Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Designing Chaos 6010 A.D.

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Designing Chaos 6010 A.D.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzgrymnThePale on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 am

It took me about 2 years to create the core rulebook all by myself. I did all the artwork and all the writing and it has topped out at 300 pages. All in all it was a great success and has begun to flow into a great game. I wanted a game that uses all the types of dice. As well you want the system to be quick and pretty simple to play. Well you roll a d10 for initiative to see who goes first. You keep that order for the remainder of the combat.

Second is attack and defense. The attacker describes their attack, "I want to shoot a single shot from my revolver at the enemy." He rolls a d20 adding any modifiers if possible. He rolls a 12.

The defender gets to roll his defense now. He rolls a d20 then adds his defense modifier if applicable. He gets a 10, and gets shot.

So the attacker then rolls the damage (4d6) with his revolver. He rolls a 3, 4, 2, and a 6. In Chaos 6010 if you roll a 66 on a d6 for damage we use max continuance (or exploding dice). He gets to roll that 6 again and add it to the damage. He rolls a 4. So in total he rolls 19 damage. The defender has 25 hit points, and is knocked to the ground since the damage is higher than his Body attribute of 14.

The attacker still has 1 more shot left and movement as well, so he walk over to the wounded enemy and says "You should have brought a gun to this fight instead of that sword." He fires his last shot at point blank range giving him another +2 to hit and rolls a 15.

The defender rolls his d20 also suffering a -1 for laying prone but rolls an 18 to defend. Now its his turn. Slapping the sword out of his face when he defended, he leaps up and decides to call a "rage attack" which means he uses both of his actions for one roll to attack. If he hits it deals double damage though, he decides to go for ot and rolls a 16 to hit.

The defender with the gun rolls and gets a 4. So the wounded swordsman rolls his damage 2d10 4, and 9. He also has a strength dmg modifier of +2 for having a good strength attribute. Added together is 15. He did a rage attack though so x2 is 30. The shooter just lost his head and the wounded swordsman can now loot that dead, arrogant punk and gain his Cool Points (experience) for the fight.

Armor in Chaos 6010 A.D. soaks damage. So if you are hit for 14 damage and your leather armor has a rating of 2. You only take 12 damage.

Chaos 6010 A.D. is a game based in a dark future setting. Post apocalyptic, mixed with fantasy. There are 20 different races and 20 character classes in the core rulebook. There is magic, cybernetics, alternate dimensions, demons, and angels. You can travel throughout the galaxy and it is all thrown into one book. The Core Rulebook has it all due to the fact that I wanted you to be able to play without buying 4 books to do so. That is a lot of information thrown into one book though I must admit, that is why I am ow expanding on the game with other sourcebooks. Check them out here if you are interested.
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php ... rs_id=3578
http://www.chaos6010.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AzgrymnThePale
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!