Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Guardian - Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Guardian - Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phouse512 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:09 pm

So, I was wondering, do any of you know that movie? The Guardian?

In case you didn't, here is the basic plot (spoilers alert):

At the beginning, a veteran U.S. Coast Guard diver is trying to rescue people from a drowning boat, when his helicopter goes down, killing his best friend, that was in the helicopter. He takes off for a year or so, and begins teach a U.S. Coast Guard diver's class. One of the main characters, Ashton Klutcher, could have a scholarship to college for swimming, but comes here instead, for a reason, he and his buddies were driving one day, when they crashed, and all of them died, except for him, and it his dream to become a Coast Guard diver. He is probably the best student there, but makes stupid mistakes, such as being late to class, because of a 'sleepover', at his new girlfriend's house. Usually, most people would've been kicked from the school, but the veteran believes in him, and Ashton graduates. One day, Ashton is called out to rescue four fisherman, in the night. As he gets three fisherman out, he realizes the fourth is stuck, and he won't leave without him. The helicopter runs out of fuel, and he is stuck there, and as the teacher/diver is leaving, since he retired, but hears the announcement of a new helicopter, and no other divers are on duty, so he volunteers to go. As they are above the boat, he jumps into the water, and tries to help the fisherman get untangled, but he and Ashton realize that the boat is gone, so they sadly begin to climb the rope, as the fisherman dies. As they get closer, the teacher sees that the rope is fraying, and one of them will have to die. He tells Ashton to cut the rope, and to drop him into the ocean, but Ashton refuses, but eventually does, and he falls into the ocean, never to be seen again.

That's basically the gist of the entire movie, so, what I want to do, is to continue on after what happens after their best diver dies, and Ashton tries to move on, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try that.

(19:04:57) Surreal: I'm not STOOOOPIT!
(19:05:03) Surreal: >>
(19:05:09) Surreal: I'm just not very smart

Image <-Click it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phouse512
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!