Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

RP restart

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

RP restart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:50 pm

This is a restart of a roleplay I tried to get going a while ago. I have tweaked it slightly and want to see what people think before posting it in the OOC section of the forum, so I have some feedback and know what I could do to make it more appealing to people.

WARTORN

The world is in chaos, but then it has been for as long as anyone can remember. The reason for the war between the two different superpowers has been long forgotten, but it rages on. Attempts have been made to find peace, but all have failed. Even when a peace treaty has been signed, within the next few months the war would start all over again. The people of the world were too used to war; if there was no war, they reasoned, then what was their purpose in life? So the battle continued. Both sides were strong, but neither any more so than the other. When two powers, which were unequal in terms of strength, go to war, it usually ends after twenty years or so. But this war is too evenly matched, and it seems none can stop it. At times it seems none want to, but this is not so. There are always groups of people seeking peace, although it is almost impossible they will get it.

Some of those who want peace are simply tired of the fighting; many have lost friends and family in the violence. Others are the wives of men fighting in the war, sick with fear that their husbands will never come home again. They hold many non-violent protests. They are ignored. In a world of violence, nothing else grabs peoples attention. Even away from the frontlines, fights break out. No one does anything to stop them, the fights are seen as good entertainment. Often a barkeeper would pay two men to start fighting, or only pay whichever one was the victor. Even without these bribes fights would start anyway, the bribes were simply an excuse to start fighting even more quickly than they would have if they had been waiting for some accidental physical contact, a misplaced word perhaps, using these also as excuses to being a fight.

As it becomes apparent from the fights I speak of above, there are those who love the violence. They are the majority; and this is why the war always restarts when peace treaties are reached. The bulk of both sides both want the violence to continue, and so when the peace treaties are made they will make up any reason they can think of to convince their ruling government to abolish the peace agreement. Around a third of the government of one side, The Olkun’ut, and around the same from the opposing side, The Kerait. Those people supported these appeals and eventually one side or the other abolished the peace agreement.

But there is a third nation. Or at least there was. This nation had the misfortune to be in between The Olkun’ut and The Kerait. In the bloody conflicts they were imprisoned. Those who were useful were made to help the side they had been captured by, those who were not had been killed. The two sides had no place for those who were of no use, and who were also not their own.

Some of this nation still survives, although it is a nation no longer. They are wanderers, herdsmen. They have no nation to whom they owe allegiance. They are now left alone for the most part, but they still remember the horrors of the attacks on them in an attempt to get to the real enemy, from both directions. Some wanted revenge, some wish to be left in peace.

Now a group of Kerait are approaching the Olkun'ut. But this time things are different. One has come to the throne who is against the war, one who wants its end. And he has decided that this time, to make things different, the two convoys will not be meeting on neutral ground, no. He is sending a group of only six people. Two expert diplomats, and three of the finest warriors in the land of the Kerait. These warriors however, have trained from birth and have no love for war, despite being around it all their lives. In fact, it is because they have been around it so long they hate it. They want peace, and they know the best way to get it is to protect the two diplomats.

The Kerait leader hopes that sending only five men will show trust. He only hopes that this trust will be well recieved, and will finally bring peace among the Kerait and Olkun'ut. He also knows that if this peace does come, many will rebel against it, but then it would never be easy to pull the nations from eternal war. He would just have to hope he would win through in the end.

The two Nations are tearing each other apart. If there is no end to the violence, it lies in one thing for both sides. Complete and utter Destruction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below are the two main roles that can be fulfilled, although if you want a different one please tell me. I will either play a Diplomat or one of the two leaders of the Kerait and Olkun'ut, most probably the Okun'ut leader. I would like then, for someone else to volunteer for the leader of the Kerait.

Diplomat:
You will be one of the two expert diplomats, who will be trying to find peace with the Olkun'ut. I qwould quite like a Olkun'ut diplomat also, to even things out a bit.

Warrior:
As the name suggests, if you take up this role you are one of the warriors protecting the two diplomats sent to the Olkun'ut in search of peace.

Also, you are allowed to take on a MINOR role as a member of the old third nation who now lives alone or with a very few others. Also you could play a minor role as a civilian living in either the Olkun'ut or Kerait nation. These would be small parts to your posts, just to give a general roundness to the roleplay. I will fulfil one of these roles, although I am still deciding which one exactly.

The Kerait:
This nation is a nation that is completely and utterly sold out to the war; the group of protestors is extremely small. Even though they protest against the war, around a third of this group are violent protestors. It has been mainly the Kerait that have broken any peace treaties between the two countries; although the Olkun'ut also break some of the treaties, and would do everytime if the Kerait did not beat them to it. The whole nation is covered in training compounds, and the living quarters are squeezed in between them. They are small and run down for the most part, but many of them are empty. The ones who live there are women, children, the disabled, the old and then the young men who are being trained in the art of warfare. All able bodied men are fighting in the war; their absence would seem strange to an outsider but in the nation of the Kerait it is normal. The only reason the Kerait has not been victorious is because although almost everyone is geared for war, they are a smaller nation.

The Olkun'ut:
There are those of the Olkun'ut who are against the war, a much larger group than the one in the Kerait. They are for the most part non-violent protestors, although some are extremists who believe that "violence should be used to end violence". for this reason many of the men do not leave for war, refusing as they wish for there to be peace. The living conditions are slightly better in the Olkun'ut nation; although there are training compounds by the dozen there is still plenty of room for the houses, as the Olkun'ut owns more land, and is an altogether bigger nation. If it were not for this larger population they would have fallen to the Kerait long ago, as their nation is less pleased with the ongoing war. It is usually the Olkun'ut who make the peace treaties come into existence, although they also sometimes abolish those treaties.

Character sheet format:

Name:
Nation:
Class:
History(Optional*):
Weapons+:
Personality:

*=If you do not write a short history, then I would like you to make sure it comes out in the roleplay. If you can't do that, please write a history. If you can, great.

+=Only Warriors and the leaders of the two nations should have any major weapons, other could have a small dagger or something but nothing major like a broadsword. The weapons are all medival style, no guns only swords and the other weapons used at those times.

Also, I will not be writing a character sheet due to the fact that I despise them. I will be bringing out the personality and appearance and so on throughout the roleplay, the appearance mainly in the first post, the rest throughout the rest of the roleplay.
"Humanity is far too concerned with the meaning of life and not nearly concerned enough about the experience of it."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: RP restart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:58 am

Well, it appears no one is going to post...

I do not mind if it is a post saying you do not like the plot, any critisism is welcome in fact. I want everyones views so I can keep edting the plot for this roleplay slightly until I get something that people will enjoy. I have seen that I have been given a five star rating on my first post so far, but whoever made that rating hasn't posted. I would appreciate them posting, even if they are too busy to join at this moment in time what you like about the roleplay would be good to know, and what you don't like, so I can make sure my roleplays in future will appeal to a wide range of people.

I have posted in OOC, so I will see how thats goes but I would really like some good constructive feedback on this roleplay.

Thanks in advance

WW

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!