Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cáș„m Chuyển NhÆ°á»Łng Sau VỄ BĂĄn Sao Tráș» Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Adaptations: A Futristic Salem Witch Trials

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Adaptations: A Futristic Salem Witch Trials

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Most of us have all heard the story of the Salem Witch Trails. We know of the gruesome killings that happened just because someone did not like someone else.

‘You’re ugly, you must be a witch.’ Bang. You’re dead.

‘You won’t sell me that pig? You’re a witch. You want it for some pagan sacrifice.’ Bang. You’re dead again.

There were no rhythm or reason to these killings, they just simply were. Many are glad that they are a thing of the past, and shall never happen again
. Or will they?

It is the year 2021, and the Earth has seen several distinct changes. Most people have reverted back to polytheistic ways, meaning they worship many gods. Christianity is one of the only monotheistic religions that still exist, and it is as if the world is reverting back to the way it was. Other changes include and even more depleted Ozone Layer that requires most elderly to use an oxygen tank.

Many people are being born with newfound “powers”, while some young children are developing them. This include gills, an almost unrealistic lung capacity, and thicker, rubber like skin. All of these new found talents are forms of adaptations against Earth’s grueling environment, but most people refused to except that reasoning.

It is now the year 2045. Things are even worse, and more and more children are being born with these adaptations. The world has decided to strike back, and blame it on the first ones born with these abilities.

It must be their fault. There can be no other explanation. They must be exterminated before things get worse.

So whose side are you on? The “exterminators”, the “witches”, or the “innocents.”
~~~~~~~
Ok, so this is a bit of a rough idea I got today in English class while we were discussing the Salem Witch Trails. I realize it my be a bit dumb, but I would love to get any feedback about interest or anything!
I think it would be fun and cool, but then again, it is my idea....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Re: Adaptations: A Futristic Salem Witch Trials

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Not bad, a little corny, but not bad.

It could use some more scientific basing. If you're explaining the transformations with science, you have to use REAL science. What would be easier, and more believable, is if you went with a more Star Wars-ish motif. Not exactly like it, with the lightsabres and the Force and all that rot, just a more elevated, spiritual sense to said oddness in humans.

And, of course, you have to have the evil people, who actually DO kill babies to sacrifice their souls. The babies' souls, that is. You don't need to kill a baby to sacrifice your own soul.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Adaptations: A Futristic Salem Witch Trials

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheAlmightyForkNinja on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Actually, you wouldn't need any killing to begin with. The Salem Witch Trials started with a bunch of stupid girls just confessing that they were witches. We could have this start much of the same way, or the people could just assume...?
I have no idea, that was just a basic, two minute type up idea.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!