Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anthro RolePlay Interest Check

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Anthro RolePlay Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:15 pm

I came up with idea that I thought would be really cool for an RP. Seeing as two of my threads died on their second day... I decided not to take risks and to try an interest check first. If enough people are interested then I'll make an OOC thread! :D

History: Anthros had always been believed to be something made up for stories, games, and movies. For years it was just a story told to children to put them to sleep of a legend from another culture. Until the year 2856 when a strange planet almost exactly like earth was discovered. This planet had trees, plants, water, deserts, and even the same air as Earth. It was inhabitable by humans, even. The only difference was the layout of the land but that was to be expected.

On this 'second Earth', a new race was discovered. A race which was quickly named Anthro. The reason? Each individual was, indeed, like a walking, talking animal. They, too, wore clothes, spoke English, and even had hands. There were cats, dogs, rabbits, and every other earth animal imaginable! They were like humans in that their height varied between each individual but their average height was about the same as humans.

These anthros were welcoming and friendly, not hesitating to greet the humans and show them around. The humans, however, wanted to study this newly discovered race. A science lab was built on the planet and several were taken to be studied in every way possible, from breathing to exercise to eating habits. Every area that could possibly be studied was studied. Several were even taken back to Earth to be studied in Earth's environment.

Some of the Anthros were only too happy to oblige and be studied since it offered them a chance to study the humans. However, a large majority were displeased by the humans' actions. Many began attacking the lab and any humans they saw in an attempt to chase out the invadors while some sided with and protected the humans as much as possible.

So this role play would be about the scientists and Anthros which are kept at a lab. What I want to know is would everyone prefer the RP be located on earth with only the few chosen Anthros and several scientists or would you prefer it be located on the home planet of the Anthros where there would be more anthros than people? I want you're input.

Also, for those of you who don't know what an anthro is, here's a definition. Anthros are like human/animal cross breeds. Take a cat, for example, give it the basic human body structure (ability to walk around like us, hands, skeleton, etc.) but leave the fur, and give it speech. In this rp they're human enough that they have to wear clothes. They can also have hair.
FRIENDS: Will look at you like you're crazy when you tell them you're an alien from outerspace.
BEST FRIENDS: Will break you out of the loony bin and drive you to New Mexico to meet up with the mothership.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
Who was the first person to say "See that chicken over there... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out of its butt"?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Anthro RolePlay Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Hmm, I thought of a Anthro RP already, but I didn't set a plot. I wub yours! I found a Anthro RPG if your instrsted. BTW, I am so joining this! My idea was to make an Anthro only warish one, but hmm. I think you should do it on earth, more familliar for people.

There should be two, no more, no less. One to embody power, one to crave it. "
- Darth Bane
" I? I am peace, I am salvation."
- Grave mind

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaslu on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:21 pm

*gasp* advertising our plot?! Good idea :3 I'm in.
imahugefaggotplsignorethis.

Reaslu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Lol. It was a wonderful idea and I wanted to see how many people were interested! XP If we could get a few more people...

Seijun13
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reaslu on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:35 pm

yupp. 2 people does not a good Anthro RP make. :3

Reaslu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 pm

ever played Ironcalw? It's fun, and you can still RP on it!

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Sorry to say this but I've never heard of Ironclaw. What is it?

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:39 pm

An anthro RPG/RP. And it's MMO and free! I'll send you the link if you want

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

That sounds like fun! :3

...Wow. Three people... Wow...

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:48 pm

teh link, but you have to sign up. http://www.skotos.net/games/ironclaw/
You can get more people to join on there I think... but I'm in prison in the game so I can't go anywhere. Stupid RP on that site.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Wow. It looks interesting.

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm in. No questions.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Comrade Vacilli on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Anthor are number one.. I'm going to use the same one as the one I use for Ironclaw.

Comrade Vacilli
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijun13 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Wow. Just four people? Oh well. I'm bored of waiting and don't feel like waiting for forever so I'm going to make an OOC thread and we'll continue from there. Sound like a plan?

EDIT: And here's the link for your viewing enjoyment! Trapped ((OOC/Signups))

Seijun13
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!