Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

True RPG

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

True RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 pm

I hope this was the right place to post this.... :?

This is one of my old forum games, very complex. Well if you're looking for something simple, look else where.

The game works like this, everyone votes on a choice or the character we'll be using (in the beginning). I create a story revolving the character. Within the story you get to choose what the character does (it's a vote, majority rules). Your variety of choices are based on your skills and class you pick.

-------------------------------------------

Things to keep in mind....

This is a group game, not for individuals, everything that happens is a vote, patience.

This is my game, do not steal it or I will be very crossed with you.

Only I make the story and give you choices. FYI your choices are given to you based on your character and his/her abilities.

Let's get started then, shall we?

Skills:

Necromancy- Forbidden of mages but not for you, curses and summons coming your way!

Illusion- Trick a trickster, turn invisible, or even blind a man!

Mysticism- Telekineses never fails and soul trapping is a nifty trick.

Restoration- Create resistances to attacks and heal your wounds or diseases....

Alteration- Levitate and create shields to both fly and defend yourself from attacks, and you can even breathe water!

Destruction- Boom! Ice, fire, and electrical mayhem!

Athletics- Run like the wind!

Acrobatics- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a crazy man jumping from roof to roof....

Duel Wielding- Two bloody blades are so much better than one....

Marksmen- Bow and arrow....in the head that is.

Sneak- Pickpocket the rich, and kill the beggars quietly.

Axe- Sharp, round, and able to cut through bone!

Blade- Steel, cold steel…unless it has recently struck warm blood.

Speechcraft- Well aren't you a charmer?

Classes

Thief- Stealing is your art but in exchange you're not much of a fighter.

Mage- Bulging muscles aren't your thing, but glowing hands are! Ooo, shiny!

Crusader- Fighter of the God(s) and wielder of the blade.

Assassin- Killer by day and by night, no surprises there....

Mercenary- Buy em, kill em, fear em.

Races

Gronglins- Short, stout, fat, and powerful! They are usually found in mines, arenas with axes and getting drunk…not very intelligent. Hated by Totilions.

Totilions- Lizards, very sneaky bunch. But intelligent. Some are mercenaries, some are assassins, and even more are thieves….Hated by humans.

Human- The most found race of them of…imperialistic in nature and pretty proud of it. Luckily because of the number of humans around the other races don’t pick fights with them so much….hated by all races.

Limits

You may pick 5 skills and one class. You may also pick a gender and a race.

There is a lot to this game, but give it a try!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Theorize
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: True RPG

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby poloitos on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:51 pm

Mysticism, alteration, and speach craft.
Mage.
Human.
I'm not being really picky about the gender, but in this case since he has speach craft, I think A male would be rather interesting. Just my opinion of course.

I hope this gets started, It seemed Super interesting to me.
Thinking of you where ever you are,
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.
Now I will step forward and realise this wish.
And who knows? Starting a new journey may not be so hard,Or maybe it's already begun.
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky.
One Sky, One Destiney.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

poloitos
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:54 pm

((OOC: Welcome to RoleplayGateway =D. I should inform you though, next time, you might want to start in the 'OOC' section, and get applications and participants there (Mark your thread with [Interest] in the title). But for the roleplay itself, this is a fine place.

Very interesting though. Do you need a name or such? If so, I added it in.

Name: Ralph Skylock
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: Assassin
Skills: Blade, Destruction, Speechcraft, Alteration, and Restoration. ))
This is all we've got now
Scream until your heart stops
Never gonna regret
Watching every sunset
We'll listen for your heartbeat
| Scream your heart out. |

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 pm

This might be interesting! I'm game.

Skills:
1. Illusion
2. Mysticism
3. Alteration
4. Sneak
5. Speechcraft

Class: Thief

Race: Totilion

I hope that's what you're looking for. If you need a character skeleton that's more detailed, just let me know. I'm not picky about gender either, so if you need a female, I'd be glad to change.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:12 am

Nope details are details. The goal of the game is to get past the character and get driven by the story.

Sorry, but I do not use any names for the character. I simply refer to it as "You". Makes it easier for me.

I tried to include a piece from everyone to create the character. But wherever there was majority i put it in.

Just another FYI, just because you are an assassin, does not restrict you from joining the mages guild or something.

Race: Human

Class: Assassin

Skills: Mysticism, Alteration, Speechcraft, Blade, Sneak.

Let's get started....

You stand at Hutin, a city of sales and tales. The Arena, Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, even the rumored Thieves guild and Dark Brotherhood are to exist here.

1. Head to the Arena!

2. Fighters Guild.

3. Mages Guild....?

4. Approach a cloaked man...

5. Leave Hutin.

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:30 am

I'd go for 4 (Approach a cloaked man), even if it seems a bit risky. And if it is, we could just use Speechcraft or Alteration, to persuade or force him to stop, respectivly.

One vote for choice four.

Btw, I think there's something quite similiar to this, called 'Storytelling'...? I havn't been a storyteller before, so I'm not really sure.

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:46 am

I vote approaching the cloaked man as well. Just seems interesting!

One vote for choice four: Approach a cloaked man.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 am

Never been a story teller.....so I wouldn't know.

As you walk to the man he hands you a note. Scribbled writing.

"Kill a man, join our family. He's east of this place...in his farmhouse. Kill him as you see fit and the next time you sleep I will find you."

The man then...disappears. The slip of paper left in your hand.

1. Let's killem!

2. Rip up paper.

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am

Let's go for choice one (Let's killem!) >=D. And if we don't, he's going to kill us in our sleep D=

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:15 pm

Rip up the paper! If a piece of paper told you to jump off a bridge, WOULD YOU DO IT?

o_o

Choice 2: Rip up the paper!

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

You decide to kill the man, innocent or not. As you head out of town the bustling noise ends, a band of bandits approach you as you stand still in fear.

"Pay or die...." one of them states. They all flourish their blades of steel.

1. Fight

2. Pay

3. Walk off

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:13 pm

2. Fight

You killed a man already, so why not!

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:27 pm

You draw your blade as the men surround you. Two in front and two in back. You hear running from behind and as you turn your blade meets a bandits. The sound of metal crushing in your ear drums.

"Big mistake"

Another bandits kicks you, sending you to the ground.

1. Get up

2. Attempt to throw a bandit with telekinesis.

3. Create shield

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:10 pm

I'd choose choice two, but 'attempt' isn't so assuring. But what the hell, let's go for it.

Choice Two

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:28 pm

You drop you blade and focus...focus on the bandit rushing toward you. Suddenly the bandit is lifted from the ground as you raise your hand high. The other bandits are fozen, struck by fear. You throw your arm to another bandit sending the two to collide. Two skulls crack, two bandits dead. The bandits look down, seeing their mangled brothers. Then the look to you as you stand.

"Die....you insolent pest!"

The remaining two bandits ruish toward you, agression flowing in their viens.

1. Telekineses them too!

2. ready your blade

3. Shield time...

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:46 am

2. Ready your blade.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:39 pm

You slash one bandit in the gut, sending his liver landing in the other bandit's face. You then stab the bandit in the eye as he crashes to the ground in pain.

"Please...let me live" he cries.

1. Finish him

3. Continue to the farmhouse.

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nils on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 am

Um, I should have asked this in the beginning, but I was hoping that the answers would be unveiled as this RPG went on. The question is--we, as the players, don't actually do any writing, do we? Are we fleshing out the plot so we can go back and write it by playing our characters, or what?

Other than that...

2. Continue to the farmhouse.

Nils
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Theorize on Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:08 am

I explained how the game works. You control the character, I write the story of your actions. FYI Once the character dies (he may live forever) I update the game in some way.

You approach the farmhouse. Moss grows on the door, vegetables on the right side of the house on very fertile land. You look through a window and see your target, he's scared. Crying in the corner, awaiting for his death, sweet death. He does not see you.

1. Go through door.

2. Go through window.

Theorize
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:43 am

((Is it too late for me to jump in this? I love this kind of thing. If it is, I'll just read it as you write it...))

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!