Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Detective Comics (Animated) Roleplay (IC)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Detective Comics (Animated) Roleplay (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Here is the OOC/Sign up topic link: detective-comics-animated-roleplay-ooc-need-people-t27870.html

Here is the first post... my first actual 'roleplay' post in a forum. I will get better, I promise. xD

Shayera punched in a landing code and peered out the Javelin's window as the thick doors leading to the Watchtower's landing bay slowly parted, allowing the sleek jet to slip through and hover, guided by her deft hands and the waving bars of the landing crew below. She reached forward and pulled a horizontal bar down that would release and lock the jet's wheels, slowly guiding the Javelin down to a quick, neat landing.

There was a series of clicks as Shayera and her team mates, Booster Gold and Plastic Man, unbuckled their seat belts and stood up, swerving around the seats and heading for the doors that would lead them out of the jet. Shayera subtly stretched her long gray wings, mindful of the cramped interior around her, and pressed a button beside the doors that caused them to open with a hiss, revealing bright light that swallowed the dimness of the Javelin's interior and caused her to squint her green eyes.

"I'd say that was a successful mission," Plastic Man said cheerfully as the three exited the Javelin and walked across the landing bay. "Though those laser blasters they had were nasty."

J'onn had sent Shayera, Booster Gold, and Plastic Man to respond to a call for help from the defenseless population of a backwater planet that were being attacked by sentient nanorobotic life forms from a galaxy over. The mission was a piece of cake compared to the many battles Hawkgirl had faced as one of the founding members of the Justice League. For all their sentience and high technology, the life forms had failed to protect themselves from water and electrical blasts.

"Yeah, but they were no match for our wits... and Shayera's mace," Booster Gold added the last part almost as an afterthought.

Shayera gave him a sharp look, then tilted her head slightly and smiled. "You did okay, too." Men.

After the three parted ways, Shayera headed for the cafeteria for a drink and a quick look at what Justice League members were present in the Watchtower at the moment. Black Canary and Green Arrow were at one table, another occupied by Gypsy, Zatanna, and Vigilante, and the rest were empty, although there were people walking around and heading for the lunch bar. There was no sign of Green Lantern anywhere... though she told herself to stop looking for him while he was dating Vixen. She'd been avoiding having any sort of conversation with him beyond a companionable "Hi, how are you?"... not that she had given up on him. She was giving him his space after what she'd done during the Thanagarian invasion.

It always boiled down to that. The Thanagarian invasion. Now events were remembered as "before" and "after" the Thanagarian invasion for her... probably for them, too. She was determined to put it behind her... she'd betrayed the Justice League for their own good, or so she had thought. The fact that the Thanagarians had intended to destroy the Earth to get to the Gordanians hadn't softened the blow one bit, even if she hadn't known about it.

Turning her thoughts away from that particularly nasty week, Shayera grabbed a glass and filled it with ice and orange soda, splitting away from the lunch line and heading for an abandoned table.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Detective Comics (Animated) Roleplay (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby smileythemask on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Solomon Grundy sat alone within his home in Slaughter Swamp. He hadn't left in a while since he had no reason to. He had learned from past experiences that as long as Superman and the other super hero's like him where there he would never be able to accomplish anything outside of what he had done already. He was really just worried about one super hero in particular. Hawkgirl or Bird-nose as he called her since she was one of the few people that could actually hurt him. After a short while of sitting in his own sorrow he finally decided to leave his home at Slaughter Swamp and escape into the sewer's so he could get out some what without having to worry about being attacked for just trying to get out for once. He left Slaught Swamp and began to head to the nearest city and opened up a manhole and bashed his way into it since his giant size wouldn't let him get in normally.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

smileythemask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Typhon13 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:52 am

A bright yellow flash in the night sky heralded the arrival of sinestro, the rouge green lantern who'd went from protector to tyrant-all for the greater good in his mind of course. He quickly set up shop in an abandoned warehouse, quickly killing the small group of thugs that put up a fight that was remarable in it's short and pointless nature. Besides, they might've talked otherwise, and this soon along in his plans he could still be stopped. He's finally come onto a plan to tear apart the justice league and destroy the green lantren corps permanently, but he need allies. First up, joker-human, but only just. With the clown prince of crime under his thumb he could more easilly work undetected and have a suitable patsy in case the operation went belly-up. He disguised himself soon enough, and went out to find one "harly-quinn" Real nane, hrleen quinnzel, a former shrink at arkham asylum who'd lost it and decided she wanted to be the jokers girlfriend/ wife as much as possible. "Harly quinn" He called out, keeping his signature yellow glow under wraps until neccessary and any bare skin covered with a flawless illusion.

Typhon13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheOwl on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

(Static)

"You sure Batman's okay with you patrolling on his turf?" Gear's voice was crystal clear through the Shock Vox, his tone untroubled despite the doubtful nature of his words.

"Dude, I told you. He asked me to come here a couple times, what's wrong with me comin' here whenever I want? Gotham's a big city, I bet he needs the help... even if he won't admit it," Static replied, cruising down a rather dank alleyway on his Static Saucer, a blinding trail of violet-white EM energy undulating behind him like a whip.

"I dunno, V. That's like a neighbor asking you to fix her TV, then you breaking in and watching her TV whenever you want."

Static rolled his eyes at Gear as he emerged from the alleyway, rising along with the ominous black buildings that pierced Gotham's unnatural red sky with their wickedly sharp spires. He rose until he was about fifty feet off of the ground, flying over several two and three story buildings and looking down the slimy alleys for signs of trouble. He found none.

"What else am I supposed to do? Dakota's been quiet since that night we got our powers back and Gotham's only a ten minute flight away. If there were any Bang Babies created from that second Big Bang, they're layin' low."

The conversation continued for a couple more minutes, veering towards their favorite comics and when the latest releases would come out, and after a quick patrol of the neater areas of Gotham, Static reluctantly flew towards the seedier areas. It didn't take long for a crime to show itself, and soon Static was chasing two teenage crooks as they tore down the road, carrying something dark and metallic and being screamed at by a fiftyish lady who jogged down the road after them, shaking her fist, her purse held in one hand.

"Huh... she still has her purse. What the heck did they steal?" Static wondered out loud as he sent two streams of EM energy at the crooks, lifting them into the air and slamming them into a nearby brick wall, where he stuck them with a Static Cling.

"Why don't you two stick around 'till the police get here? I'm sure they'll be glad to get you down," Static told the crooks as he floated towards the wall, but froze as he spied the gun in the left one's hand.

"That's mine," The old lady griped as she walked up, wheezing and pulling the gun out of the man's hand, and sticking it back in her purse.

"What? I have a license to carry it," The old woman said in response to Static's dumbfounded and rather disgusted expression.

Static just shook his head as she walked off, ascending into the sky to look for more crime. There's only one city where the kind old lady carries a gun and the greatest superhero terrifies everyone, including the civilians.

TheOwl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!