Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Conventional WWIII?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Conventional WWIII?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shackel on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, this is an idea I have been working on for about 2 years, it's basically an rp about WWIII if it WASN'T just nukes flying everywhere. A limited nuclear war or two may be in, but that's about it.

Simplified version of the story below: Soviet Union came back, joined up with the USA. The middle powers joined together to form COLP to stop a possible war for resources. Europe(except for Germany) stopped all contact in an attempt to stay out of a possible World War. Red Star took over Japan and Korea, and the UN was disbanded. The chaos started battles between COLP(Confederation Of Lower Powers) and NARO(North American Russian Order), which ended with the nuking of New York City, killing ten million. NARO nuked Jakarta, causing fifteen million fatalities and an uproar in the world's community, forcing the two alliances to stop the war. COLP is planning on the destruction of NARO to stop the chaos in the world once and for all.

World War Three started when the Soviet Union rebuilt itself and created an alliance with the USA becoming NARO, the North American Russian Order, the lower powers, South America, Africa, Australia, and almost every country in the world began to think that they were going to be taken over by this new ultrapower. Red Star, seeing the confusion amongst the countries as an opportunity, took over Japan and Korea, becoming even more of a threat. The middle powers joined together and formed COLP to protect themselves, causing tension between the two powers. Most of Europe began to stop all contact with the other powers, becoming completely independent. This caused the NARO to become furious, along with COLP, to the point where the U.N was disbanded, and Europe was forced to band together to become the European Alliance to protect their own resources. COLP began testing new types of nuclear weapons just in case there was an attack. The problem with this was the fact that the only thing left from the UN was the law preventing nuclear testing and manufacturing. NARO, angry at the defiance of COLP, sent a battalion to Mexico and took it over due to COLP being unprepared for it.

More battles began, soon the first nuclear bomb was unleashed, right on New York City, nothing was left beside gutted skyscrapers and an irradiated version of a biological weapon being created on the outskirts of the city, which continued to ravage New York's population for weeks until a cure was finally made before the virus could cause any more casualties. The total amount of people lost in the New York Bombing was an estimated ten million. Outraged, NARO obliterated the city of Jakarta, there is only a large memorial where it used to be. That is when World War III started, as did the beginning of the end of the world.

There you go. Anyone interested?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shackel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Conventional WWIII?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:31 pm

sounds interesting...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shackel on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:15 pm

So, anything I should improve on?

Shackel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:29 pm

Firstly Russian would never come into an alliance with the US they are still sore from the Cold War. Secondly the UN would not be disbanded, most European Nations would ally themselves with the US and Russia would probably lone wolf it. Most Communitst countries would ally with each other and take over countries at a time using those countries resources to expand their military power.
I help new people learn to RP. If you need help, PM me, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:46 pm

"Europe(except for Germany) stopped all contact in an attempt to stay out of a possible World War."

What is germany doing? I don't see them mentioned besides NOT being part of the european alliance.

Kargoth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shackel on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:26 pm

It's a fictional war, Drakona. Not everything is going to be ultra realistic. Germany is considered both a great power and a MIDDLE power, MIDDLE being the keyword. Each middle power joined to prevent an attack from NARO.

If you're going to ask me to improve, don't pick out things about something that could be easily explained by the "fictional" part. It's not going to happen, and if anything it is more of a parallel universe.

Also, you don't even know the entire plot in the first place. When it is something as sensitive as politics and military, you can't expect everything to stay the same forever, therefore you should not act like it is unless you want to look like a fool. Everything is treated with a lot of realism. I can't make a PERFECT replica of Earth with a PERFECT WWIII.

No one can, and if I would go into detail of every single country and the politics, not only would I end up writing an entire story in the first place, but no one would read it.

I have to stop saying "ANYTHING", when it comes to realistic fiction.

Shackel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I'm just pointing out some cultural flaws some of it is believable but IT IS A NEAR IMPOSSIBILITY that Russia would every ally with the US my main point in that whole post. You can blame president Nixon for that for rubbing a God damned refrigerator that Russia didn't have in their face ultimately lighting the fuse of the Cold War. I did not mean to insult the author or anyone else for that matter but that culture flaw was huge.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lackadaisy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 am

Even though there's next to no chance of this 'really' happening, I thought that it was a well-developed enough concept, and anyway-- why not go all out if we're going to roleplay a near-apocalyptic future? Roleplaying after all is about fun and I think that roleplaying a future in which all of this happens will be very good entertainment. :) You never know, in this fictional world perhaps a forgiving and/or strongly tactical leader will reform the USSR and decide that their once-enemies the USA could be their key to ultrapowerdom.

Anyway, I'd like to say that I'm interested-- but who would we playing, exactly? You never said whether we would be playing random civillians living through this world war, soldiers, the leaders of the various countries and powers... etc.

lackadaisy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!