Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greymill - OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Greymill - OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Within the Empire of Asaran, ruled by the warrior King, Adrak Sayine, lies the settlement of Greymill. Greymill lies beside the Goldwater forest, many of the locals earn their living from the woodland and the pool at it's center. Only several miles from the ocean town of Northport Shore, Greymill is a large exporter of wood to the Empire.

Greymill is one of the stranger settlements in Asaran as it is separated into half by the nobles. On one side, the southernmost, the commonfolk live. The rows of houses cover the walling of the town, circling around the market square, and church. The church lies in the east, with the tavern in the west. In the north section of the city, on the other side of the wall put in place by the nobles. The noble half of the city contains it's own market, containing much more expensive and exotic goods. A larger, more glamorous church also holds place alongside Lord Polad Beskel's manor. The nobles housing is much more extravagant than the commonfolk's, but there is much less of it. Greymill is inhabited by many more of the serfs than of the nobles, who tend to live in the neighboring city of Crommibur.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all. I've been wanting to set up a RP like this for quite some time, and I hope it catches some interest. In the Roleplay, you, and myself, will take the part of the citizens of Greymill who will go about their daily lives. Players can take the role of anyone within the city, except for the Lord, Polad Beskel, and his family; that means guard, merchant, woodsman, stableboy, noble e.c.t.

I'm afraid, vampires, werewolves and the like are off limits; they do not exist in this world. Elves and Dwarves do exist, but there are very, very few in Asaran. Magic does exist, but only accessible to the nobles, and even then it is not socially acceptable to practice. You can take on the role of someone from the other Empire's, such as an elf or a dwarf, but the nobles, and governing body of Asaran do not approve of the other Empires or races, and they must live amongst the commoners.

Usual rules apply. No goddmodding, no mary-sues. And if your character commits a crime, I'm afraid the guards will come at ya' if your caught. If you PM me, or post that you are not going to be taking part any longer, or you are disrupting the story with unrealistic events such as your character running around screaming 'lol, omg!' and such. I will have you killed. :D

Skeleton:

Name:
Appearance (Preferably description. No anime):
Personality:
Biography:

I'll post my character sheet if interest is shown.
Last edited by Horsk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Horsk
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Greymill - OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitcher on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

This certainly catches my interest. However, as a full-time, first-year college student, I may not be able to participate as often as I would like. I will definitely post as often as I am able, but before I do fill out the skeleton sheet, I would like to ask if this is fine by you? The minimum I would be able to commit is one post a week. Hopefully, though, I'll be more flexible than that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stitcher
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 pm

That's absolutely fine. I mean, being that I want Greymill to become a living settlement then your character is free to do as they wish. As long as you can incorporate realism into your absence, for instance your character doesn't leave their house much or is working a lot, then that's completely acceptable.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stitcher on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I will certainly do that.

Skeleton:

Name: Setryna Aelynka
Social Status: Serf
Appearance (Preferably description. No anime): Setryna possesses a pair of long, toned legs that have helped her maintain a height that surpasses that of most full-grown women in her area. Her appearance gives off a soothing feeling, and despite her crude, unseen antics, she retains a pleasant smile and glowing face at all times. She keeps her long, brunette hair in a single braid that sweeps just beyond her waist, occasionally tying in beads and metallic links of jewelry into it. Never seen in anything more than a tattered garment, she may not appear to be of any worth. Her eyes, however, bright and luminescent that they are, often deprive her of her provincial looks and add a shining sense of royalty.
Personality: Open-minded and a frequent daydreamer, Setryna is a sweet woman with a curiosity that surpasses that of any scholar or philosopher.
Biography: Due to her agrarian lifestyle, little is known about Setryna, a fact she is more than ready to change. On a weekly basis, she escapes from her home within Greymill and seeks thrills beyond the protective walls. Although her hopes have begun to die, she still hopes to discover something that might lift her from her lonely life and setting.

Tell me what you think!

Stitcher
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:56 pm

That's great. Going to be interesting to see what will change for her. Looking forward to 'meeting' her.

Name: Vennan Nicult
Social Status: Serf

Appearance: Vennan is a man of average height with a broad chest and muscular arms from his bowstring and axe. He has muddy, brown eyes and dark hair which curls around his head and falls at neckline at the back. He has tanned, dark skin from his time in the midday sun hunting. He wears a dark green layer of dirty fabric around his neck and chest to act as a scarf as the nobles have. He has a thin, cloth shirt and rugged, worn trousers which feed into heavy boots. He wears his quiver on his back when he leaves the city, and holds his bow across his chest, his axe in hand.

Personality:
Vennan is a man who likes to get his job done. Coming from one of the poorer families in Greymill, all he has known is working, eating and sleeping. The woodsman has never experienced love, had extended 'playtime' as a child, or met many people outside his family. He has lived in Greymill since he was seven, when he moved from Northport Shore, hasn't really mixed with the other citizens much.

Biography: Moving to Greymill when was seven years old, Vennan discarded his fathers footsteps. His father is the priest in Greymill, and a large part of the community. Unlike him, Vennan has never 'mingled,' and not many people know of his existence or his relation to Father Nicult. Spending a lot of his childhood collecting wood for his mother, Vennan became familiar with the wood and it's ways. As soon as he was fourteen, Vennan began hunting and gathering in Goldwater for his family.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bllwolf1 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Dang, I know I shouldn't be getting into an RP, as school starts tomorrow, but I can't help it! Before I make my skelly, I would like to know 2 things:
1) Is Greymill a large city, or small town, what?
2) More out of curiosity, what does a woodsman do exactly?
RANDOM FACTS
Dracul meant Dragon in Romanian in the time of Vlad the Impaler, the man also known as Draculea, or Dracula.
Draculea literally means "Son of the Dragon"

bllwolf1
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Size wise, it's a large town. I wouldn't say it was as large as a city, but it is by no means small. It has all the necessities for a family of the time. The Southern half is, apart from the spaced out market, rather cramped housing wise. The houses are close together with small alleys inbetween. The Northern district is much more spacious, but there is less housing as it is much more extravagant and by far the smaller side.

By Woodsman, I believe it's the right term, Vennan is a Forester / Hunter. He will gather wood for fire, woodwork and such. But also hunt animals, such as deer, for his meal that evening or his family.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bllwolf1 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh, you know what, I just am not going to be able to keep up with an RP during school. It just started and already I have 2 projects! There is no way I'll be able to do this, sorry.

bllwolf1
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!