the program for admittence." The smirk which adorned his face was very amusing, and the insign could only blush with the undue attention.

His commanding officer was a young man, no more than five years his senior and yet in those short five years he had managed to earn the respect of everyone else who worked with him. Most of the officers on the ship, even those who outranked him showed him a little difference. it was amazing that he had been placed under him, true, but sometimes he wondered why they showed him so much respect. unlike all the other officers, his commanding officer was a little different. He always had on a slightly wrinkled uniform, and was never as strict as he should be. whenever he got on to one of his men, he either did it jokingly, or with tons of sarcasm, but everyone knew it was good natured fun.

"Oh well, I get for choosing my men at random." Looking over at what currently occupied the insigns screen, the smirk grew into an all out smile. "Ok, I'll make you a deal, if your out of here by the time i'm sitting at your desk reading, i'll pretend that this event never happened." No sooner than his C.O had stood up had he been out of his room and racing towards his station. He was lucky he had a cool C.O, if a bit less normal than others. Making his way around the corner his mind once again wondered as he settles into the room to be an on call pilot. Yes, he had made it to be a pilot, but the adventure he had always longed for never seemed to come...

Write during the writing stage.
Edit during the editing stage.
Kevin J. Anderson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Milliardo Yuy
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!