Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Correcting Mistakes [Private Between Sammie and Mystery]

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.
Adelaide

Ryan

Adelaide entered the old town that she used to know so well. The boy in her arms was giggling and playing with a strand of her long blonde hair. She was nervous about been back in town. She hadn't talked to her family in three years. They hadn't bothered to come looking for her. She remembered what happened all those years ago to cause her to run away and frowned. Now, she was back - with a son.

It was November and relative cold. Her son was wearing a thick bomber jacket, a tshirt and some jeans while she was wearing a white hoodie, a black strap top and some jeans. Addie smiled at her son Ryan and continued to walk, not watching where she was walking as she talked to him.

The street was getting busy as it was morning, and most people were heading out to work. Addie should have been looking where she was going, but she wasn't and that's when she collided into someone. She turned to apologise.

"I'm so-" She trailed off before realising who she was facing. Him. From all those years ago. And, he didn't look too happy to see her once he realised who she was.

((Hope its an ok start...))
Lectures have started so can't reply as much!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Matthew

Matthew was always busy, and today was not an exception. College was tough on him this past days with close deadlines and still a whole lot more homework. Many of which he still hadn't started on as of yet. He was just on his way home and just stopped by the small bakery to get himself some coffee.

With one coffee in hand, still steaming hot, he pushed the door open and stepped out. He was focused on re-attaching his old red scarf around his neck to notice anyone around. He stretched his coffe hand forward in front of him as he fiddled with his scarf, so as to not get spills on his new black leather jacket with a sweatshirt underneath and with some random jeans to top it off.

He was shocked to find himself get bumped and face to face again by her. The very girl who broke his heart just years before. Adelaide.

[Perfect. I'm Case by the way. :)]
"I've written a few tragedies in my lifetime; none of them incomparable to our story."
- Starless

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Adelaide stood there staring at him.

"Matthew..." She muttered.

She couldn't believe it. This was the one person she was hoping not to bump into. But he obviously still lived around here. She hoped that he'd not be mad at her still. He had been furious when he'd found out what she'd done.

"Hey... Long time no talk... How are you doing?" She asked friendly, trying to act normally as if nothing happened all those years ago.

Ryan giggled and continued to play with her hair as she stood there, watching the pair of them, not realising he was staring at his father.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Matthew glared at him, disbelief still quite evident on his face. He couldn't believe that she was able to come back here after what she'd done. If it was him in her place, he would never think of it. If he was in her place, he would have never done that before.

"I'm perfectly fine." he replied bitterly, eyes still quite glaring at him. It was only after his statement that he notice the young giggling boy. Something pulled on his heartstrings when he saw him and he couldn't help but frown. Who was he?

"I see you're married now." he commented in a breathless whisper, the statement taking him by surprise at how he felt sad about it. He crouched down and smiled at the boy.

"Hey, what's your name?" he asked with a soft smile, taking note that the boy had the same eyes as his. Brown.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

"I'm not married...I'm single..." She told him quietly. "And this is Ryan. He's two years old."

Adelaide just stood there watching Matthew with the boy. She just stayed silence, watching Matthew with the boy.

Tell him... She told herself.

No... I can't. He'll go mad...Maybe later She continued to tell herself.

She looked at Matthew and how Ryan was giggling. He went shy, hugging tightly to Adelaide again as she watched them.

"He's a little shy..." She started.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Mattews ears perked, taking note that she had the boy just a year after their break-up. He frowned a little at that news and stood up. He didn't meet his gaze, afraid that the anger might not be convincing enough to hide his disappointment.

"Well Ryan, I'm Matthew." he said, stretching out a hand forward to shake the boy's hand with. He had a playful smile on his lips, Ryan somehow convinced him that he could still be happy without her in his life. She was able to have a kid on her own anyway.

"I've got to go." he said, standing up and looking back at Adelaide, a cold expression back on his face. He didn't give her much time to answer. With a wave at Ryan, he turned around and walked past her.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

Ryan took Matthew's hand and giggled, holding onto it. "Matthew..." He replied. "Matthew." He repeated again.

She looked at Matthew, smiling a little thinking maybe he'd give her a shot at been friends at least. She couldn't tell him about Ryan unless they were friends. She sighed a little when she saw his cold look, and he was bitter again towards her, despite how friendly he was been to Ryan.

"Ok then, maybe I'll see you around." She muttered, watching him leave.

She looked at Ryan and smiled again as she watched him, he reminded her of Matthew in so many ways and the pain of what she did to Matthew came flooding back. SHe sighed and walked off, taking Ryan to the park for the day, hoping to run into Matthew again at one point. She worried about what he thought of her. If she told him about Ryan too soon, would he take him away from her because of what she did. She sighed, deciding not to think about it right now.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

[gotta go, Post a little later. 5 am here already, need to sleep. ]

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

[Ok then, good night!!!]

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Re: Correcting Mistakes [Private Between Sammie and Mystery]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mystery_at_best on Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm

Matthew couldn't deny his curiosity about Adelaide's living situation. She gave birth to her son, just a year after leaving. And a single mom to add to that. The most curious thing for him at the moment though was Ryan. He couldn't help but be fond towards him and his eyes...they were exactly the same as his.

He guessed a lot of people held the same eye color as him. And they only did it once of course, so the pressure's off of him. Reaching his destination, his own apartment away from his parents and much more closely designated to the College, he walked in and locked the door behind him. He dropped to the couch and began sipping on his mildly warm coffee.

He reached for his phone and decided to call the second last person he'd ever think to call after the incident. "Hey! Matt here. Adelaide's back." he whispered into the receiver and waited for the reply on the other line.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

((I take it we're talking about her brother, if not, I can edit this post.))

James stayed silent on the other end of the phone. "What? When?" He asked, surprised that Matt was calling and even more surprised at what he was saying.

The anger appeared again in his voice.

"Where is she?" He asked, having no idea that she had a kid.

---

Addie took Ryan to the park for a while, trying to think about what she was going to do as it got dark out. She hadn't actually found a place to stay here yet and had been kicked out of her last place. She sighed, debating about trying home, but changed her mind about that.

Ryan was asleep against her shoulder as she sat at a small cafe afterwards. She could afford a coke but she really needed to figure something out. Maybe she could get shelter at the local church or something. She sighed again not even knowing how she was going to find a place when she couldn't afford the rent.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

[yup. I was talking about him.]

Matt sighed at James, a little relieved that he actually talked to him. He hadn't talked to him in a while and this situation was the only chance he got to talk to him again.

"I just bumped into her a few minutes ago. I think she just arrived and I don't really know where she's staying at." He replied quickly, saying all the necessary answer to his questions. "Um, and James...she kind of has a kid." he added a little nervously, afraid that the already angered man might get angry at him from the information.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

"A kid?!" He screamed down the phone. "You mean a kid as in her kid? She's only 17 years old! She can't have a kid." He answered.

James just sighed finally. "I need to find her. No. Wait. She got herself into this mess. She obviously has her own little family now." He growled.

"If I were you, I wouldn't have anything else to do with her. You know what happened last time."

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Matt sighed when James started acting up again, allowing his anger to get the better of him. If he was in his place, he would have probably taken pity on her sister but then again he wasn't the one embarrassed like James was.

"James, calm down." he pleaded a little, unable to cut in through his rant.

"I have no intentions in getting myself caught in her web again. I just want to make sure you do something. She hasn't been married according to him." he told him, hopeful that this was enough to convince him to go looking for his sister.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

"I'm going to go find her." He simply told Matt. "Thanks for letting me know."

With that, he hung up. James grabbed his jacket and headed out of his apartment starting to look for Addie. It was a couple of hours later, when he was on the verge of giving up that he saw her at the cafe. He smiled lightly when he saw her, his anger disappearing. Slowly he sat down in the spare seat opposite her.

"So, you are back." He said quietly.

Addie looked up in shock. "James..." She started.

"Yes...It's me." He told her.

"Matt told me you were in town so I came looking for you. He also told me you had a kid. What's his name?" He questioned.

"Ryan..." She told him quietly.

He nodded slightly.

"How old?"

"Two." She replied.

He sighed. "Where you staying?" He asked.

"I've not got anywhere just yet."

"Right, come on back to mine. You can stay there until you get back on your feet." He sighed, his anger having totally gone.

"Thanks James. It means alot." Addie whispered, standing up.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mystery_at_best on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:34 am

Matt sighed, this familiar feeling overcoming him like so many years before. He groaned in frustration as he realized it. Why did he have to force her back in his life? He knew he could have just allowed her to move on and find some other way to live for herself.

But there was something stopping him. And he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach when his thoughts told him it was her child. Ryan.

He couldn't help but wish he was his kid. But then again, he didn't want to do anything with Adelaide anymore. He sighed in frustration, getting up and walking out of his apartment again. He decided that he needed some fresh air and a distraction from this drama.

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

Addie started walking with James as they headed towards his appartment. They were walking in silence as Ryan slept against Addie's shoulder. It was when she looked up to see where she was that she noticed Matt again, walking on the same side of the path as they were. Addie just froze, watching him. When he was close enough. She spoke up.

"Hey Matt."

"Addie...Just leave him alone. You caused enough trouble for him." James told her.

Addie looked at Matt, the sadness showing.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mystery_at_best on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:53 am

Matt looked in front of him to find the two sibling walking together. He sighed inwardly, trying to be strong inside and not give in to the temptations.

He looked to James and acknowledged his presence with a nod. He then turned to Adelaide who greeted him and just nodded as well. He wasn't in the mood to talking to either of them, since his problem was them.

"Arggh!" he groaned in his head, "I needed distractions not them!"

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

James nodded back and Addie could tell that right now, he was on Matt's side more than hers. She just looked towards Matt and sighed, been pulled away by her brother, who she realised that just wanted her out of everyone's sight.

"Come on Addie. I just want to get back to mine." He commented.

Addie nodded slightly. "See you later Matt." She told him.

She just continued walking with James quietly. They both still hated her. James was just taking her in so more people didn't see her with a kid.

xImxLostxWithoutxYou
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mystery_at_best on Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Matt frowned as he watched them pass him by. He shook his head with a rather loud groan, trying to remember why he went out again. Oh yeah, he needed to get his mind off of those two. He walked on, deciding that the best place to forget all his troubles would be in a bar.

He stalked off to the nearest bar, taking off his scarf once he was in it's warmth. He walked straight to the bar, and ordered one bottle of beer for now.

[Maybe she could be walking along the streets later that night and bump into him again while he's drunk?]

mystery_at_best
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!