Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

To Fight a Nation

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

What is your favortie class?

Mage
50%
Warrior
38%
Archer
13%
Healer
No votes
Fighter
No votes

Total votes : 8

To Fight a Nation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 pm

This is role-play about a nation that is slowly taking over. Role-players can create their own "Hero", assist other heroes, or head out against the nation. Create your hero a bio, please.
Name=Yggdrasial
Nickname=Mithos
Height=5'10"
Weight=145 Pounds
Hair=Short Brown
Eyes=Brown
Weapon=Rune Staff
Class=Mage
Mithos was ready. After being name Hero of his village, he was off to face Cristador. Before he was out of the village border, his little brother ran up to him."Mithos," he threw his arms around Mithos, "I want you to take this with you." He handed Mithos his crystal rock."Thanks, and tell mom I'll miss her." Mithos stuffed the crystal into his pack, and left. He was ready!
I'm collecting moving avatars. If you have one, send it to me in a private message.
ImageImageImageImageImage

If the music moves you, the people care about you, and the place is like home, savor the moment!

Time stands still for no one! What are you standing around for, there's chocolate to be eaten.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: To Fight a Nation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Tue May 29, 2007 6:42 pm

OOC: I'm going to be a stalker... I'm going to be a stalker... ^_^ Hello again there.
~
Name = Richelieu De Mere
Nickname = Mere (pronounced 'mare')
Height = 6'
Weight = 180 lbs.
Hair = Black
Eyes = Black
Weapon = Short Sword and Dagger
Class = Warrior (Highwayman)
~
De Mere shrugged his cloak closer around himself, glaring out over the country road he had chosen as his target. Soon, oh soon, there'd be people walking by, people to rob... People who had money and valuables.
De Mere broke into a malicious grin, a grin of a highwayman waiting for a solitary person to waltz out. Prey, in his eyes.
Not prey to be killed, oh no, no, no,... Only if they struggled, than they were extended the courtesy of being murdered. No... these people were just for the thieving part of the game. Yes...
De Mere was a gentleman... He let those who obeyed go alive on to their destinations...
His sharp black eyes spotted the figure heading down the road, and they lit up with excitement. Oho! a traveller!
Calmly stepping out of the bushes, he waited by the side of the road, pretending to be just another walker on this little road of dirt. As the other man neared, De Mere called courteously, "Good day, good friend! How does the sun shine for you?"
Last edited by Rache on Wed May 30, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rache
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Mithos continued down the road to the port city, Seaporth. A fewa miles outside the city, Mithos spotted two people talking. They were wearing Nation uniforms. Mithos dropped to the ground and crawled as close to them as possible.

"Yes,Overlord Crawling said that his advisors told him that there was an uprising in Seaporth. So I sent my squad ahead to scout if the rumors were true."

The other man spoke up,"What do we do if there really is an uprising? Do we just storm into the city?"

"Yes. I told the men that if the rumors were true, they were to leave two men there to stir up trouble and then all of us would storm in."

With the man's last words, Mithos crawled back and ran towards Seaporth. ~ As Mithos reached the city, he saw a man dressed in a Nation uniform was fighting with a man who had a prestigious look about him. Mithos ran toward the fight and ended up right between the two.

"Wha...., where did you come from?"

"Uhhhh, nowhere. Nowhere important. So, what's goin' on?"

The nation man spoke up first."The King here is planning something against Nation, and he won't reveal what. So, if he doesn't speak up soon, I told him we're going to burn Seaporth to the ground."

"Like I said to you, if you try anything, the militia will stop you. Now, I demand you and your comrades leave this minute."

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn ya."

The Nation men gradually left. Everyone returned to their business, except some mild whispers.

The King spoke up,"And who might you be?"

"I am Mithos, I'm actually on my way to find some assistance and head out against guys like them."

"Well, if there's anything I can do for you, let me know."

"Thanks, I'll hold you to that."

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby literater on Wed May 30, 2007 11:38 pm

OOC: I'm new at this Do Forgive Me, but what character do you think you need? I'm happy to play anything,

literater
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm

Go ahead and make your character a bio. It can be any of the designated classes in the post. Then you can have them venture out from a village which you can create.

GOOD LUCK

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm

De Mere quietly walked the road that led inevitably to Seaporth. The traveller had resisted; he now lay dead on the side of the road. De Mere only was going to the city to trade in some items for money.
Stupid traveller...
As he walked, he saw men dispersing back down the road, heading home or travelling to other trading possibilities. De Mere smirked.
Seaporth was one of the busiest port cities, and one of the most productive; these traders headed away were losing lots of money on a stupid whim.
As he reached the city, he immediately knew why.
Nation men were coming out, sullen, dejected, angry.

The commander, a tall, rough-looking man was cursing to his lieutenant, "God blast them! The King's not going to be happy about this!"

De Mere stepped respectfully to the side as they passed, eyeing their belongings with an observant eye. Nation men were some of his best results when it came to thieving, for they normally carried their wages with them instead of keeping them in the banks.
Simple show of stupidity, really.

Continuing into the city, he glanced at the cottage houses on either side, searching for a trading post of a sorts. Seaporth had one, but he just didn't know where...

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Mithos awoke from his uneasy night at the inn. He had an irrepressible feeling that something bad was going to happen.

There was a knock on the door and then a female voice,"Mithos, you have a visitor. Are you decent?"

"Yes, come in."

The mayor walked in with big smile."I trust you slept well. I didn't come here for pleasentries; however, I have a favor to ask you. Someone came last night and stole some very important things from a carriage on the way here. Would you be able to retrieve said items?"

Mithos had to let a yawn escape before he could answer. "Sure, I am on a quest aren't I."

"Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to the villiage." With that the mayor departed.

Mithos got up and began to get ready.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:59 pm

De Mere smirked as he fingered his satchel, stuffed full of stolen items. Well, well, well... He hadn't been able to resist. He'd be able to sell these somewhere at a very good price.
Smiling, he withdrew a small canteen of distilled wine from his cloak and sipped a small gulp of it.
Great for warming the belly... Mmm...
He now was out of the port city and ready to go back to jumping travellers... Or maybe he should go back and put some of this stuff at his cottage...
That'd be a good idea...
But first, a rest.
He sat down on the ground and sighed as he looked up at the sky.
Beautiful...

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:06 pm

Mithos was walking down the dusty road that lead out of Seaporth. The mayor had said that the accident had most likely occured to the east of the city.

Suddenly, a woman ran into the city shrieking. "There's a squad of Nation men coming. They all have armor and weapons."

Mithos ran towards the men. There was one problem, who couldn't take them all on at once. Well, he had to try. "Mithos ran towards the closest man."Come lightning." Mithos raised his staff towards the sky and suddenly a bolt of lightning came forth. It obliterated the men adjacent to him. More men came to advance. Mithos pulled out his manual. He scrolled down until he found one that would work against so many men. "Aha! Come winter's cold." Mithos lifted the top of his staff to his mouth and blew. A breeze cold enough to chill the harshest flames appeared and froze the men in their place.

All the townspeople came running to him. They were shouting cheers.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:54 pm

De Mere heard faint cheering in the distance and glanced back down the road towards Seaporth, not that he could see it anymore. Putting it off as a mirage in the wind, he settled back down and sipped cheerfully at his wine.
Yum. Good wine.
De Mere stiffened as a blade touched the nape of his neck, and he muttered, "I am but a poor traveller. You do not need to kill me."

"Give me your belongings." sneered the other highwayman.

Darn it! Did highwaymen just converge on this place? De Mere quietly shrugged off the satchel around his shoulder, masking the fact that his hand was palming a small, slim dagger.

"Now, hand it here."

Handing it back, De Mere whipped the knife back at the same time and buried it into the man's gut. The man screamed a deathly high-pitched cry and then fell to the ground, writhing.
De Mere quickly dispatched of him and returned to his wine happily, knowing that most travellers would be put off to approach with a corpse so near...

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:05 am

Mithos came upon the spot where the worthless remains of the carriage remained. There were splotches of blood on the ground. He heard a high-pitched scream that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

Mithos saw a man sitting on the ground drinking what looked like expensive wine. Lying next to him was a bleeding body with a stab wound.

"What did you do," Mithos screamed.

He grabbed his staff, ready for a fight.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 am

De Mere glanced up to see a mage bristling but a few yards away, but his caution immediately perked up.
Mages were dangerous; they could call many things out of the air that could kill you in an instant.
Hiding his caution and fear behind a uncaring smile, he tossed an uncaring glance at the dead man and smirked, "I'm just a traveller. He tried to rob me, so I defended myself. The fight made me thirsty, so I'm drinking."
He raised the glass invitingly, "I have extra. Want some?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:27 am

Mithos casually lowered his guard. Is this guy telling the truth, or is he just trying to catch me off gaurd?

"Well, I'm not one for alcohol. It slows down one's mind."

Mithos cautiously walked toward the man, staff at the ready should he be assulted by this man.

"Was he the one that screamed? I heard a bloodcurling scream earlier!"

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:33 am

De Mere nodded merrily, "Oh yes, he screamed. Rather loud too. You did probably hear it."
He patted the ground besides him and coaxed invitingly, "Then you can have some bread and jerky. I have some in my satchel here."

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:49 am

Mithos suddenly remembered what the mayor of Seaporth had said. Wait, could he be the one that destroyed the carriage and stole the goods?

"Wait, do have anything valuable in that sack? Perhaps something you received from a carriage robbery?"

Mithos gripped his staff without thinking. "Volcanic wrath." Mithos spund the staff in a circular motion as fire and ash flew towards the unsuspecting traveler.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:00 am

De Mere yelped and dove out of the way of the incoming firey bits of dust. Scrambling up, he threw the now-empty canteen to the ground furiously, "What did you do that for, you git? You no-good git! I didn't do anything to you!"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:26 pm

Mithos had grown angry. This man had killed many others, and stolen their stuff. Or did he? Well, it was too late by then.

"Maybe not to me, but what about all the people that were on the carriage. Plus, whats about the countless people you seemed to have killed and stolen from already."

Mithos could feel his face to red and hot. I pulse started to play in his ears. It was payback time for all the people who had undoubtedly suffered at the hands of this man.

"You're going to pay for this! Mithos took out his manual. Aha, here is the perfect one for you. Solar light." Mithos waved his hand toward the sun. His staff started drawing energy from him. Then, beam of hot light and plasma began to rain down on the man.

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:57 pm

"Ow, ow, ow!" De Mere ran from the fire raining down on him. Pausing, he inspected the burn holes in his clothes, the angry burns beneath hurting a lot.
He whined, "I was just protecting myself... The bag was just there in Seaporth. Here, you can have it back!"
No way did he want to mess with a mage!
He threw the bag to the ground.

Rache
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtFreakAngel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm

Mithos ran to pick up the bag, satchel thingy.

"I hope our little meeting has taught you the consequences of stealing. If you are lucky, the Mayor of Seaporth will not punish you futher when I return the stolen goods. Now be on your way, and I don't want to see your face around here again."

Mithos turned around and headed for Seaporth. At first a little arrogantly, bur then he stopped just in case the highwayman had revenge on his mind.
~~~~~~~
When Mithos got to the city, he couldn't help feeling proud that he had not only used those spells so quickly and accurately, but he had survived that loss of energy also. When he entered City Hall, the mayor rose with a smile on his face,

"I trust your mission was a success?"

Mithos walked up to the table and dropped the bag onto the table,"Yup, caught the highwayman outside the city enjoying his loot.

The mayor face looked puzzled,"Enjoying his.....," the mayor quickly opened up the bag and then his face turned red,"NO, that's not it. Darn it."

Mithos turned all embarrassed,"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll go make it right, I sware."

"Thank you. Again, you have no idea what this means to our little city of Seaporth."

As Mithos left Seaporth, he thought of something. Uh-oh, I yelled and attacked that innocent man!

ArtFreakAngel
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rache on Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:13 pm

De Mere had stayed on the roadside, musing over his burned shirt. It was such a good shirt, too...
Stupid mage...
He glanced up and, to his unparalleled horror, saw the mage walking back down the road. Quickly, he leapt up and scurried back to the edge of the forest, ready to flee if the mage decided to try to fry him like last time.
As the mage approached, he called hesitantly, "You haven't come to return my bag, have you?"

Rache
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!