Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Open Challenge (Melee and H2H Combat, no abilties/powers)

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Open Challenge (Melee and H2H Combat, no abilties/powers)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Concordia Attica on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Visions. They were vivid and distracting. She could still taste the floating particles in the air. Ash and smoke drifted high and low, the essence of burning decay and bloody carcasses tickled her senses, but she continued to press on. She could feel them all, the forsaken souls that had become lost during this war. Her body trembled, her knees quaked as they searched for inner strength. She did not ask for this, she did not want this..but his voice continued to echo in the back of her mind. It was his command that she followed without question. Then, she saw the light..

Ebony hues popped upon capturing the dimming rays of a far away sunset. Looking around, the clearing in the forest seemed so peaceful and kind. The fluffy clouds that rolled across the cobalt sky only added to it's tranquil beauty. Yet, as the fading sunlight rained down upon her, she was not dressed in her usual attire. On the average, this fair mistress lavished herself in extravagant gowns that complimented her greatly. However, now she was covered in leather britches and a tight fitting tank top with only a collar to wrap around her neck. In her right hand, lay a single steel staff. The weapon itself seemed quite normal, with no further accessories attached. But just because the glimmering surface was calm, didn't mean that nothing was waiting in the darker waters.

Moving forward, she made an attempt to feel the ground around her. The terrain itself was made of wood chips, grass and dirt, which made for fair traction. Her sunless hair was pulled away from her angelic face while her right hand steadily gripped her elongated weapon.

She was a bit nervous, for melee was not in her best interest. Although, there was no time like the present to start learning the art of combat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Concordia Attica
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Open Challenge (Melee and H2H Combat, no abilties/powers)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:56 pm

"Get out of my forest."

Ignoring the steadily-setting sun, Max had been watching the woman for some time from the safety of a tall oak, and she'd shown no signs of leaving. He didn't consider himself particularly territorial, but when an unknown, mysterious woman came into his area of the forest without any sort of agenda, it just spelled trouble for the elf. The woman looked up curiously when he'd shouted, possibly trying to locate where it had come from, and Max intended to make that pointless. Holding both his sai in one hand, the limber elf leapt out of the tree's leafy canopy, catching a branch on the way down and performing a neat forward roll on impact. Tossing one of the sai into the air gently and catching it with his free hand, Max pointed the blade at the woman.

"Get out of my forest."

[[There you go, a post fairly open for a reply. For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_(weapon). Those are sai. The only difference between those and the ones Max uses is that the two projections from the handle are also sharpened, whereas they normally aren't.]]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

"Get out of my forest."

The voice traveled enough for her to hear it and in an inevitable response, her keen eyesight soared high into the treetops. She did not have to look long however, for the man fell rather gracefully to the forest floor. Instantly, her visage closed in upon him and steadily observed him as well as his defensive weapons.

Planting her feet into the ground, she bent her knee's thus lowering her stance. With her chin neatly tucked against her chest, the grip upon her staff tightened as she held it out before her. Her inexperience was evident, her body quivered with anticipation and her lips pursed together in tensity. With seconds passed, she spoke aloud. "Claiming something so pure is a betrayal to the God's. I do not see the mark of Artemis upon you, so you have no right to demand my departure." Her voice was harmonic and quite sweet, yet as she spoke these words, her tone also held a defined allegiance. She was not about to be bossed around by this man, not without a better reason at least.

With the staff resting merely before her hip with an angle guarding her right side, her facial features remained stern. What was this elvish male going to do? She waited with a soothing patience.

Concordia Attica
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:56 pm

[[This is actually the thread I'll miss most and least from here, because, from that one post, I can guess I'd either wipe the floor with you or the battle would end when you take umbrage with something I post - it could be absolutely anything - and refuse to reply until I accede to your endless complaining and let your character stab mine through the heart. Someone else can take over if they want, I couldn't give a shit at this point]]

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

[[ Oh boy.-- First of all, all you had to do was say that you did not wish to continue this bout like you stated last night. You don't need to take your personal feelings out on me. Secondly, I had stated when I first came to this board that Concordia is a new character. I brought her here to expand her horizon's and get some good RP out of her. Granted, ICly she has not perfected the art of Melee, she is not a big fighter compared to many of my other characters..hence, why I wished her to fight somebody with some skill. Would you beat her? Yes, you probably would. But would I bitch if I lost? No, because it's what I would have expected. I didn't want to spar to throw my ego around..I wanted to spar, to have a good RP with somebody. Is that so wrong to ask?]]

Concordia Attica
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Excaliburnus on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 am

LOL. Man, I hate this site and it's conceited players.
Just listen to it, a voice so true inside calling to pick you up and march you on.
Keep from falling, let go your sorrow, sun will shine, this I promise rising tommorow.
Hear me now, I'm taking back the control of my life from societies hold.
I vow, no more will I be a slave, rise to challenge the whole human race.
My spirit you cannot break.

Excaliburnus
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!