Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tablet character

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Tablet character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shounetsujigoku on Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 am

Well, yesterday I decided to give my tablet a go and attempt to draw my character, she did have a big aZzed axe but I rubbed it out because I can't draw axes to save my life xDD.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shounetsujigoku
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Tablet character

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:16 pm

That's really good!

I love how dynamic the pose is. One of my weaknesses is that the people I draw tend to be in rather static, blah-dy-blah poses--and on top of that I have to concentrate on getting the anatomy right, which is enough to make me snap my pencil in two. Speaking of anatomy, her hand looks excellent. Another thing that stands out in this picture are the details in the character's outfit; even though they aren't quite distinguishable, it still looks like you put a lot of time into it.

Maybe we can do an art trade or collaboration or something. I draw your character and you draw mine?

Keep up the good work : D
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dovey
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 am

Wow that's awesome! I'm hoping to be able to draw that well soon. =(

My boyfriend is working on getting a tablet for his computer, since he does lots of drawings, graphic design, and comic book stuff. How is that working out for you? What kind did you get? Is it a good one?

Sorry all the questions. I'm researching for him. =D
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shounetsujigoku on Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:49 pm

In response to Dovey:- Aye, it's taken me like....well, a lot of time of studying anatomy in my spare time to come up with with poses like that, I still need alot of work, normally my hands and feet turn out completely mashed xDD, So, I'm happy with that result. I enjoyed adding the details into the outfit, gave me a chance to let my creativity run riot xDD, Haha, and yes, it took about four hours in total to complete ^__^

Art trade eh? Sounds fun xDD. Message me with further details if you want ^__^.

In response to Angel_Melfina:- It's quite fun, I've had it for close on a year but never actually tried it out, it's like sketching o-o. But, obviously on the computer instead of paper xDD. I do enjoy it and it's less limited than trying to use a mouse.

Uhhh, it's a WACOM one I think, and I think it's a good one. However, I havn't used any other ones and therefore couldn't really compare it to any other ones o-o, but for me it's dandeh xD.

Shounetsujigoku
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 am

That's so awesome. I just can't get over that drawing. It'd be awesome on paper, but the fact that you did it into a computer is just so neat. It's just a great drawing!

My boyfriend is looking at a Wacom. I think he read that they are really good.

Thanks for reinforcing the great reviews the Wacom gets!

I can't wait to see more art! There is going to be more, right? o.o

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:44 am

That's pretty awesome, right down to the fact it looks as if it was drawn with a rollerball or some such. Do you colour as well? Unfortunately as I'm not much of an artist I can't offer any proper critique, but it looks smashing to me.

Also, I add my 'I know a guy who knows a guy who said' information about Wacom tablets being really good. I also heard that the mid-range (price wise) are amazing value.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shounetsujigoku on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Yes, hopefully there will be more when I get some spare time or some motivation to draw something, Haha, and aye' I really like this Tablet o-o. It's basically like drawing on Paper but you're looking at a computer screen instead (obviously) xDD

I enjoy using inks aswell, with the dip pens and shiz, and this does sort of remind me of one of those sort of drawings - the result I would come up with. Haha.

Shounetsujigoku
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah, my boyfriend likes ink as well. He learned a little about Sumi-e with a book that I let him borrow and he got all into it. Ink is pretyt cool, but it takes some learning to figure out how to handle it properly, otherwise you might end up with a big mess on paper.

I didn't know tablets were so easy to use. I am going to show him this topic next time I see him.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shounetsujigoku on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:18 am

For me it's easy, and to be honest, If I can do it then anyone can xDD.

Shounetsujigoku
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!