Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Rise of the Dark Power: An Interest Check

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Rise of the Dark Power: An Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:54 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the depths of the castle a single room had been blockaded. A few men, including a scribe shivered in terror as they waited their untimely death. The scribe began to write one final piece in his journal, but with each word he was becoming more and more upset at the thought of dying, his words becoming rambled and his mind became lost. The last part of the page was drenched in his blood, but is the only page readable in the entire book.

My last entry:

Night was the end to another typical day in our large city, Taleaya. The castle which lies to the north of the city is seperated by heavy stone walls, and what was meant to help keep the castle secure actually made it an easier target than there ever was...

Guards spent all their time protecting the stone walls of whatever royalty that resides here, King or Queen no doubt. The large stone slabs seperated the castle from the scattered houses, paved walkways, and budding flower gardens of the noble district, and because of constant security from guards the wealthy and rich also found it was an added bonus of protection. Finally outside of the nobles district lay the very different commoner's place. With little guards, thievery, murder, and other crimes became an everyday part of life. A few made honest livings in the numerous shops scattered through out the cities, or farms outside the city gates, but not many did.

That night we in the castle lay our heads down to sleep, and instead of dreams came terror and blood. So...much...We fought! The guards, they fought! Hell, even some of the nobles and commoners fought Im sure! But we have lost...It is all lost...attacked for no reason, by creatures that are not human.

Orcs, and even worse, goblins. They came and somehow planned this invasion!! But how? How?!! Creatures like goblins have barely a brain at all, and orcs normally stray from the mindless annoyance of the disgusting things, so why would they attack us? Planned, the invasion it must have been...planned? But by who? Lead by who? Someone with power!! Someone who can control, but not by force. Yes force! Without force, there would be no way for control but...but then they must have been bribed. No! No! Force! No! Bribery? Trickey? The goblins, the orcs...they...they...the drums...they have began once more. It is the song of death they play and we are the instruments!!! Its so dark, the night, the fire....dead...dead!!! Here they are, they beat on the blockade and we all shiver in fear as our death knocks on the door! No more!! I shall be dead....they are coming....they are coming...

They are here...

You are cast into the battle. To be aproxomite, it is now around three in the morning, and instead of sleeping in your home or inn, your fighting to save your life. All around you, fires burn and the stench of death has never been so thick in the air. As you fight, you realize you must find some way out of the city, merely to save your own life. Wading through hordes of Orc's and Goblin's you continue to fight, and look down now and then to see your family, and your friends who havn't been as lucky as you. Are you a mere traveller, caught in the city at the wrong time? Or are you a citizen, stunned that in a single night a hundred years of work has been unraveled. Leave the city, and hunt down the ones who attacked you to find out what power could had strung the strange tides of monsters that besige you now, or simply get caught up in the action.

Alright then! Heya guys. Well, this was an idea I got randomly from the back of my brain, unfortunaely its not completely developed, nor do I have an entire storyline. What I need is basically some "Hey this sounds intresting!" or "This could be added," Or even, "You should fix this." And of course, "What if you changed the title to..." But most importantly, "There could be ____ for your story plot" Though the certainty of a roleplay based off my plot is unsure. So here guys, give your input and please if anyone can, help me finish the storyline or possible plot. Thanks :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!