Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yet another lost newb...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Yet another lost newb...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamadecoy on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Hmmm… How to begin? Not very good with intros…

Well, I guess I should start by saying: Hello! My name is… on a need to know basis.

See? Horrible, horrible intro. It just won’t do. Very anti-the-spirit-of-me. How about something more like… ‘lo random people I don’t know! I’m so and so, but the online world refers to me as ‘Decoy’; half of the time because my name so bluntly states me as such, and the other half of the time because I truly am being made into just that.

Now that that is done and over with I suppose I should say some things about myself. In an attempt to explain myself as nice as I can: I hate board RPs. With that in the open I shall happily continue ^_^

This place confuses me. I don’t exactly understand at all how the RP on this site works. You see, I was ‘born and raised’ in chat room RPs nearly 5 years ago. Does that mean I’m any good at it? Hell no! But on the days of MSN chat rooms (before they went to pay only), the whole one line, instant response, use of hammers to kick idiots out of room thing got me addicted and absolutely hating the idea of going on a board and having to wait for answers for having any old random person joining your RP and such. Since those days I’ve moved up to paragraph RPing and limited myself to a few close friends to RP with. Sadly, I’ve been recently left with only two people to RP with; neither of which are currently online. This left me bored and in search of some RP. I was so desperate I searched Google for boards to go on. And, well, here I am; confused and vulnerable.

Okay, so I lied a little. Obviously I understand how this site works enough that I could successfully RP on it. My real problem is I hate 'signing up' for RPs. I feel like I'm intruding and I'm incredibly unreliable for getting back a timely response (I have a slight life). I want an RP that's just started or hasn't started yet. Ideally, I'd love for someone to do a one on one RP with me and be flexible with reply times and such (I'll try to reply once a day at least).

Well, that’s enough rambling from me for now. I probably should be spending my time actually trying to figure this place out instead of just going ‘OMG! Shiny!! Register time!’ … Shiny things are cool.

So, I leave all the nice people who bothered to read this post with this question and offer:

Can you suggest some good RPs that I can join? I’ll give you a cookie…
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iamadecoy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Yet another lost newb...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Ookami on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:38 pm

Welcome, I'm actually new here myself (joined yesterday), and have been bored enough to actually create my own RP~ =3 Of course I don't have a link yet... but I can get one if you'd like. (Warning: It's semi-long. o.o With a large/creative profile thing... ^^;)
Ya know what? Just forget about me because it appears that I can't help anyone on here, not even the board itself, and it'd probably be too selfish to ask for help myself. Besides, I'm just the ghost that nobody sees anyways. >_> Goodbye.
P.S. For those of you who want me to continue "Domination," go here. I'll allow anyone to comment on it. Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arctic Ookami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamadecoy on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:08 pm

Oh... It's been soooo long since I've done a real, lengthy RP... If you get a link I'll look at it, though! I used to be big into that but I really have RPed in a year and even then it wasn't that serious. My creativity in life has seemed to be on a halt since I haven't been RPing so I might have to start in some shorter length RPs before I work my way up to something like that! But, then again, you never know... WOW me and I might be so inspired it just shakes all the cobwebs off of me!

iamadecoy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 pm

From your first post, I can assume that you do not fight in an arena setting on a forum? Either way, it's fine, but the world of epic battles could always use one more. Chat fighting is fun, in a way, but forum battles require more language usage and at least a paragraph or two of text. I hope to see you around, though, because you seem to be able to talk up a storm at will. Have fun here at RPGateway!

Sincerely,
TwilightShade

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamadecoy on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Four years ago I took a key boarding class in high school, but was so bored with it I joined the RP forums of one of the girls in the class to have something to do when I finished my work 10 minutes into class. It was a BIG fighting site and I have never ever posted on a forum before. In fact, I never fought in RPs before. The girl in my class pulled some strings to have the best RP fighter on the site try to teach me how the system worked. A couple posts later I had beaten this so-called best fight without even trying and never fought on an RP forum ever again.

By the looks of this site I can assume the people there aren't as fail as the people on that site were, but I dunno... It left a real bad taste in my mouth. I'll check it out! I'm sure I'd be able to do it, it's just a matter of whether I want to or not. I'm used to doing more novel-styled or game-styled RPs than fighting ones! Groups still scare me... And I like to ramble OOC, yes >.>

iamadecoy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:43 pm

WELCOME!!!
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penguin on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Ooh, I'm not the only newbie to this site. Excellent.

I used to write regularly for a long, long time, but my creative mojo somehow vanished a year or three back. I'm making the attempt to get back into it, but I'm willing to bet I'm a touch rusty here and there. That said, if you wanted to partake in a nice, easy RP with no time expectations as to posting, I'd be more than willing to take you up on your offer of narrative banter. I work a random set of eight hours every day, so I may not always be on in the evening to fire off replies, but I can more or less guarantee that I'll check in every day for a couple hours.

Where have all my manners gone? Howdy. Pleased to meet'cha and all that good forum stuff. Hope to bump into you at some point around here. =]
Roffle my filaffle.

Penguin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Ookami on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:40 pm

windowed-dreams-ooc-t8629.html

^ =3 There's the roleplay... I can't exactly state a length or anything, but yeah. ^^;

Arctic Ookami
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vespa on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Hello!

I'm new to RolePlayGateway as well. =) I love to write but haven't been pushing myself to do so lately. Role playing has always been enjoyable for me, and it has been a little while since I've joined a forum for it. Like Penguin, I have a relatively busy schedule, but I would love to get a couple posts in per day! Something light would be best for me to start out with, I believe. I'm a little rusty and could use some practice.

As for my name, you can call me Vespa. I look forward to role playing here! =)

Vespa
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!