Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Pulse (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Pulse (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 pm

First off, I don't normally like to GM role plays, because I'm just a lazy bum and would rather not have to think too much. That being said, my idea is rather lazy and in disarray, so any contributing ideas would be gladly welcomed.

The Pulse is the highlight of every night in NYC. It is the hottest nightspot on the East Coast, but it goes far beyond an every day night club. This particular establishment has enough rooms to bunk at least 200 guests at a time and pool-sized jacuzzi right in the middle of the dance floor. Guests are encouraged to stay as long as they please, so long as they can afford the $200 per week fee.

Of course, since it also contains a bar, only ages 21 and up are permitted; however, kids manage to sneak in all the time undetected. Each guest room has a bath&shower, minibar, and full-sized bed with all of the furnishings. The dance floor is mostly dark, with flashing strobe lights and the like. There are booths lining every wall and a massive bar toward the back of the room. If you're looking for a good time, this is the place to be.

And that's basically it. Now for the part we've all been dreading: The Rules.

- This is generally a very open RP. Anyone and everyone may join, as long as your skills are up to par.
- By 'up to par', I mean at least Intermediate to Expert. I would like descriptive posts, and try to make them more than 5 sentences.
- Sex is permitted, but please don't get carried away. No one cares about the intricate details, and if you must include them, take it to PM.
- Swearing is permitted. I will not tolerate something like this: "F*cking awesome f*cking club, srsly this f*cking kicks f*cking a**!!" That is just ridiculous.
- I'm not incredibly picky with Bios, just please at least fill out the skeleton I have provided. If you would like to add more, that is completely up to you.
- Remember, grammar and spelling are your friends. Please know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.
- You may play as multiple characters if you wish, so long as you can handle them both.

And lastly, The Pulse is located in NYC, so drugs and crime are not so foreign to this place. Don't be afraid to embrace them!

Character Skeleton:

Name:
Physical Description: (you may use a photo)
Interests:
Turn ons/offs:
Additional information:

I will post mine once I see that people are taking interest. Let's hope we can get this bugger off the ground soon.
(12:17:45) RoxYRosE: And you did. Crim is not a liar... ask her if I said what you said I said. I bet she says what I think she'll say.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Pulse (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Name: Charlie Rae
Physical Description: Meduim height, curvy, your typical attractive big city bartender. She has curly, jet black hair that she wears just past her shoulders. Her skin is light brown as are her eyes. Full lips, slender nose, thick eyebrows and full of smiles.
Interests: Drinking and having fun.
Turn ons/offs: No specific turn ons but turn offs include serious relationships and bad tippers
Additional Information: She has been the bartender at The Pulse for the past 6 months and is pretty well known for her Mojitos. Has big plans of taking over the club when the owner retires. Maybe she'll start her own.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:59 pm

May I join?
Character Skeleton:
Name: Mandy Freeman
Physical Description: Mandy has bright red hair that goes down to her shoulders, but brown eyes that soften her appearance. She looks younger then she really is, because of her short height. She has a lipring, wears slight makeup, and a black t-shirt and jeans to the nightclub (she isn't one for fashion).
Interests: She loves to drink and smoke, and that has always caused her trouble. Mandy loves to dance and swim, and thas the main reason she came to The Pulse.
Turn ons/offs: Turn on is nice eyes, but a turn off is a 'know it all' and 'I think I'm better then anyone' attitude.
Additional information: She always carries her lighter in her back pocket, and a fake ID that really comes in handy. Mandy knows how to take care of herself, and she'll tell you to get out of her face- meaning it completly. Her parents only live a few blocks away from The Pulse, and she had been living with them, saving up money for college. They know nothing about her sneaking away to The Pulse, and spending her college money for a mini 'vacation'.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:09 pm

All right, I'm also going to ask if anyone interested in joining could PM me a sample of their work, and if you haven't RPed here yet, then just make something up. Be sure you send a standard of work that you plan on living up to throughout this story.

I need to know what to expect before I accept people. I apologize.

**Edit: Tanitanaw and Alice have been ACCEPTED.

Now I just need a few more people before I can start.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm

Name: Randle Gilmore
Physical Description: Randle as a very long and angular face, along with deep blue eyes and short red hair. His face rarely seems to vary from its usual rather stiff expression. His height is slightly above average height and fair muscle tone are not something to brag about. His usual outfit includes beret and a plaid coat and baggy pair of camouflage pants.
Interests: Gambling is his dominant hobby but dancing and violin are not very far behind.
Turn ons/offs: He is turned-on by any one who can manage to get giggle out of him but that is a difficult task, turn offs are religion, frauds, egotist and people who are afraid of commitment in a relation ship.
Additional information: He earned the reputation of a hypocrite, by giving advise which he himself should follow. Has come to the pulse looking for both a job and a good time. (you already know waht to expect form londen hotel but I will send a pm anyway)
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Accepted, albel. Maybe one or two more and we can start.

Name: Abel Mason
Physical Description: Abel has black hair that reaches to his shoulders, complimented by dark green eyes. He stands at about 6'1 and is of average build. Some would say he's rather scrawny, but he's demonstrated his strength on numerous occasions. He usually sports black jeans with a white t-shirt, and a simple pair of his work boots.
Interests: Smoking, drinking, playing any kind of sport, women.
Turn ons/offs: His biggest turn on is, in his own words, "a woman who knows her place". His biggest turn off would be someone who doesn't know how to have a good time.
Additional information: He is quite the ladies' man, and never ties himself down to just one woman.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!