Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Aren't there 5 walls not 4 (Joke topic)

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Aren't there 5 walls not 4 (Joke topic)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical_Madness on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:05 am

Everyone always says that one is breaking the fourth wall when one's ooc character get's involved with an ic characters affairs and it is widely assumed that there are only 4 walls. However there are in fact five walls not four. The fifth wall is you irl, you are often talking on some pc or electronically device behind the safety of a screen. One can not break this wall unless they meet some one irl right however for the sake of realism let's imagine some one could. We all know the ooc is filled with random rocket launchers, grenades, tanks, explosions, revivals and respawns. Now imagine jumping into that universe. All of a sudden you would find guns and swords pointing at you, people being thrown around and perhaps on occasion a flying sheep. This being a universe of random events you pull out a gun and start shooting people and hitting people with bats. Heck you eat some random bloke who had done nothing wrong. You then get shot, you die and then you respawn or are revived. The ooc is filled with madness and chaos and you suddenly feel everything that is happening. You die there through the fourth wall irl you is alright but it you break the fifth wall unless revived you are dead thus the reason for the fifth wall.

There is a reason why things that happen on pcs stay on pcs... DONT BREAK THE FIFTH WALL!!
I am a manifestation of your delusions, I am the moment of destruction after the agony of loss, I am the essence of your nightmares, I am the deepest sorrow of your soul and the greatest lust within your mind... I am Methodical Madness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Methodical_Madness
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!