Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lost in time (closed)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Lost in time (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Travis found him self wondering the scrap yard as he often did. He enjoyed seeing what sort of antique parts he could find. Sometimes he found some really old parts, but usually all that could be found were just the usual hover car parts. Travis found the classic cars to be more interesting with there wheels, tires, and older fuel. Those sort of parts were hard to find though due to the nuclear war a few years back.

After a long while of looking and coming up with nothing he decided to head back home. As he was walking down the garbage filled streets he looked up to the sky past the towering buildings and hovering cars of the city. It had gotten dark quite fast. It began to rain as storm clouds raced through the sky blocking out the moon. “Great now I get to walk home in the rain.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zin
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Lost in time (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Ally slowly followed her mother inside the nondescript government building. Her mother never would tell her what she does at work and after ten years of secrecy, she was getting fed up. Keeping her distance, she watched as her mother punched in a four digit code into the key pad. As her mother stepped in, Ally slowly followed her, snaking in before the doors closed behind her. Her adrenaline was rushing through her veins as she silently hummed the pink panther theme song. She wasn't paying attention to her mother as she turned the corner. "Crap!" She muttered under her breath as she ran to see where her mother went. Only two doors lined the small corridor her mother had went down. Huffing a her red bangs out of her eyes, she stared at the two doors. "She probably went into this one." She said, choosing a door that was closest to her. She stepped into the room and was surprised to find a long metal hallway. Cautiously, she walked down the corridor and pulled open the heavy metal door before stepping inside. The room was a cavernous circle. Two walkways went from where Ally was standing to the middle of the room where a large metal circle was suspended. Slowly, she stepped across the walkway, looking down at the dark abyss below her. "What has my mother been doing?" She muttered as she stood in the middle of the circle. She jumped when she felt something brush against her leg. A small black cat was purring beside her. "Are you ready, Stroger?" A voice echoed. Ally jumped and looked around, "W-what?" She called back. She turned to look behind her and saw a large window, revealing a team of scientists working in a lab. The person who was at the microphone froze when he saw a girl in the middle of the circle. "Hey!" He shouted, "What are you doing in there?!" Ally was stunned as the scientists turned to see what the commotion was about. Ally's mother made eye contact with her daughter. Her mouth went into a small 'o' as she pushed the man away from the microphone, "ALLY! GET OUT OF THERE!" She shouted. Before Ally could reply, a bright light filled the room, blinding her. She felt herself being sucked into the abyss, a scream being dragged out from her body. Ally was sucked through a whirlwind of images as scenes from the past, present and future floated past her. She felt herself go unconscious.

A crash and a sharp pain in her arm woke Ally up. She found herself in the middle of metal trash cans surrounded by garbage. Her head was pounding as she looked around at her surroundings in a daze. "Ugh," She muttered as she moved her arm to rub her forehead. A sharp pain shot up her arm again and she gasped, looking at her arm. It was bent awkwardly in the other direction. The pain had cleared her head and she took in her surroundings once again, "Where am I?" She asked under her breath as she watched cars hover above her.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:00 pm

Travis was whistling a tune as the rain began to pour down a little harder. A loud crash come up over the sound of the pounding rain and fast flying cars. Being a little paranoid Travis ducked down and started to look around. He stood up when he saw a girl laying on top of a few garbage cans. He let out a deep sigh as he walked over to her. “Well if you must know your in Metro city 12 section 17. You aright there?” He asked as he walked over to her and held out his hand to help her up.

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Ally stared at the boy and blinked for a moment before taking his hand and pulling herself up. "Metro City...?" She mused as she looked around. She would think that this was a dream except for the fact that her arm was killing her. She frowned at her limb before looking up. "What are those?" She asked, pointing up at the cars that hovered above her, "And how are they staying up? What time period is this?" She looked back at the boy, "And who are you?"

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Travis stared at the girl for a moment wondering if her questions were a joke. “My name is Travis Arco.” He paused for a moment thinking about her other seemingly ridicules questions. “Did you hit your head or something? Its 4202 and those are cars, but enough about that are you alright? Your arm doesn’t look so well.” He replied in a concerned tone.
Last edited by Zin on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:30 pm

"4202?" Ally asked dubiously, "Are you serious?" She stared at him, "No. It's the year 2009!" She narrowed her eyes at him, "If you're playing a joke on me, I don't think it's very funny." She snapped. She winced as she moved her arm slightly and carefully brought it to her chest, holding it with her other hand.

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Travis snatched a wet newspaper off the ground shaking off as much water as he could. “Well if you don’t believe me have a look.” He replied showing her the date on the paper. He gave her a moment to examine the paper. It may have been a few months old but it was there clear as day. “Are you lost or something?” He asked feeling a little concerned. Her questions were obviously not a joke. Was she crazy of something?“look we should get out of the rain and probably have some one look at your arm.”

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Ally stared at the paper, blinking as she looked at the date. She felt herself grow faint as she dropped the paper to the ground, "Yes." She said weakly to him, "I think I am lost." She looked at her arm and shifted it a little so that another sharp pain ran up her limb, causing her to wince. No, it wasn't a dream. She shook her head, "That sounds like a good idea." She said, nodding wearily.

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:05 pm

“Ok follow me. I know some one who should be able to fix you right up.” He said as he started off down the street. “What did you say your name was again?” He asked knowing that she hadn’t said. As they turned the corner of the street he pulled out a cell phone and started to call one of his friends. Being distracted with his phone he stepped into a rather deep puddle. “Damn it!” He cursed. He then looked up “Sorry for the language.” He apologized. “So if your lost the your not from around here. So… where are ya from?”

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Ally hesitated for a moment then followed him. She was under debate on whether or not she should follow this kid, even though he did just help her. "Ally." She said, "Ally Rimmauld." She couldn't help but laugh a little when he got his leg wet. She instantly sobered up when he asked her about her home, "Uhm..." She hesitated, "Washington DC?" She took a breath, "You're gonna think I'm crazy but I don't think I'm from this time period..."

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:17 pm

“Well nice to meet ya Ally.” He said as his friend answered the call. “Who is Ally?” Came a voice over the phone. Travis laughed when he heard Ally say she was from Washington DC. Then he heard her say something rather odd. He wasn’t sure what she was going on about. “A friend who needs you help Zach.” He answered to the voice. “Your right about not being from this time period. Most people don’t call it Washington any more. But uh… what exactly do you mean not from this time period?” He asked giving her a confused look.

“What’s that she needs help with?” Zach asked. “Well I think she broke her arm and you’re the closest thing we have to a doctor around here.” Travis replied. “Alright I’ll take a look” Zach answered hanging up the phone. “Well good bye to you too.” Travis said slipping the phone into his pocket. “Sorry about that, but I got some one who can look at your arm.” He apologized again. “So what’s this about not being from this time period?” He asked again.

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Ally was silent for a moment. She didn't really know if she should trust him to tell him the whole story. He did help me... She thought. Taking a breath, she said, "Actually. It's exactly what I mean. I'm not from this year." She gave him a sheepish smile, "Just a few hours ago, I was living peacefully in the year 2009 in Washington DC." She shook her head, "I know, you're not gonna believe me but it's true."

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:01 pm

“Your right that’s quite a story. Cant say I believe you though.” As they reached the end of the street they came up to a rather rundown looking apartment complex which had no front door. A few steps down the hallway and they stopped at a rather beaten down door. Travis banged on the door rather loudly. It was surprising that the raggedy old thing still stood on its hinges afterward. “Don’t bang on the door!” came an angry voice from the other side. “Well come on Zach its cold!” Travis replied.

A few seconds later the door opened behind it stood a rather tall man who looked to be around his late 40’s. His bald head didn’t do much to make him look any younger. Replacing his left arm was a strange robotic looking device which resembled an arm. It seemed to be fully functional which cold be told by the way he opened the door. “Well come on in.” he said as he wondered off into the room behind him.

Travis did just that as he entered the small dirty little apartment and plopped down on the couch. “Zach this is Ally. Ally meet Zach.” Travis said introducing the two of them. “Hay.” Zach replied in a friendly tone. There wasn’t much to it just a small kitchen and a living room with a fold out bed. It seemed smaller than it actually was because the floor was cluttered with old computer and tech parts lining the walls. There was a window. Not much of a view thought it was faceing a brick wall which was crudely gratified. “Well alright lets have a look at yer arm.” Zach said throwing a bit of junk out of a recliner. “Have a seat here and I’ll see what I can do.”

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 pm

"I told you." Ally muttered under her breath as she followed him, taking in her surroundings. She couldn't help but stare at the antediluvian state of the buildings around her, "Your doctor lives here?" She asked, mostly to herself. She tried not to jostle her arm so much as she walked behind Travis. When the door opened, she stared at the man's prosthetic, robotic arm. She was at a loss for words, silently obeying him as she plopped down on the chair. It took her a moment to speak, "H-how'd you lose your arm?" She asked.

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Travis laughed at the mention of Zach being a doctor. “Zach isn’t a real doctor. Only the rich can afford real doctors. Zach is just as good though.” Travis replied to Ally’s question. Zach searched around the room until he found what looked to be a flat 2ft by 2ft piece of glass. Zach glanced up at Ally when she asked him about his arm. “Well lets just say in the constant violence these years some of us don’t end up very lucky.” He said tapping the glass in a few places. As he did the glass turned to a tinted black color. Zach held the piece of glass just over Ally’s arm. The bones in her arm showed up a neon blue on the black tinted sheet of glass.

“In other words he doesn’t like to talk about it.” Travis replied to Ally’s unanswered question. “Hay Travis why don’t you shut up and hold this thing for me.” Zach snapped at him. “Alright.” Travis responded hopping up and holding the tinted screen. “Well its broken.” Zach said looking to Ally. “But nothing I cant fix. Hold the screen steady Travis.” He said as he grabbed a large looking pen object off a nearby shelf, knocking off a few things as he did. “This may hurt a little.” He said as he grabbed her arm to set the bones back together. His metallic arm leaving a cold touch. He then clicked on the large pen object which produced a blue colored beam of light. It now looked more like a laser pointer. He then moved the laser slowly back and forth over the aria where the bones were broken. He continued the back and forth motion for about 5 minutes. “Alright you can put the screen away Travis.” He looked up at Alley. “There you go good as new. Completely healed. Just don’t put too much pressure on it for a few hours it still a little weak.”

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:49 am

Ally stared at the instruments in awe. She was so mesmerized at how they worked that she didn't really feel the pain, well, not until her bones started to heal back together. That made her gasp softly. "That's it?" She asked when he moved away. "Wow, technology is so advanced." She mused as she moved her hand and arm, amazed at how quickly it was healed. It was small things like this that made her believe more and more that she wasn't in her own time. A wave of nostalgia and guilt washed over her as she remembered home. "Uhm, Travis." She said, looking up at him, "How am I going to get home?"

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Zach looked at Travis too. “You didn’t say that she was lost. So where are ya from?” He asked to Ally. “Oh now that’s a story. She thinks she if from the year of 2009.”There was a small moment of quiet as Zach pondered on what Travis said. “Well are you?” Zach asked Ally seriously wondering if she was. “What?” Travis asked quite loudly not believing Zach’s question. “What its happened before?” Zach said now looking to Travis. “Yea only like twice and you know what they did to those two.” “That’s why I am concerned. I mean look at her no one dresses like that any more.” He said to Travis. “No offense.” He added in looking at Ally. “Besides she seemed amazed at the speed we fixed her arm.” Zach went on. “You read too many comics.” Travis replied. “So any way where are ya from?” Zach asked looking at Ally.

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Ally mutely nodded and watched the banter between the two men. She didn't know if she should butt into the conversation as offended or if she should just stay quiet. She was surprised when Zach addressed her with his original question, "Washington DC." She said with more certainty than she said with Travis. It seemed that there was one person who believed that she wasn't from this time period, even if she didn't believe it herself. "Look, I don't know what happened to me." She said quickly, looking at the two of them, "My mom was a physicist for the government and she was working on some secret assignment that I couldn't know about. I got really fed up and so I followed her to work but I accidentally walked into the door where the 'time machine' I guess you could call it, was. There was a cat with me too." As the story came out of her mouth, she realized how ridiculous it sounded.

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zin on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Zach seemed to be interested in Ally’s story. While Travis seemed to sit there quietly wondering if Ally was telling the truth or if she was just crazy. He seemed to be leaning more towards crazy. “A time machine you say?” Zach asked. Wanting to hear more about the time machine. “So what id-” Zach’s sentence was interrupted by a loud banging at the door. The banging was followed by a robotic like voice. “Civil protection open up!” Zach looked to Travis “What the hell did you do this time?” Travis jumped up from the couch with a puzzled look on his face. “Me? I didn’t do anything. They must be after you.” He was quick to reply. “I haven’t done anything.” Zach said as he stood up and headed to the door.

Travis spotted a strange hovering robotic thing at the window. It seemed to be examining them. “Zach there’s a watcher at the window.” He said looking back to Zach. “Oh great.” He said as the cracked the door open a little. “Hello there officers anything wrong?” Zach asked blocking there view of the room. Two well armored men stood on the other side of the door. There armor covered there entire body. It had what looked like neon blue lights lining the joints of the armor. There helmets had dark tented visors. “We are looking for a young girl. We believe that she may be in this building. We just need to take a look around.” One of them explained showing Zach a picture which looked to be Ally. The picture must have been taken by one of the watchers Zach thought.

Zach looked back to Travis and Ally he motioned for them to go out the window. “Ally come on.” Travis said as he moved over to the window. As he did he grabbed a hand gun out of a desk. He knew where Zach kept the important things. Zach slammed the door shut and grabbed a strange looking scatter gun thing, which was mounted above the door. Travis quickly fired two rounds at the robot hovering outside the window. Two bright green neon lasers shattered the window and shot the robotic thing out of the air. “Ally hurry out the window!” Travis yelled as he looked back to see Zach shove a filing cabinet up against the door.

Zin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thebluepimento on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Ally jumped at the banging. "W-what's going on?" She asked, looking from Zach to Travis but it was clear that she wasn't going to get an answer. Ally tried to strain to see who was at the door once Zach opened it and she caught a glimpse of her picture. Her heart started to beat rapidly, why were these men after her? She looked at Travis for some answers but he seemed distracted Zach. Suddenly, she heard the breaking of glass and heard her name. Following Travis, she scurried out the window, "W-what's going on?!" She asked him, "Who were they?!"

thebluepimento
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!