Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dominance OOC sign ups and discussion

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dominance OOC sign ups and discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:15 am

Arkamask was a beautiful place, and once the two races that inhabited it, the Armand, creatures of fire, and the Elnil, creatures of the forest; were allies. They live together, for the world of Arkamask was suited to them both in one way or another; great volcanoes rose out of the ground, while beneath them the forest floor was lush and green. That was a typical image of the whole of Arkamask, and it fitted with the two races perfectly. They learned of each others customs as time went by. The Elnil did not eat meat for example, and the Armand chose their leader by fighting one another for the right.

From within the ranks of the Armand however rose a new leader. He defeated all challengers and was declared the new king of the Armand, after defeating the old king in an hour long battle. He then set to work, weaving a web of lies around his subjects. He made them believe that the Elnil had been stealing their food, that they were a far inferior race and therefore deserved nothing more than to serve the Armand. After several months of this, finally he was ready to act. He and a group of elite Armand warriors captured the Elnil and declared that they were their overlords. From that day forth the Elnil lived only as servants to the Armand. There had been no trouble controlling them; the Elnil were not creatures of war unlike the Armand and were few in number, so there had been no fight when they were taken.

Now every Armand family has a Elnil servant, whether it is a six year old girl to a sixty year old man. The Elnil were allowed to be alone as they walked the streets of the cities, but they were scorned and sometimes beaten everywhere they went, so they soon learnt to stay indoors. But a movement amongst them began, starting out with only six Elnil meeting together once a month, to over fifty. Together they talked and planned to escape; while at the same time spreading the word of this group to the other Elnil. It grew hard for them to find a meeting place as their numbers grew, so they ended up with two seperate meetings, each for a different set of Elnil. Freedom beckoned, if only they could sieze the chance.

Ok, as you can probably tell from that, the Elnil and Armand were once friends and allies, but a corrupt king began to rule the Armand and enslaved the Elnil. You can be either an Armand or Elnil (obviously); I would prefer more Elnil than Armand really, maybe five Elnil and two or three Armand, something alont those lines although I don't mind having more. If you are an Armand you play the role as A/ one of the kings advisors, or B/ a soldier who hears rumours of the Elnil "escape commitee" and try to find and destroy it. if you take the role of an Elnil you attend the meetings, lead them if you want, and then try to escape with the others when the time comes. I want this roleplay not just to be about the planning, but about the Armand tracking down the Elnil after they have escape so the escape won't take ages to do otherwise I think Armand players will get a bit bored.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
position:
Appearance:
Weapons(Armands only although Elnil may pick up weapons during the escape):
History(optional):

RULES

1) No godmodding
2) If your characters death is inevitable don't avoid it, you can always come back as someone else
3) NO one liners. You can always squeeze at least two paragraphs out of a post I think; your characters thoughts, feelings, reactions to things said in past posts, and things to help move the roleplay on. If you get allthat in you should have more than enough writing
4) No OOC in the IC thread, any discussion is done in this thread
5) Respect the other roleplayers; if you have a problem with something the other person has posted then talk to them about it and resolve the issue, without insulting and arguing with each other.

RACES

1)
Name: Armand
Basic facts: average lifespan: 153 years. Average height: 4 '6'. The Armand are a strange race. They mainly walk of all fours, but walk on two feet with ease. They have scales, which are off white in colour. These scales are the perfect protection from the burning hot sun, reflecting the sun's rays. They like in the desert mainly, although some live in the lava pits. They dig deep burrows, using their razor sharp claws. They will make the main burrow in a matter of days, and then will slowly expand it throughout their lives. They hardly ever have contact with other races, although speech is no barrier as they speak perfectly well. They are considered to be untrustworthy, and they look strange, their head out of proportion with the rest of their body, very small, like a young child's drawing. This makes their appearance strange and, to some, disgusting

2)
Elnil
Humanoids, they have diamond-like eyes and faintly green-tinted skin. Bark-like nails, flat teeth. They live in small hut villages deep in the forests. To an Elnil, their community is the most important fact of life; their villages are fed by communal gardens, the food from which is stored in a shared granary. Inhabitants of a village give and take freely amongst each other; there is no word in the Elnil tongue for "mine." They are quick to form relationships with other people, but those few who go abroad tend to find trouble easily: Elnil have a habit of simply taking what they need without asking, a practice other races find curiously distasteful.

thats all for now, I may add other things later on
Last edited by Sir Alban on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Dominance OOC sign ups and discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:54 am

I'd like to play an Armand/Aiden (you keep switching the names), but they would be an Elnil sympathizer, secretely attending and even holding their meetings when needed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:31 am

oops lol I will edit it I was switching cause I used that race in a different RP and decided to change the name or lol and got myself confused so the race char sheet should say Armand like it does all through in intro scene

and yeah sure you can play an Armand, and it would be great as a Elnil sympathiser, cause that could be how they manage to escape with you showing them the way out of the city.

Oh, and I will play an Elnil myself.

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyrwolf on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Name: Goranke (known as Gor to friends)

Race: Armand

Position: Son of the beaten Armand king

Appearance: Gor is larger than most Armand, known for his muscle size that almost makes his head proportional to his body. However, because of this, he has lost his ability to walk on two legs, at the price of being stronger. His white scales are kept shiny and white, and is on the younger side of the Armand lifespan. Many envy his muscle size, and hope (or fear) that he may one day take revenge on his father's loss, and overthrow the new king.

Weapons: Longsword (held in teeth)

History(optional): Goranke is the son of the king that fell to the one who enslaved the Elnil, meaning that he inherited his father's den, servants, and wealth. It took him a long time to gain respect, however, but accomplished it through his sheer size, but cool demeanor. However, he secretly hates the enslavement of Elnil, and has set about freeing them. To the Armand population, he is known as one of the wealthiest, most powerful Armands in the land, purchasing a grand total of 150 slaves and counting during his time, not to mention the willing servants who had to be turned into slaves. Apart from buying slaves, he is known for picking them off the streets and 'putting them to work', which is considered good to the Armands. However, what he is really doing with all of these Elnil is giving them sanctuary in his massive home, protecting them from the harsh world. This is a known fact among the Elnil, who have repaid his efforts by helping him train almost non-stop, keep his abode clean, and run the tasks a real slave would do, but willingly.

Vyrwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Accepted :D

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!