Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kobolds, Goblins, and Mountain Giants - My Introduction Post

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Kobolds, Goblins, and Mountain Giants - My Introduction Post

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krogren on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:15 am

Hello everyone!

I’m a nineteen year old college student from Oklahoma. I’m currently studying to be a computer programmer. I was first introduced to roleplaying back in High school, where a teacher began running a Dungeons and Dragons roleplay session after-school. I was enthralled by this new atmosphere, and completely intrigued with roleplaying. To augment my roleplaying fun, and to fill my needs for more, I joined several online roleplaying groups and forums.

My favorite memory of this time was a short adventure I had with an online campaign. In the style of Dungeons and Dragons adventures, a group of us met at a tavern, definitely a clichè moment, and set off on a quest of extreme importance, and even greater peril. Bonds of companionship soon formed. As we traveled together, our characters grew more complex, and more fulfilling. Soon we encountered the biggest challenge yet. We were set upon by kobolds, goblins, and mountain giants. The mountain giants stood at just a small twenty feet tall. Despite these enormous odds against us, we prevailed. Well, until most of our players sadly dropped out for some reason or another.

After a year of roleplaying online, and at sit-down dice and paper sessions, the ‘fad’ of roleplaying wore off. I slowly drifted away from roleplaying, and lost myself in schoolwork, preparation for college, and other activities.

I don’t think I ever lost my love of roleplaying, but that it was, more-or-less, repressed because of other more pressing needs. As I find more time in college than I had in high school, ironic that college gives me more free time, I feel that I should once more plunge into the realm of roleplaying. I’m very excited to be a part of a new community, and to roleplay once again.

A bit more about my roleplaying experience; I’ve GM’d a couple of online roleplay games, and several paper and dice campaigns. I’m been involved with perhaps a dozen different campaigns online, and several DnD campaigns. I’m by no means a fantastic writer, and I consider myself novice writer. I have plenty of ideas, but I have the bane of not being able to express them on paper. Thats about all I can think of about myself thats relevant, but if there’s anything you would like to know don’t hesitate to ask me! Thanks :)
Last edited by Krogren on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Krogren

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Krogren
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Kobolds, Goblins, and Mountain Giants - My Introduction Post

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xMessiahx on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:29 am

I too was introduced to roleplaying by D&D, it's one of my favorite games(although there's nobody around to play it with anymore.). Welcome to RPGateway.

"I have plenty of ideas, but I have the bane of not being able to express them on paper." I have this too, it really sucks sometimes xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xMessiahx
Member for 15 years

Re: Kobolds, Goblins, and Mountain Giants - My Introduction Post

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krogren on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 am

Thanks, Messiah! Yes, it really does. I've always wanted to try my hand at writing a Novel, but its just not something for me I suppose.

I managed to find a few people to play D&D with me last semester, but they are extremely scarce... That was the main reason I turned to online forums for roleplaying.

Krogren
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!