Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Gene War

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Gene War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:09 pm

The years is 3001.
The goverment has issued a Gene tagging There are three gene tags Kazmar,Tarin and Dazin.Kasmar have an epigene.Tarin have the epigene but it's dormant.and Dazin don't have the epigene.This is a RP showing the different things each gene group have to face during the war.You must give your profile before playing though.
Profile:
Name:
gene tag:
family:
You can be multiple characters and RP the members of your family.Your name changes depending on your age.If you are under 20 then you will only put the first letter of your last name.If you are over 20 then you only put the first letter of your first name and then your last name. k I'll give you mine now.
Name: Mazumi K
gene tag:Dazin
Family:Grandmother, M Karsaki who is 200 and sister Kaihya K who is 18.
Yeah I'm different and maybe I am a bitch but at least I'm a real girl who takes no ones bullshit.

I am not afraid to keep on living I am not afraid to walk this world alone!(but it'd be nicer if you were with me)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Gene War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:30 am

((Sounds interesting. Just one question... what's the epigene. No, nevermind. Please just PM me the answer. Anyway, this sounds interesting, so I'm game. Here's my info:))

Name: Mikhail K
gene tag: Tarin
family: Father- M Karvanov, 40; Mother- T Karvanov, 40; and Sister- Sonia K, 12

Name: Kugaya T
gene tag: Kasmar
family: Mother- K Takashi, 44; and Brother- Ryukazu T, 21

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:06 am

Thank you for joining.The epigene doesn't really do anything just makes em think they're better...well most of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mazumi K looked around the stinky flat that had been given to her family when they where forced out of their home for being Dazin just a week or two ago.Nothing had gone right for her since the Gene tagging law had been passed.Her Boyfriend had broken up with her and she had even less friends than before.She sighed and got off her bed.
"Granma I'm going out!" She shouted into the iving room.
"Take the buzz baton in case some Kasmar try anything!"Her Grandmother shouted back.
"Yes Granma!"Mazumi said fingering the purple stamp on her left hand before picking up the Buzz baton from the table and heading out the door.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Mikhail stood up. It was getting late. Kugaya should have been here. Since the law had just been passed, everyone had to go in for mandatory genetic testing. A pain, but if you didn't you were considered a genetic criminal, which held a penalty of death. So Mikhail had gone in, with his best friend Kugaya, to get tested. Kugaya's results were in today. Mikhail had gotten his results several weeks ago. Tarin, it had tagged him. For some reason though, Kugaya's took longer. He had called and called, but no one had answered until today. Oh! And there he was now. Mikhail ran up behind him and slapped him on the back.
"Hey, Kuga! How'd it go?"
Kugaya was strangely silent. Instead of saying anything, he just raised his right hand. There, tatooed on the back of it, was the Seven-Point Star. He was Kasmar! Mikhail grinned.
"Congratulations! I knew you had it in you, pun fully inteded. Seriously though, you must be happy. You've got a whole world opened up before you. Less problems than us normal folks have, and definitely have a better life than the Dazin. Man, I wish I was you. I wish I were Kasmar."
Kugaya just stood there and looked at him, a sad look on his face. It was a look of supreme pity, like one would give a person who just didn't get that they were about to die. Finally, in the slow way he always did, he spoke.
"You don't get it, do you? This tag is not a gift. It's a curse. With it, I'm supposed to treat Dazin like dirt, and even stay away from Tarin like you. You know, in almost every country in the world, somewhere in their political documents it has the idea that 'all men are created equal.' If that's so, then why do we have to seperate ourselves based upon wheter we have the right sequence of ATCGs? How does a gene that doesn't do anything, at least anything that we know about, make me better than you or... or that girl over there? I tell you Mik, if it weren't the law, I wouldn't have gotten the stupid test at all. All it does is breed devisiveness in a time when there are already too many problems in the world."
Mikhail just stood there. He didn't know what to say. Here was Kasmar, saying that he thought the whole process was evil. That just wasn't right. He decided to try and show Kugaya how wrong he was for not being thrilled. He turned to the girl that they had seen earlier, and yelled.
"Hey! You! What's your tag?"

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

Mazumi looked up as someone shouted over to her.
"Hey!You!What's your tag?" The boy asked.
She solemly help up her left hand and pulled off her fingerless glove to show him the purple cresent moon tatooed there.
"Dazin,"she mumbled softly looking down so that her hair covered her face and waited for the abuse the Tazin boy would throw at her.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Mikhail turned to Kugaya. "See, she's Dazin. You're better than that. She's trash, you're a god!" He turned back to the girl. "Hey, do you know what he is? He's a..."
But that was as far as it got. Mikhail found himself on the ground, a heavy weight on his back. He heard Kaguya start speaking.
"I appologize for my friend's rudeness. He isn't usually like this. If he offended you, I profusely ask your forgiveness." With that he bowed low, unaware that the new tatoo was exposed to the world. "If there's anything that I could do to make up for his insensitivity, I'd be happy to try."

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Mazumi looked up at the Kasmar who was...apologizing to her?She was confused but shook her head.
"N-no I'm used to it,"She mumbled pulling her glove back on and running off.
'I have to tell the others about this,'She thought,glancing back at the two boys.One,the Kasmar caught her eye and she felt her cheeks turn pink,she looked away quickly and hid her face with her hair and headed on.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Kaguya looked down at Mikhail, who was still facedown in the dirt.
"Are you ready to stop acting like a pig and get up?"
Mikhail nodded. Kugaya let him up. He stood up and wiped the dirt out of his face. Then, he turned to Kugaya and spoke.
"What was that? You were, by law, given the right to command her to do something. She has no rights, you have them all. You used to be so wild. In the old days you attacked anyone you saw, without exception. Back then, you would have beat her up and then never have though about it again. What changed?"
Kugaya shrugged. "I don't know. I expect I grew up. Maybe it was my stepfather. When the law first came out, my mother and stepfather both went to get tested. My mother was Kasmar, my stepfather was Dazin. My mother's friends, all Kasmar, did exactly what you suggested. The beat him, ridiculed him, and then killed him, right on the front steps. My mother was there, laughing, torturing, and killing, right along with them. I couldn't stand it. It was then that I realized that there was a stronger bond than blood. The one thing that should hold people, even more than relationships, is the desire to be free. I am Kasmar, yet before that I'm also human. So is that girl that you tried to humiliate. We're all human. It's like the Nazis of the last millenium. They thought that it was race that made the person what it was. But we all agree that they were wrong. It wasn't race, but life that made us worth fighting for. Aren't we doing the same thing? Discriminating based upon a matter that we can't help, and that doesn't really matter in the long run?"
Mikhail shook his head. Kugaya just didn't get it. "Dude, something's wrong with you. You've been given power. You aren't human if you don't enjoy it."
Kugaya turned and walked away. As he was walking, he sighed. "There's a difference between you and me. It's a great big wall that cannot be broken through. I will never see a human as less than just that, a human. Until you change the way you see, I cannot be around you. We cannot be friends."
Mikhail just nodded. Then he turned, and walked away, leaving Kugaya there, in a place that was unfamilar. Not wanting to get caught by himself there, Kugaya ran after the girl they had met. She had rushed off, but had not gotten so far that he could not catch up. Running up behind her, he hailed.
"Hey!"
Getting closer, he slowed down a bit, to match her speed.
"Mind if I walk with you? I really don't know my way around here, and would hate to get lost."
Last edited by Ghost_x1000 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Mazumi looked at the Kasmar boy who had helped her,"Won't you get into trouble?"She asked looking pointedly at the star on his hand,"And I don't think you should come where I'm going it's...Dangourose...for you I mean,"SHe added looking away,there was something about this boy that made her feel...weird was the only way she could descirbe it.
'I haven't felt like this since...Oh No.NO!I promised myself...never...I'm screwed,'She thought,wanting to bang her head on the wall multiple times,'Stupid heart,'She thought.'

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Kaguya just smiled.
"Dangerous? I highly doubt it. However, you may have a point. I'm hardly dressed to be walking around on the street. Just a little here, ant then you do like so, and... there, what do you think?"
The change was incredible. His hair, once strait and neat, was now wild like a horse's mane. His posture, no longer tall and strong as a mountain, was lean, like a beast ready to pounce. His poise made way for a swagger that spoke of unbelievable cockiness. And his clothes looked totally different when messed up. To complete his transformation, he had wrapped his hands and fore-arms in a light cloth, which made him look, if not totally, then very like a common street fighter. It also had the side effect of hiding the tatoo on his hand.
"So, what do you think? I doubt anyone'd want to attack me for what I look like now. So, what's your story? Oh, but I'm forgetting my manners. It's polite to tell the other person about yourself first. My names Kaguya, but you can call me Kazuma. It's what I'm going to change my name to. That was what my name was originally supposed to be, but the doctor had a hearing problem, and his Japanese wasn't too good. So I was legally misnamed. I live with my mother and brother, both cursed with the mark of Kasmar. I was raised by my stepfather, because my mother was busy training my brother to take up the family bloodline rule. He was ethnically only half-japanese, the other half being korean. He was the one that taught me martial arts, and the one that gave me my first vibro-knife. He often took me to a neighborhood not too far from here, to see where he grew up. 'Remember' he said, 'that you are not better than the people here. The are probably better than you, because they work and fight just to stay alive. You've got it easy, being born in the heights. If you lived down here, you'd have to work for yourself. That's why I teach you what I do. Because you must learn that no human is better than another.' He was always full of great wisdom like that. He saw everyone as equal. Even though he was living a life of luxury, he knew that he was no better than the lowest poverty-stricken bum. He was at the top of the social ladder, until the genetic tagging law was passed. Then he found out he was a Dazin. That's what killed him. My mother, along with several of her Kasmar friends tortured him and killed him one night. The policemen, also Kasmar, didn't even file a report about him. They just took him and dumped him in a ditch one day. That's when I learned just what he meant. The world is full of injustice, with the higher classes oppressing the lower ones. Like Mik did today. Again, I'm sorry. He was being a pig. I really have to thank you, though. It was you that made me see what he was really like. I discovered that I was unable to stand people like him; people that treat other humans like trash. If there really is a God, and he really has made a hell, then sure enough there is a special place for people like that, right in the hottest pit. And my mother's going to be right at the bottom, burning the hottest. All she thinks about is her image and social staning. It makes me sick, and she's taught my brother to be like that also. Oh, I've forgotten my manners again. I must have been boring you with all this rambling. I'm sorry."
Kugaya looked down, ashamed that he had had gone off like that again. For some reason, whenever he started thinking about that, he started to get mad. The injustice was sickening. He couldn't stand it.
Then he realized what he must seem like. He turned to the girl, and smiled an apology smile. "So," he said, aware that he must have made a fool of himself, "what's your story? You hold yourself like a princess, albeit one that's been shamed. How'd you end up in a slum like this?"

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Mazumi looked at the boy,He seemed nice enough so she began,"I once lived on the west side of the City 5 Plaza.I had everything most girls wanted,a Holo pool,a nice house,a close group of friends and my boyfriend was Ryo T,the mayor's son.Then the Gene tagging came in.My whole family's Dazin,they came and moved us to this scummy place.My gran refused to leave,"She laughed before adding,"Who knew a 130 year old could punch like that! But after that it went downhill.Ryo turned out to be a shallow snob and so did half my friends.I've lived here for six weeks now and you are the only Kasmar walking round here.This is where all the Dazin's in this city get put now.Although you do look more the part now but I'm heading off to a meeting...Maybe you'd like to join but it means going against your country,the goverment and most other Kasmar and Tazin people," She said as she picked up her gypsy skirt as a guy sitting on the side of the street pulled at itand she thew a coin at him.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:55 pm

"Country? Government? What are those but what the people decide?"
Kugaya stopped and looked around him. This place brought the memories of his step-father back to him. His step-father had been a soldier, a long time ago. He had once said, "Kuga, if you want to know the truth, the world's filled with a bunch of evil people. The reason that you're so strong is to protect those that can't protect themselves. You've been given a gift, one that you must be careful with. If you ever start seeing yourself as better than them, then you'll be no better than the ground that they walk on. Anyone can hate someone. It takes real courage to believe in others."
Kugaya suddenly realized that he had spaced out.
"Sorry, I must have lost myself there. But don't worry. I'll definitely be there. What the Kasmar and Tarin are doing to people is evil. If I have to betray my family, my people, my life, then so be it. I cannot sit idly by and allow the Kasmar to treat others like trash."
Kaguya smiled at the girl. He decided that he would join this group at their meeting. He knew then that he would help them. He would help them change the world!
"Oh," he said, just remembering. "I don't believe you've told my your name."

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 am

"Oh my names Mazumi,Mazumi K,"she answered the boys question,"Ok so your joining our Rebellion then?"She asked,looking at him to see his reaction.The entire rebellion reminded her of a film from the last millenium,about over thowing the goverment.
'Now what was it called?' she thought and then she remembered,"V!"She said before relizing she'd said it out loud,"Oops Sorry."

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 am

Kugaya looked over at Mazumi. She was definitely more of a person that Mikhail, and he had know her less than a day.
"Please," he said, looking strait into her eyes. "apologize. I know that it wasn't right for you to shout out the name, but I'm the one who caused you to do it. I'm the one that should be apologizing to you. I could get you into a lot of trouble for asking to join your rebellion. I know that others won't believe me, because I'm Kasmar, but I really do want to help. I know it's a great risk to you, but if you would, please lead me to the meeting. So you can be sure that I'm not a spy, please blindfold me and lead me to the place."
He reached into his pocket and handed Mazumi a handkerchief. He had done his part. He knew that if they wanted to, this rebellion group would kill him, just to make an example to all other Kasmar. Yet, he had faith in this girl, who seemed like a trustworthy person. If she would trust him, and take the lead, he was sure everything would work out just fine.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 am

Mazumi looked at the hanky in her hands,she shrugged and tied it around his head,"They won't hurt you.I promise,"She said as she made sure the cloth was in place.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Kugaya just knodded.
"Thank you. Well, I guess there's no beating around the bush. You'll have to lead me there."
He reached out his hand for Mazumi to take. He was totally in her power now. She had to lead him to wherever it was they were going.

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Mazumi took his hand and slowly led him to the old building.
"Stairs,"She said as they reached the door to go underground.I wonder what the others will say about this one.

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XDemolitionLoverX on Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:07 pm

((OoC:Are ou still RPing?I'm lonely here!))

XDemolitionLoverX
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghost_x1000 on Thu May 08, 2008 9:57 pm

((Yea... I'm sorry. I've been gone for a while. I'll get around to roleplaying here, just... please, give me time. I'm still having a whole bunch of problems.))

Ghost_x1000
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!