Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Devise has been Modified (Portal RP)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

The Devise has been Modified (Portal RP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sketchy on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:12 am

OOC: this rp will take place after the original portal ended. I've copy/pasted the plot of the original from wikipedia
I will create the maps and post them as attachments.
here is the link to the Q&A and OOC: the-devise-has-been-modified-profile-posts-t11724.html

In Portal, the player controls the character named Chell from a first person perspective as she is challenged to navigate through a series of rooms using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device ("portal gun" or "ASHPD"). The portal gun can create two distinct portal ends, orange and blue. Neither is specifically an entrance or exit; all objects that travel through the one portal will exit through the other with no change in speed. If subsequent portal ends are created, the previously created portal of the same color is closed. Not all surfaces are able to accommodate a portal. Chell is sometimes provided with cubes which she can pick up and throw at a short distance and use to hold down large buttons that open doors or activate mechanisms. She is however prevented from carrying them from one chamber to the next by special barriers which "emancipate" (disintegrate) them. Passage through these fields also closes any open portals which were created beforehand, and portals cannot be fired through them.The portals create a visual and physical connection between two different locations in 3D space. Portal ends are restricted to planar surfaces, but if the portal ends are on nonparallel planes, bizarre twists in geometry and gravity can occur as the player character is immediately reoriented to be upright with respect to gravity after leaving a portal end. An important aspect of the game's physics is "momentum redirection". Objects retain their speed as they pass through the portals but their direction will be altered depending on the orientation of the exit portal. This allows the player to launch objects or Chell herself over great distances, both vertically and horizontally, a maneuver referred to as "flinging" by Valve. As GLaDOS puts it, "In layman's terms: speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out." Although the player character is equipped with mechanized heel springs to prevent damage from falling, she can be killed by various other hazards in the test chambers, such as turret guns, bouncing balls of energy, and electrified toxic liquid. She can also be damaged by objects falling through portals, and by a series of "crushers" that appear in maintenance levels. Unlike most first-person shooters, there is no set amount of health; suffering enough damage in a short time frame kills the player, but the player doesn't die from repeated exposure to small amounts of damage as the health quickly regenerates after damage.

Here's what's up:
We need:
six people to be test specimines, three hold orange portal guns and three hold blue portal guns.
turrets (anyone who wants to be a turret I will say how many turrets there are in each level)
humans will initially be divided into 3 teams. there will be only one way to reunite on each map

And I will take over the role of GLaDoS

Characters:
Human: (humans are first come first serve, PM me and ill let u know)
Name:
Job: PM me your choice from reporter, writer, photographer, camera (wo)man, bodyguard(2)
Orange or blue portal gun(again, 1st come 1st serve pm me)

Turret
Serial #(name):
age: only if u want to (remember they dont exactly have a long lifespan)
job: missiles or bullets
[turret players will keep playing even if their turret is destroyed. you'll just be out until the next map]

We will begin at the end of the background story
Story:
After the Explosion of the Aperture Science Enrichment Center(ASEC) GLaDoS' back up computers started up. Unfortunately, a news crew of six was the first to show up on the scene instead of the military or police. they found Chell and her gun lying on the ground in two pieces and one of the reporters picked it up and shot off a blue portal. they looked through and saw what looked like a compound of some type on the other side. after some deliberation, they agreed to go inside to investigate. This could be a good story!! After entering, they found that they were in a room with a computer that seemed to be shut down. as it was the only thing in there, someone booted it up. gas started to come out of the walls and everything went white. when they woke up, they were all in seperate identical cells with a timer on one of the walls. it as counting down...
γγ‚Œγ―ιΏγ‘γ‚‰γ‚Œγͺγ„ε‹εˆ©θ€…γ§γ™γ€‚

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sketchy
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!