Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Windows of Fate [Twilight based]

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

The Windows of Fate [Twilight based]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:53 am

It was late afternoon and all Felicia could manage to do was sit in the middle of her living room, controller in hand, and flip through channel after meaningless channel. What a waste of time! If it weren't for the fact that her father was actually home she could be outside doing something better with her life. But no! Instead she was just sitting here, probably gaining calories just from being so lazy. Ugg. Felicia wanted to kill both of her parents for making that stupid rule about everyone being home all weekend long. Talk about a drag, because this was the worst possible punishment. It would be better if her parents were in here talking, but nope! Her dad was in his office still working on something, and her mother was in the kitchen humming away, preparing dinner. At two o'clock in the afternoon. This felt like prison, and if there was ever a time that she wanted to escape more then ever it was now. But how to do it? Sure she had climbed out her window multiple times, but ever since she disappeared for awhile then her parents monitor her more closely.

Felicia let out a long sigh and then clicked the television off. She then got up from the comfortable position she was in and headed straight towards her room. Sure she could feel her mom's eyes boring into her back, but hey, it was nothing out of the ordinary. The woman was already peeved off at her, so why not add on to that anger? Once she went into her bedroom she immediately stepped over to her closet and turned on the light to see if she could find anything interesting to do. Normally on a weekend like this she would pick out her wardrobe for the entire week, but oh! Big surprise, she had already planned that out. She really was bored out of her mind. Her eyes scanned the many rows of shirts, and then pants, and then skirts, and then hats... the list went on and on. A smile crossed the brunette's face as soon as she saw an old baseball cap that her brother had given her, and with that she snatched at it and put it on her head sideways. After looking in the mirror and posing a few times she nodded her head. She could go play some ball! All it took was a few bangs with her bat and then some other people would come running. This was Forks, after all.

She dug through her closet until she found a pair of shorts and a bright pink t-shirt. After throwing them on she tied up her newest pair of running shoes and then headed straight towards her window. Her parents were pretty smart, but they made the mistake of not locking the thing so she couldn't escape. Come on, it's what she did! As soon as she jumped onto the grass Bruno was standing by her side, and the girl gave him a smile.

"Brunes, not this time. You're my cover." The girl walked around the side of her house until she came upon the storage shed, and after opening it as quietly as she could she grabbed for her bat and a baseball and then quickly started to jog off to the meadow that she used all too often. Felicia turned her head around and saw her dog heading towards her and had to stop and force the dog to stay put. After she backed up a few steps and he didn't move she turned and began to run once again. It didn't take her too long to reach the meadow. With a breath of relief escaping her lips she walked around the grassy place and was happy to see that the bases were still there. This was going to be fun. The brunette dropped the baseball and the bat in her hands and began to stretch. This place looked exactly the same. So green, so open... well, almost. There was a newly built house not too far away now, but hopefully whoever lived there was out for the day.

Once the brunette was done stretching she picked up the items that were on the ground, pushed her hat down a little bit, and looked up to the sky for good luck. A weird tradition of hers, especially since the sun was never out. Even today she was dressed like it should be 90 degrees outside and there were still a dreary patch of clouds over her head. Her hand pushed the ball straight up into the air, and with as much force as she could muster up she swung at it. After hearing a rather loud bang she looked up into the sky and saw her ball soaring straight towards the house. "No, no no no no!" The girl yelled as she began running towards the small cabin. This couldn't be happening, please miss! She was sprinting now, as fast as she could... but the ball was faster. Her heart nearly dropped into the pit of her stomach as she saw the small thing make contact with one of the windows. Shoot. She had never managed to break someone else's property before... this was bad. If more people had heard her playing what would she tell them? Felicia just stood there staring at the newly made hole in one of the lower windows with her jaw nearly dropped to the floor. As if her life couldn't get any more hectic...

Jump in!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Windows of Fate [Twilight based]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Morelle gazed idly at the ceiling of her room and listened to the baseball whistle closer and closer. Honestly, there was not much that she could do to stop it and she had been bored, stuck alone for hours in the house. Jonathan had left forever ago to hunt and she knew instinctively that it would be a long time before he returned.

The sound of the glass breaking gave her a thrilling little jolt. She floated to her feet slowly and then zipped blindingly down the stairs to retreave the baseball that had rolled to the foot of the staircase. From the ball's surface she identified the scent of grass, dirt, wood, dog, and... human.

Morelle's eyes slid closed and she inhaled deeply, appreciating the spice of the aroma. It hurt, true enough, but sometimes the burn was well worth it. Jonathan didn't often leave her alone around humans. Her inexperience in resisting made her too much of a danger. And yet, here a human girl had wandered into their meadow all on her own. Maybe it was a sign. Maybe she was stronger than Jonathan took her for.

And if not, well, she was only really avenging the poor window, right?

Carefully and at human speed, Morelle sauntered out of the house, slipping her coat over her shoulders as she went. Her hair, thick, inky black, and waist-length, hung loose about her, framing her sculpted features well enough. Her eyes were a deep, muddy yellowish color, the result of a slip-up a few weeks before. Her gaze zeroed in on the girl not far away. She looked about no older than the Morelle's physical age and about as pretty. The wind was in the girl's favor, blowing her scent away from the thirsty vampire. A baseball bat hung limply from her hand.

Morelle held up the baseball. "You broke my house," she accused softly and without any heat at all. "That was rude of you. My brother'll be angry."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:59 am

The cracking and splitting of glass pierced her ears, and with that she stopped dead in her tracks. How in the world had she managed to hit it that hard? She wasn't strong, and most of the time she was horrible when it came to sports. It sickened her to look at the hole that she had pierced into the new home, and as much as she wanted to run away a guilty conscious was nagging at her to go and knock on the door. If she was lucky then no one would be home and she could just turn around and run in the opposite direction. Quietly of course, because to be seen at the scene of the crime is just as bad as getting caught to begin with. Oh god.

Felicia had always been a rebellious one, but she had never gone as far as breaking something or destroying private property, until now. What had she been thinking? It was foolish of her to believe that the house would be safely out of range. The brunette's heart was racing as she continued to stare at the shattered window, all the while the fear inside of her was about to hit it's peak. There was nothing she could do to fix it, no matter how much she wanted to, and any minute now she was expecting some raging father to come storming out of the house with a gun in hand. Alright, so that wasn't the best thing to be thinking about because now her eyes struggled to look from window to window, door to door, and yet she had seen no movement.

Phew. As her pulse headed on it's way downwards she got the nerve to take a step towards the front door but then a voice stopped her cold. She turned slowly towards the noise with a horrified look still on her face but was rather surprised to see someone around her age. Not that that was a bad thing though, she would rather deal with her. However, what she had said was not the best news. Nonetheless, it was better than dealing with angry parents.

"S-sorry! I don't know how it happened. First it was in the air, and then it crashed into the window. I mean, yea, my swing was hard, but-but... Look. ," she took a deep breath, not looking at the goddess in front of her, "I hit the ball too hard. Please let me pay for a new window to replace it."

Felicia was stuttering uncontrollably. Maybe it was the presence of someone so unhumanly beautiful-even if it was a woman. Or maybe she was just shocked. The house had never been there, or at least she hadn't thought...

"I've never seen you around before, and this house is definitely new. Or I think it is, I haven't been out here in awhile. Oh, and about your brother, should I be worried?" She asked gently, looking up at the beautiful goddess with a hint of jealousy in her eyes. Slowly and cautiously, Felicia tried to engage in coversation. Plus if she was going to continue to play in this field she would need to make friends with whoever it is that owned the house. Huh. Her eyes lingered towards the shattered window again only for a moment, in fear that the conversation would steer back to the damage that she had caused. That was definitely the last thing she wanted to talk about considering she had been caught. She wondered how much that baby was going to cost her? She would probably be working for ages to pay that off.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 pm

"Oh, maybe angry is too strong of a word. Jonathan will be annoyed that more people will have to come and fix the window. Honestly, he's a bore. No need to be worried about him," Morelle more hummed than said. 'There is more need to be worried about me, isn't there,' she thought and then chuckled a little at the thought. Closer and closer she drifted until she was close enough to hold out the ball for the girl to take. She breathed deeply, since Jonathan was not around to scold her, gave a little smile, and recited their coverstory.

"I'm Morelle. My brother Jonathan and I just had this house bult a few weeks ago and we moved in the day before yesterday." Even as she spoke, the scent of the girl's blood, something like the ocean, but spicier, transfixed her. Before she could stop it, the venom began to pool in her mouth. She swallowed, wanting to put out the fierce burn in her but it was no use. Of course, the one sure fire way to make the cool would be to--

"We've talked about this, Morelle." The words were quick and soft enough that the girl across from her would be oblivious to them. Morelle frowned and glanced toward the trees from which Jonathan's voice had issued.

"I wouldn't have done anything." she answered, her lips hardly moving.

"You're lying."

"Go away and find out."

Jonathan laughed softly and began thrashing through the bushes, making as much noise as humanly possible-- as vampirically possible, rather. Morelle almost wanted to laugh back at his clumsy human act. Instead she winked at the still unnamed girl and nodded toward the noise. Jonathan emerged just a moment later, his cropped blond hair filled with leaf-litter and debris. "'Speak of the devil and he may appear'" she quoted. "That's Jonathan. And your name?"

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayden W. on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 am

"Oh, okay. Well, I can just pay for it if you want..." Felicia offered. It was the least she could do, afterall, she did break someone else's window. A big window. She really felt bad about it, but then realized, if she hadn't hit the ball so hard that it crashed into a window, she would've never met this girl. She seemed nice, until she approached and Felicia got a closer look.

She quickly grabbed the ball, as it was precious to her. She had had it for years, since she was 3 years old. My ball, she would say. She hadn't said that in years, but that was exactly what she thought when she grabbed it. A smile danced on her lips. Felicia looked up at Morelle, and saw her eyes.

"Thanks."

They looked hungry. Felicia felt like she had just shrunk a million times, and Morelle grew. She suddenly felt helpless, but forced herself to keep a straight face. What was going on? She felt a bit afraid, but deep down inside, she didn't believe the girl would harm her. Not really.

Mercifully, she was saved by the coming of Jonathan, her brother, as she had said. And he was even more beautiful. The beauty just kept on intensifying. She wondered about their parents. They must've been like, superhuman models or something. She smiled at her little joke.

"Oh, so you live alone? Aren't you a little young? You two don't look more than 19... And I'm Felicia... Or Licia. It's up to you, I suppose." She flashed what she hoped to be a dazzling smile at Jonathan, "Hi. Having fun in the woods?" He was just so gorgeous to look at. It almost took her breath away... almost. As hard as she tried, too, she couldn't help glancing back at him every few seconds.

Jayden W.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 am

Jonathan smiled and nodded courteously at Felicia, but his focus was trained on Morelle. She had been with him now only for five years, quite a short period of time for thier kind. It had only been five years that she had begun to abstain from humans and her resolve was constantly flucuating. Some days and months she was absolutely dedicated to her diet, but then out of the blue there would come a time when she would almost strive to "slip up". He did not want her next slip up to force them to have to move.

Again.

Almost silently, a warning growl issued from his chest as he crossed to the two of them. Morelle took the hint and stepped back obediantly. "Hi," he said to Felicia once he was close enough. As always, he was very conscious of where he stood. If he needed to, he would be able to knock Morelle out of a lunge. "I was just exploring. We've got more land than we can deal with, actually. It's an inheritance from our parents. They wanted me to take care of my kid sister, so..." He shrugged casually. "Here we are."

Now that he was closer, he more than a bit intruiged by this Felicia. She had a very unique scent, the likes of which he had never exerienced before. It was enticing, more so than usual. How odd.

"What abot you? Do you live in Forks? ... And what hapened to the window." Automatically, his accusing glance went toward Morelle. She was a good kid, but she liked causing trouble.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!