Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Otherworld Outcasts [Additional Information]

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Otherworld Outcasts [Additional Information]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StealFire on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:26 pm

Additional Information for Otherworld Outcasts

OOC - otherworld-outcasts-t32426.html

Merlot's Menu

Specialty Drinks:

• Witch's Brew
      -A bubbling and foaming drink that smells intoxicating, but seems to be giving off a strange glow.

• Faerie Glen
      -A pearly green drink that sparkles a little. All non-fairies should watch out, this drink may have strange side effects.

• Crone's Wisdom
      -A powerful whiskey with a purple tint.

• Cerridwen Wine
      -A lovely wine with a hint of oak and blackberry, may cause temporary clairvoyance.

• The Green Faerie
      -This drink is known as Absinthe in the human world. Causes hallucinations.

• Melot's Special
      -A drink that turns the drinker into a random animal.

Food:

• Pixie Burger
      -A grilled patty on an Irish bun, topped with a special pixie sauce. (Sauce not made with actual pixies.)

• Strange Spaghetti
      -The noodles are purple, but it looks and smells just like spaghetti! Sort of...

• Goblin Surprise
      -It looks like soup, but I'm not sure. A favorite among goblins.

• Mystery Meatloaf
      -It's definitely meat... I think.

/-----------------/

The Dos & Don'ts of Bar-Fights

1.Do: fight dirty. Really, really dirty.

2.Do: get drunk and act stupid. Bars are supposed to be like that.

3.Do: enjoy yourself. It's perfectly fine to like fighting.

4.Do: take it outside if you want to brawl.

+++

1.Don't: get too carried away. It's obnoxious after a while.

2.Don't: disturb uninvolved patrons or destroy bar property.

3.Don't: bother the staff.

Good Fight: “Lucy turns to see who threw their drink at her, while she was quietly minding her own business. She is infuriated when she sees the nonchalant smirk of the pea-brain who had the nerve to douse her with beer. She smacks her attacker across the face with a dead frog named Mimi. A horrid battle ensues.”

This is an acceptable fight. First of all, by spilling his drink on her, Lucy’s attacker invited but did not force her to fight him. Even though it is spontaneous and weird, it does not necessarily disturb or harm anyone and is therefore a good form of bar-fighting.

Bad Fight: “Mike drinks too much of his Green Faerie and begins to hallucinate. He thinks Steve is an evil ogre and claws him to death.”

This is a very bad way to start a fight. Though it may not seem that different from the “Good Fight”, Mike has broken the rules. He not only did something obnoxious like use hallucinations to start a fight, but he also clawed the poor, unsuspecting Steve-character to death. That is very rude. Politeness is a virtue even in bar-fighting. This fight would receive a warning from me for poor post quality.

/-----------------/

Writing Standards for Participants

Must Read

This roleplay is for intermediate to advanced roleplayers only. 1 year of writing experience and a partial high school education are minimal.

All participants must be able to write multi-paragraph responses with ease, incorporate figurative language, write originally and creatively, and use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation all or most of the time. Participants will be expected to think outside of the box and to post relatively frequently.

If any participant fails to meet these requirements, or must be warned about poor post quality more than 3 times, he/she will be asked to leave via PM. If you're unsure in your ability to meet these standards then please do not join.

Thank you for reading. I sincerely apologize for this incredibly long intro to the roleplay. I just like to be thorough.

/-----------------/

Advanced Setting information

Merlot's Bar is an almost insignificant building settled deep within the city. The windows are dusty, the bricks are worn, and an acid-green neon sign displays the bar's name. It's a bit bigger than most bars in both height and size to accommodate it’s unusually large guests.

Double doors lead the way into the dimly-lit interior that often feels stuffy and old. It is night time and crowded. We are in late October and there are two days until the full moon. Patrons entering and leaving the bar can see their breath in the chilly night air. Light snow is falling, but it melts before collecting on the ground.
"If 13 is unlucky then 12 and 14 should be guilty by association."

“If it doesn't work, at least it will be an interesting train wreck.”

"I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

((Guess which people said/wrote the quotes above and I'll give you a cookie.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StealFire
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!