Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lands of Abela (OOC+sign ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Lands of Abela (OOC+sign ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:18 pm

The Lands of Abela

The lands of Abela had long been ruled over by the Seithu family. There were revered far and wide by many, well known for their kindness. They had ruled for many years, the throne rarely changing. As they were elves, they were immortal, and the throne only changed once every five hundred years. Not because the old monarch had died, but because the chance was seen as positive, as the natural course of life. The prince who is soon to become king, Ryther, unfortunately does not have the same characteristics as the rest of his family.

He is dark minded, unable to control his emotions. His anger often gets the better of him, and when it does, as some of the rumours in Abela say, people have been killed. This has all been covered up, and very few people take those rumours seriously, to the relief of the Seithu family. When he became king at last, a change seemed to come over the lands almost immediately. No longer did the Abela family hold onto its glowing reputation. The lands became full of thieves; even the plants and animals seemed less cheerful somehow. But the change was so slow, over a hundred years or more, that no one noticed until it was too late. Now the misery is accepted as the norm, fear the average feeling. But soon something could happen that would remind the people of Abela what once was. Something that could cause them to rebel against Ryther. He has learnt of this, and now wants the man who could cause this to happen killed. He has stressed to the men he has assigned this task not to get close when they kill him, so that they could not hear him speak.

This man is in fact from the Seithu family. He is Ryther's brother, fifty-three years his junior. He remembers what once was, and he wishes for it to happen once more. So he is trying to reach as many people as possible, to remind people of what once was, and of what could come to pass again. When he hears of the men that Ryther has sent out, a plan begins to form in his mind. A plan that could make his quest several hundred years shorter. At least, if he lives that long.

Needed information

Weaponry: Medival, swords and shields etc. No guns, cannons etc.
Ryther has been at the throne for one hundred and forty six years when the roleplay starts. Most people accept his rule and have forgotten what once was, but a few remember. Those that do remember however are too frightened to speak out
Magic: I haven't decided whether or not to allow magic yet, so if you want to use magic please explain how this magic works in detail so I can decide.

Additional information

The below is some more information that will be useful to you during the roleplay. It isn't necessarily crucial if you don't feel the need to read what follows (or can't be bothered) But it will help you with the rest of the roleplay (if you skip this part begin reading again at the rules section)

Description of Abela

The lands of Abela are mainly made up of lakes and rivers, surrounded by Forest. To the North there is a large mountain range. No one has managed to reach the top yet, as the air appears to get thinner the higher you go. At its base mountains cover it, thick with game. Very little of the game is killed as the elves do not eat meat. The game that is killed is killed by the small population of humans and dwarves that live in Abela. To the West the forests continue, reaching out to the coast. As you head south, the forests give way to grassland and the rivers running through the forest end, leaving an area in which water is precious and highly priced. To the East, lakes and rivers crisscross the area, turning it into a large area of marshland

The Seithu Family

The Seithu family are ancient, one of the first to arrive in Abela. When there were only a very small amount of people in Abela, all elves at that time, they siezed command and began ruling over others. They did not do this because they wanted power, but simply because no one else was and the need for a ruler was large. If they had not had a ruler the lands would not function anywhere near as well as they did during their rule, until Ryther came to the throne

Abelas Condition

The roads are dangerous in Abela, no one travels alone, or if they do they will be lucky to make it to the next village with their life, nevermind their possessions and food. Often the supply wagons that bring food to all of Abela from the east, where the ground is fertile, are attacked, leaving wherever they were headed for without a proper supply of food. Because of this much of Abela is starving. Men who are greedy and quick to anger rise quickly in Ryther's courts, while the ones who used to be honoured, the kind and caring ones, are left at the bottom of the pile.

Rules

1) NO godmodding
2) NO one liners
3) when you sign up provide a link to at least one of your previous roleplays. I expect high quality posts from anyone who joins. That means spelling correct (I don't mind the odd mistake but fairly good), correct grammar and punctuation. Reread your post at least once to make sure it makes sense
4) If your going to be leaving the roleplay TELL ME, otherwise it will mess up the roleplay for everyone else
5) If you have a problem with another Rper please take it to the OOC, not the IC thread
6) no OOC in the IC thread, all OOC discussion should take place in the OOC thread

Character Sheet

I'll leave it up to you for the format of your character sheet, but make sure it is detailed.

I will play the role of Ryther, or his brother (yet to be named). You can play the role of one of Ryther's followers, the ones who are sent to kill his brother, someone who remembers what things were like before Ryther came to power and who joins Rythers brother, or Ryther/his brother depending on which one I choose to use.

I will not be making a character sheet as I prefer to bring out my character during the roleplay. If you have any questions please feel free to ask also. We will start when we have 5+ players, and the max is 10 people for now.
"Humanity is far too concerned with the meaning of life and not nearly concerned enough about the experience of it."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!