Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Marathon Adventure

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Marathon Adventure

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm

The Great S.S. Artilar (Space Ship Artilar) is a gigantic passenger vessel often used for space cruises. People from all kids of ethical and social backgrounds pay money to travel in the ship or to just simply enjoy the cruise. Every month the ship makes a month long voyage to and from a random destination..
Naturally this would make the ship a target for space pirates, however the ship has an impregnable outside, and his locked and loaded with all kinds of weaponry, and nothing could possibly go wrong...
Could it?

THE FLOW
When you join, you may join as either one character or two. Those of you worried that this will be some sort of boring, easy space cruise RP are mistaken, because this time the pirates actually invade the ship (I'll have an NPC initiate the attack). So, are you a passanger, and Enforcer (these guys are like galactic policemen) or a space pirate led by the infamous Lord Val, the most infamous pirate of all?

If you are using a character sheet and wish to just link to that for your character, feel free to. Just make sure you post if they're a pirate, Enforcer or Passenger, and if you want, why and how they got on the SS Artilar.
My char:
NAME: Durandal
RACE: Human, aged 23
EQUIPMENT: Black magnum, holstered on his left hip
Orange communicator, holstered on the right side of his waist.
Wears a space jacket that his vertically half green and half black, and wears green pants tucked into black boots.
DESCRIPTION: Durandal is a well-known space explorer known for the multi-faceted situations he gets himself in and out of. He came on the SS Artilar cruise for his own purposes. Durandal is not an Enforcer, but he sides with them. He's more or less a vigilante.
((The next person to post can have the honors of starting))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Marathon Adventure

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamma on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:18 pm

OOC: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/characters/M-00%20Proto
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/characters/Gerald%20Marconi
Gear and Proto will both be passengers.

"Proto had wandered away from Gear's garage again. The hedgebot was speeding along toward the launch site of the Artilar. His heel rockets carried him about 300 miles an hour, making it all but impossible for his hedgehog friend to keep up with him without a vehicle.

Gear, knowing he couldn't possibly catch the runaway robot on foot, hopped on his motorcycle and headed off in the same direction as Proto. "Kid's always gotta run off somewhere," he said to himself. "Somethin's bound to get broken since Proto's just a big metal klutz. Sometimes I wonder why I keep 'im around." He'd never admit, even to himself, that he saw Proto as a surrogate younger brother. The orange hedgehog continued driving until he caught up with Proto, who was standing in front of the magnificent space cruiser.

Proto turned around to see Gear hop off his motorcycle with an exaspirated look on his face. "Ya ain't gettin' on that ship without payin', ya metal moron. You're not gettin' my hide thrown in jail. Most of my family's there already, and I ain't joinin' them."

Proto just cocked his head to the side as if pleading with his orange-furred companion.

"Aww, no, kid. Don't give me that look.""

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gamma
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 am

Durandal noticed Gear and Proto and approached them.
"I see you could use some help." The human turned to the ticketmaster robot in front of the boarding hall. He inserted a card.
"Two tickets please."
The robot beeped and blooped, then spat out Durandal's card and two tickets, which he handed to the two.
"Here you two go." Durandal then looked at proto. "Better hold on tight to that ticket Junior. It wouldn't be any good if you lost that ticket."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamma on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 am

Proto took his ticket and stared at it. He then turned to look at Gear.

Gear smiled. "Looks like ya got lucky, kid."

Proto would've smiled if he had a mouth. Instead, his eyes changed from their default oval shapes into arch shapes to indicate his happiness.

"Well," said Gear, "let's get on board. Try not to burst through the wall, Proto. Ya could end up costin' us both a lotta money." The hedgehog turned to face Durandal. "Which way?"

Gamma
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am

"Just follow me. It's right through this little tunnel, the boarding hall." Durandal then turned around and proceeded through the sliding door that was behind him and into the boarding hall.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamma on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Gear turned to face Proto. "Follow me, Proto. Stay behind me. Got it?" He gave the machine a stern look, hoping it'd register with him. "No heel rockets, okay? Just walk. Got that? Walk..like I do."

Proto stared at Gear. "Fol-low. Walk."

"Yeah," Gear confirmed. "Come on now. Let's go." With that, he began to walk down the boarding hall.

Proto stood still for a moment before following him. "No roc-kets," he said out loud. "Fol-low. No roc-kets."

"Yeah, yeah, ya got it. Just shut up and keep followin' me."

Gamma
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:05 am

Durandal took note of Proto's behavior and laughed.
"He's certainly like a little kid isn't he? Doesn't seem too smart for a robot...but never underestimate a robot (trust me on that one)."
Soon they reached the other end of the boarding hall. Suddenly Durandal remembered something and turned to Proto and Gear. "You two don't have any weapons on you, right? I think they'd be fine with Proto but I dunno about you Gear. Unless it's a small hand gun or something. But if you're packin' serious heat then..."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamma on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:01 pm

"Well, I might be the only UNARMED member of the Marconi hedgehog family," replied Gear with a bit of a chuckle. "Most of my family's in the Mafia, so of course they got plenty o' guns." The orange hedgehog took out his ticket, then turned around to face Proto, who held his ticket in his right claw.

"Not lose," announced the hedgebot as he proceded to wave his ticket-holding claw in the air. "No lose! No lose!"

Gear chuckled at his companion's show of enthusiasm. It was times like this when he could forget how many headaches Proto gave him with his antics. The robot really WAS like a child. "Maybe the kid's got potential," he thought to himself. "We'll see."

Gamma
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!