Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

An Epic of my very own -Mr Hyde

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

An Epic of my very own -Mr Hyde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 am

Ok, first of I'll lay down the fact that I've been thinking of this since forth grade, and as such a decent bit of planning has gone into it, and while I am now thinking of it more actively, it still has a ways to go, and the start of my school is looming close overhead, as such regardless of people's reaction this RP will not be started for at least a month. This is most of the info I have on it, and much of it is still in the drafting stages. It will be a four part RP, incorporating just about everything , with romance being acceptable.

Overall Storyline:

This RP takes place over three chapters. In the first chapter, you are a human defender, or nearly any race of slaver/rebel attacker. The human village will fall, as it is relatively small, and unprepared for such an assault, along with receiving little to no warning. The actual RP will start a day or two before this, giving the characters time to click with one another, and get a bit comfortable with each other. Relationships are fine, but if you wanna get intimate, keep it all in PMā€™s, even if you do PM it to all of us, just to stay on the safe side. Chapter one ends as the group is brought to Portal, and taken off to the world of Brakir, and the great Citadel HellGrind.

The next chapter will be our characters time as slaves. This will be considerably longer than chapter one, and once we get into the flow of things the entire RP will skip ahead to seven years later, during which time we have all been carrying out our mundane tasks as slaves, slavers, or Rebels. At the start of this chapter many new players can join in, as they can throughout the entire second and third chapter.

The third chapter is the breakout. During this time all the Rebel and Slave characters will group up, and escape from HellGrind. After the actual escape I am still thinking of what to do next, as there will be an attempt to free the rest of the prisoners, yet this may come soon after, or many years after, in which case we would do a time skip, allowing new players to come in, and some to leave if they needed to.

Chapter 1: The Good Old Days.

Once upon a time life was easy. Once upon a time you had a family that loved you and friends all around you. Once upon a time you didnā€™t know what words like fear, pain, and hunger really meant. Once upon a time you knew only children believed in monsters. Well guess what? Youā€™re too old for once upon a time.

Teams:

You are a resident of the small town of Perth, are human, have no magical ability(For this chapter) and have lived a relatively normal life.

You are a warrior, a killer, a slaver. Your raiding party has come through the great portal and discovered a village ripe with unsuspecting victims. Any race, low magical ability is optional, primarily physical strength.

In the unending effort to prevent casualties before the rebellion is strong enough to fight back you are presently traveling with the slavers raiding party, acting as one of them. Your goal, save as many as you can without revealing yourself, and try to make sure those strong enough to resist live to fight another day.

Chapter 2/3: The Bonds of Slavery, and the Seeds of rebellion.

Three days ago you were safe. Three days ago you were with your friends and family. Three days ago you knew nothing of monsters, or slavery, or what fear really was. Three days ago you knew elves, and dwarves, and fauns, were something of fairy tales. Three days ago you werenā€™t sitting in a pen, chained to those around you, awaiting the inevitable call of the slave drivers. Today isnā€™t three days ago.

Chapter 4: The Choice of Freedom, or the Path of Revenge

For seven years you were a prisoner, a servant, a slave. For seven years your very soul longed for the freedom of the outside world, and for seven years you have buried your anger, and hate, and loathing, with what was left of your sanity. Itā€™s time to do some grave digging.

Now, since this is an important issue, here is my standing on Magic.

Magic:

Taken from the Book of Ashty, chapter 72, paragraph 13

In the age before ages, in the time before time, in a place long forgotten those that came before ruled the skies, with skills that have been long since forgotten. In their time a man could outlive the most ancient of trees, the very threads that made one what they are could be unraveled and formed anew, and the warmth of the sun, might of the oceans, and blood of the earth could be harnessed by ships that could touch the stars. It was in this age long ago that a new power touched the stars, a power for more ancient than even those that came before. With a power that dwarfed that of those that came before they that became known only as the Darkness scoured the worlds, destroying all in their path. It was in this new enemy that those that came before saw the greatest threat, and as such the entirety of their might was set forth to combat them.

Yet even as the greatest armies of all time clashed in the skies above those that remained below knew that all would be lost, if no new power was to stand before the Darkness. So these men and women, far greater of mind than of body, tore asunder the very threads that made them what they were, and built them anew. Thus was magic born. Yet even with their new power they knew it alone was not enough, as such new powers were forged, not as great and powerful as the first, but unique and mighty in their own way. And as the ages passed, and those that came before left to distant stars they left behind this, magic, the greatest of their creations, along with the portals, so that the lesser races could reach across the stars, and in the time since these magics have morphed and changed from what they once were, as is their very nature, the very nature that lended them the strength to stand before the Darkness.

Ok, as you can probably see I am open to ALL magic, you just need to post or PM them to me for approval. I will need to see extensive information, including the extent that they can reach, drawbacks, all that stuff. If I think they will shift the balance of power to much then they will either be declined or I will suggest modifications. Also for those of you that prefer a non-magic character donā€™t be worried. The magic of this universe acts more as an enhancement for close combat, with scattered areas of ranged combat. Especially in close combat non-magic characters should be just fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you're wondering what the heck HellGrind is, here is a description post I made, that along with it's counterparts helped further my realization that I needed to put more time into this.

Deep within the primitive world of Brakiir, a rocky and chaotic world once used as a massive prison colony, lays the complex of Hellgrind, an ancient and terrible testament to all that is cruel and wicked in the universe. It is in this massive complex, an artifact in its own right that another relic of a long lost age survives. Slavery. For deep within the crust of this dark world lies a key component of the alloy Mithril, and while the great metal itself is not forged on this godforsaken world the ore is more precious than gold, and mined in vast quantities by an army of slaves.

At the head of this dark and extraordinarily lucrative operation is the a dark figure known only as the Warden, an impressive figure standing at eight feet tall with hard glistening scales over his hardened figure. Below him, on an equally cruel but less authoritive level lie the mages, the head enforcers of his will and practitioners of a wide variety of dark magic. Below them are the head foremen, cruel beasts from a variety of dark worlds, each with a deep greed and love for the cruelty they can inflict at will. Below them lies the brunt of Hellgrindā€™s forces, the guards themselves. The assorted scum of the universe many of whom bearing little to no magic strength the guards are outnumbered by only the slaves they keep.

In all the massive complex bears well over two thousand souls, the majority of which will live out the rest of their lives in the chains of slavery, with but one hope of freedom. For shortly after itā€™s creation a small faction took its first breath within the walls of Hellgrind. Over time this faction, this whisper in the darkness, would come to be known as the NightWalkers, rumored to be the wandering souls of long dead slaves back from the dead to haunt their tormentors. Though little would ever truly be known of this small band it would be known that few escaped their watching eyes, from the low level soldiers, to the mages, to even a select few of the slaves, many fell before them over the years, with none left to tell the tale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day was dark, the wind was cold, and yet again a high pitched wail could be heard from the main gaits of the massive facility as another troupe of slaves were dragged to their new destiny. As with nearly all of those before them this band hailed from behind the great portal, a massive magic doorway from deep within the mountainside, said to have been laid there some millennia ago by some all powerful deity.

Yet there was nothing holy or magnificent about the dark place that the bound figures had been led to. Seemingly risen from the dark place of legends that was its namesake Hellgrind was a symbol of despair to all who would call themselves free, and as such was the feeling it set deep within the souls of this new band, many of whom were yet to have come of age, and many already sick from the darkened smog that bled from the massive refineries of the mine. As they set their first steps into their new home each of the new arrivals knew deep within their hearts that there was no longer any hope, no longer any chance of freedom, no chance of ever regaining the life they once had. They would die in this place, as had thousands before them.

Please post all your thoughts, and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. I have a number of characters in mind, but will be spending more time on them.

P.S. Haha, and here are the rules. Or at least so far, comment on these as well.

Rules:

Your posts can be in either any format you wish, depending on the situation and style, and can change as the RP moves along.

Keep your position in mind. Slaves should be scared and pitiful, slavers should be cruel and cocky, and rebels should be careful and playing along with everything.

I'll make this very simple. If you post under a paragraph, if you misspell constantly, if you constantly and blatently ignore other peoples posts, then you have just stated this RP isn't worth your time, therefore, you shouldn't be wasting ours in the first place.

You can turn any post into over well over a paragraph. Describe things, leave openings for other RPers, put forth effort. If you do your best, and post only when you are ready, we will wait for you.
Last edited by Mr Hyde on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Quality Fantasy RP interest check.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Alban on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:06 am

Ok, firstly I would like to join this roleplay, if you could give me a basic character sheet to work with that would be great, along with the position you think I would best fit if you think that is neccesary.

As for critisism, I can only say some of the names are stolen from the inheritance trilogy (eragon, eldest and when it is out, brisingr). Hellgrind is a place in this trilogy, and "Warden", in the inhritance trilogy there is a rebel group called the "Varden". Intentionally or not you have stolen these names, or at least twisted them slightly so you can claim them as your own :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Alban
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: An Epic of my very own -Mr Hyde

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Haha, yes I did steal HellGrind, but if you have any other names I would take them. And yes, I am a fan of the trilogy(Gonna be 4 actually), but how in the world could a name as general as the Warden make you think I stole it? I've seen that used in a dozen other places for anything concerning prisons and whatnot. As for the RP itself, there's no way I'll start it in less than two weeks. Got to get names(Most from biblical times), and think out the layout of the prison along with the surrounding areas more. But if you got any more comments/suggestions I'm listening.

P.S. Is only one person up to reading the monster 10,000+ word post above? Sad....

P.P.S. Changed the name....see if that gets any more lookers....

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:21 am

I'm in if you'll have me. I'll tell my friends from D&D Guild too, most of them are good writers...
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Kƶnnt ihr mich hƶren?
Kƶnnt ihr mich sehen?
Kƶnnt ihr mich fĆ¼hlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:36 am

Hmmm ... Well, fairly, if not bloody well thought out Hyde, there's some potential. One thing that escapes me though, is that we start of, in Perth ? Did you, again, nick the name, or are we really starting as Aussies ? I guess the former rather than the latter. But could you expand on how we actually begin the RP, I'm a wee bit confused here.

And I have another question, what exactly is the setting ? HellGrind made it feel slightly futuristic to me, though I definitely think it's actually fantasy, with swords and whatnot. Anyway, good job, and hope this gets active when you so wish it.

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm going to hold tis post then edit it before tonight. I hope you do not mind me playing two characters, if you do I will pick one over the other.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!