Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

An introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Pilgrim on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello,

I've gone simply by red since I started using this char about 2 years ago so feel free to call me by that. I've been rping for 4 years and started with the pencil-notebook method in my World History class. I've been online for 3 years at which point I started using a very underdeveloped Red Pilgrim.

My interests include watching sci-fi (specifically Star Trek- TOS, both Stargates, and Battlestar Gallactica), phyiscs, and video games mainly FPS games although I'll play any genre except for sports. My passions include Jesus Christ and listening to music. The main genre I listen to is metalcore. I like bands along the lines of All Shall Perish, All That Remains, Between the Buried and Me, etc. While I typically listen to metal my musical tastes reach completely across the musical spectrum. I like music from deathcore to classical to ska to nearly any other genre you can think of with the exception of anything rap or rapcore (sorry Korn fanboys).

From what I can tell so far rps on this site are done with one character who you stick with until they die I suppose. If that's true then I'd be more than pleased as that's how I like rp forums. If not please tell me how it works. I'm not really big on the whole Gundam Wing theme (although it is my favorite show ever besides 24) but I needed a predominantly sci-fi rp forum. "Beggers can't be choosers", right? Anyways, I look foward to roleplaying with you all. Basic information will be greatly appreciated and I will do my own research around the site as well.

Till our paths intertwine,

RP
Red is supreme.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red Pilgrim
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HAL on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Good point.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HAL
Member for 19 years
Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Welcome to GWing, Red. Excuse HAL, he's the resident AI.

As far as forum RPs go, it's free-form. If you want to use one character, go for it, but we allow the use of multiple characters so long as it's not to a massive advantage to the player.

Similarly, I'm an aspiring writer myself. I tend to stick to Modern or SciFi, though there is a piece that I've been working on as of recent that is more Fantasy.

Any questions, feel free to ask, well, anyone. You'll find most of the users are just as happy to help as the staff.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Pilgrim on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:56 pm

Nice to meet you.

I gathered as much about HAL. Seems he's the butt of most jokes on here.

Anyways, this post is in regards to the clans. What exactly are they for? I read that the original purpose was to enhance the writing skills of its members but it seems that is no longer their purpose. What exactly are they now?

EDIT: It seems I accidentally clicked on "save as draft" when trying to submit. Information as to what exactly that does wouild be helpful too, haha.

Red Pilgrim
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:13 pm

Save as Draft, I think saves the copy to GWing for later use, if you want it saved but not posted. I think. Not a feature I use much, myself.

The clans, for the time being, have died down. Their most recent intent was to give a private forum to IC groups, allowing them to plot and toil without being dropped in on.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Welcome to Gwing Red Pilgrim.

My name is Gabriel, and as Zehlir already addressed, should you have any questions feel free to ask.

I just wanted to add that Gundam Wing maybe (used to be) the main focus of our RP here, it seems that most of our action has actually shifted to the Fantasy forum.

And just because my name says Gabriel Faile, doesn't mean he is the only character that I play. I also play Dav, Charles, Freedom, Carrick, Gomez, etc. So feel free to use other names under the same profile.

Cheers.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!