Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We Can't Help It, Sorry.

a topic in School-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: We Can't Help It, We're Teenagers! ( High School Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Owen went to give the girl her skateboard. Rachel looked anxiously after him, hoping to see if the girl was alright. She had seen the scratch in her deck, but she was more concerned about the girl's wellbeing.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Ricky was interrupted with her trail of thoughts, by a knock on the door. She looked at it, and listened. "I have your skateboard! "Uhm, it's a nice board! And it's yours, so uhm, come and get it...?" It was the boy that was holding my board..." Ricky thought to herself. His voice sounded nice and kind. Also, she noticed a hint of confusion in it. "He doesn't sound like he's laughing..." She thought, then stepped away from the wall. She opened the door, and saw him standing there. She kindly and shyly smiled, looking into his eyes. "Thanks." She placed her hands on the board, and since she didn't wanna seem rude, she waited 'till he let go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 pm

The girl seemed okay. Rachel breathed a sigh of relief.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Ricky looked at all of them. One thing she hated about herself, was that she was too shy to make friends by herself. No matter how much she wanted to be friends with a person, she usually just sat back and waited 'till they talked to her, so then she could open up. She knew if she wanted to make friends, but they didn't recognize her, she'd have to open up. She tried countless time in the past to try to open up. A fair few were successful. "I'm... my name's Ricky, by the way."

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Owen quickly let go of her skateboard, meeting her gaze. “I know your name,” he mumbled. He backtracked quickly. “I know most people’s names. You’re probably in one of my classes.” Noticing her shy smile, he flashed her a reassuring one, hoping that she didn’t think he was a freak. That was the last thing he wanted that day.

“So…Want to come out now? You should meet Rachel and Paige. They’re nice,” he said simply, hoping she would. “There’s this other girl, I think. Can’t remember her name though…” He started to walk way slowly, with a slight bounce in his step. Turning slightly backwards, he looked quizzically at Ricky. “You coming?”

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Paige sighed and finished off the cigarette, throwing it into the road. She rubbed her arm and a small smile slid onto her face until she hit that bruise cut thing again. She moved the rubbing to scratching the back of her head, again messing up the shorter choppy hair that was back there. She laughed nervously.
"Well... I guess she's okay." she spoke to Rachel and Xanthra as she watched for Owen and the other girl to come back down.
She pulled out the gum again ad held it out in Rachel's direction.
"uhh.. you want a piece? Y'know... since I didn't get to give you one before?"

ticklemetoxxic
Member for 16 years

“I know your name,” the boy mumbled. Confusion quickly fogged her mind, as Ricky looked at him. “I know most people’s names. You’re probably in one of my classes.” He quickly answered. She giggled at that, as she figured he must've realized what he had said. "Yeah, I think I have seen him before..." She thought. “So…Want to come out now? You should meet Rachel and Paige. They’re nice,There’s this other girl, I think. Can’t remember her name though…” He said, as he took a few steps. Ricky saw him turn around and glance at her. "“You coming?”" Ricky thought to herself. "Why not? This looked as though it'll end up with me being friends with them... atleast, I hope it will." She looked at him and said, "Sure." Smiling, she followed him.

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Owen was bringing the girl over. Rachel heard Paige speak to her and looked round in surprise. The other girl was offering her gum. Hesitantly, Rachel took it.

"Thanks," she said, placing it in her mouth and moving her dark hair out of her face, revealing a couple of freckles on her cheeks and nose. She started chewing the gum. "It's good." She managed a smile at Paige, feeling included.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Paige grinned, feeling the awkwardness wash away. She nodded and plopped herself down on the ground, but not before looking up the hill and waving towards Owen and that other girl.
"Oy, you too! Hurry up! I wanna meet her!" she pointed at the girl Owen was with and a giggle made it's way through her lips.
She lied back on the ground and looked up at the clouds sighing. Now they would be able to go somewhere really fun... maybe the game center... or the movies.....or the mall.....ohhohhh or maybe the amusement park! Paige's mind went on a self rant trying to thing of something they could all do together.
A vibration from her pocket reminded her that she missed a call. She sat up and pulled her phone out of her pocket, clicking an outside button to see who had called. The smile slid off her face as she read that there was a text message from Ariel. She flipped open and read it.

"Paige, don't worry about the fight later on, just watch your back...I heard they were looking for you."

Paige groaned and placed her phone on the ground next to her.
"geez... like I could take the three of them by myself..." she grumbled to herself.

ticklemetoxxic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Owen grinned, and looked at Ricky. Taking her hand, he pulled her over to the group, careful not to hurt her. His small, child like hand was tiny compared to her's. The nervousness of holding a stranger's hand didn't occur to him. Things like that didn't.

When he came to the group, he let go of her hand, and plopped down on the ground next to Paige. "Sit down too," he said to Ricky, "if you want to." He didn't miss the smile on Paige's face, and smiled himself, absorbing her happier mood. Then she opened her phone, and read something. The smile wasn't there anymore on her face.

"Paige...what's wrong?" he asked, his tone curious and careful. "Who was that?"

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Paige jumped slightly, Owens voice had scared her since she was absorbed in her own thoughts. She turned to look at him and quickly smacked a smile onto her face, and added a laugh for good measure. She didn't really want her new friends, who seemed to not know about her....tendancy to fight, or her trouble with the school board.
" Oh nothing, my ex-girlfriend just texted me, she can be annoying sometimes."

She pulled the pack of gum from her pocket once again and offered it to Owen.
"Want a piece?"

She looked up at the new girl and smiled.
"Whats your name? I'm Paige, nice to meet you."

ticklemetoxxic
Member for 16 years

Ricky walked behind Owen. She saw him stop for a sec and look at her. She was wondering why he had stopped, and was surprised when he had suddenly grabbed her hand. It had been in a nice and friendly way. He started walking, again. Ricky felt calm as they reached the others. Owen had sat down, and looked up at her. "Sit down too," he said nicely, "if you want to." Ricky smiled, and sat down. She noticed Owen's smile, and when he turned to face Paige, it had disappeared. "Paige...what's wrong?" he asked, his tone curious and careful. "Who was that?" Ricky noticed a hint of mood change into sadness in his voice. Ricky looked at Paige, and was curious to find out what bothered her as well. Paige quickly turned her frown upside-down and looked at Owen. " Oh nothing, my ex-girlfriend just texted me, she can be annoying sometimes."She pulled the pack of gum from her pocket once again and offered it to Owen.
"Want a piece?" She looked at Ricky, " "Whats your name? I'm Paige, nice to meet you."

Ricky smiled more comfortably, "I'm Ricky."

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Paige’s smile didn’t really convince him, but he smiled back a bit too. He took the gum eagerly, shoving the piece into his mouth. Trying to blow a bubble, he gave up after many tries, yet another thing he couldn’t do.

“Ex girlfriend, eh?” He said, bobbing his head up and down. “You like girls?” Owen didn’t say this in a mean way; the idea of her dating a girl boggled him slightly. He didn’t expect it at all. “What can I say myself? I had a boyfriend before.” He blew a bubble, this time it actually worked, and it popped, the sugary substance going all over his mouth. “Argh, stupid, stupid gum,” he grumbled, prying it off with his fingers, and chewed it again. “What are we gonna do today?”

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Ricky looked at Paige, then down at the pack of gum she was holding. It was her favorite brand and flavor, so she reached for a piece. She looked up at Paige, smiling thankfully, "Thanks." While she unwrapped the gum, she heard Owen say, "Ex girlfriend, eh? You like girls?" Ricky popped the gum in her mouth, and while she crumpled the wrap into a tiny ball pensitively, she looked up at Owen. To her, his tone sounded teasingly and playfull. But his face didn't show those emotions at all. Infact, his face had no emotion at all. "Guess I was wrong..." She thought to herself. She looked down at the tiny wrapper ball in her hands. “What can I say myself? I had a boyfriend before.” Owen said. "Is he being sarcastic? 'Cuz if he is, then he's pretty good at keeping a straight face..." Ricky thought to herself. Silence fell through each of them, except for a weird blowing noise. Ricky looked up and say Owen blowing a big bubble with his gum. She kept staring to see how big it could get. As he blew more, the bubble suddenly popped, and hung all around his mouth. Ricky smiled at that. The smile had really intended to be a good-heartedly giggle, but Ricky decided to hold it back, as she thought it may hurt her new friend's feelings. “Argh, stupid, stupid gum,” Owen grumbled, prying it off with his fingers, and chewed it again. She covered her lips with her left fist, as the giggle kept threatning to come out. “What are we gonna do today?”
Ricky looked down. "Hmm, I thought we were gonna stay here..." She thought.

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Paige nodded to Owens question as she pocketed her gum. By the look on his face she couldn't tell what he was thinking. She leaned back on her shoulders.
" Yep, I..." she paused " I guess you could say.." she raised her hand slightly and rolled her wrist as she spoke in a lame attempt to make it seem fancy"... I like the best of both worlds". She lowered her hand and turned her head to face the sky. she looked at those around her in order to see if there were any bad reactions. She heard Owen mention hat he had a boyfriend before and her eyes moved to scan his face. Though his words would imply he held no judgments his face was hard to read.

Paige tapped her tongue ring against the inside of her teeth and looked around at them, a smile returning itself to her face. She figured she might as well have some fun before she got into another fight.

" Soooooo~.... what do ya'll wanna do?"

ticklemetoxxic
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanitanaw on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Owen chewed his gum, thinking of everything that happened that day. His thoughts were all a jumble as usual, and he smiled impishly. “Best of both worlds…I like that,” he remarked honestly, and a little bit glumly. “I suppose I’m like that too.” His tone was sincere, and he hoped that nobody thought he was just joking. He started to brood, remembering just last month, how things had ended badly with his boyfriend. The corner of his lips pulled down.

“Anyways,” he said, breaking out of his reverie. “You laughing at me? Ricky, you laughing at me and my gum?” He smiled again, returning to normal, his tone lighter than before. “I want ice-cream…” he murmured, his sentence trailing off.

Tanitanaw
Member for 16 years

Ricky was really thinking. She really was. She was thinking of a place they could all go and hang out. " Yep, I..." She heard Paige start saying. She noted a sorta playfull tone in her voice. Ricky looked up at her. "I guess you could say.." Paige raised her hand slightly and rolled her wrist as she spoke in a lame attempt to make it seem fancy"... I like the best of both worlds". Ricky couldn't help but smile at that. It was random, and she loved random comedy. "Best of both worlds... where have I heard that before?" Ricky asked to no one in particular, pensitively. "Oh, yeah. Hannah Montana. Love that show..." Ricky said, in a happy mood. Realizing that she was being completely past random, she looked down, and began to think again.

" Soooooo~.... what do ya'll wanna do?" Paige said. Ricky had no idea...

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Ricky was really thinking. She really was. She was thinking of a place they could all go and hang out. " Yep, I..." She heard Paige start saying. She noted a sorta playfull tone in her voice. Ricky looked up at her. "I guess you could say.." Paige raised her hand slightly and rolled her wrist as she spoke in a lame attempt to make it seem fancy"... I like the best of both worlds". Ricky couldn't help but smile at that. It was random, and she loved random comedy. "Best of both worlds... where have I heard that before?" Ricky asked to no one in particular, pensitively. "Oh, yeah. Hannah Montana. Love that show..." Ricky said, in a happy mood.

" Soooooo~.... what do ya'll wanna do?" Paige said. Ricky had no idea...

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

Paige looked at Ricky and grinned. She leaned forward onto her palms and lifted one hand to Ricky's head. Paige ruffled Ricky's head and laughed a little.
" Yes! Our Shy, Shy Ricky, has officially made the first crack in her shell!"
She leaved back onto her elbows. and thought about Owens comment on ice cream. It didn't sound like a bad idea, except the fact it wasn't REALLY hot out. Realizing that she didn't have a hoodie she shivered slightly rubbing her left arm, since she remembered that touching her right arm would hurt. She turned to Owen and nodded.
"Ice cream sounds A-OK to me... but... where do we get it?"

She lied back down putting her arms behind her head and staring up into the clouds. This was soooooo much better than swimming class. Paige's smile faltered as the thought of getting into a fight later, but she quickly covered it up.

ticklemetoxxic
Member for 16 years

Ricky just now started to realize what she had said. "Oh, no... Did I just say I liked the show Hannah Montana? Since when?" Ricky argued with herself in her mind. She had watched the show once, and was pretty sure she hated it, because it had drama. Now, she randomly says that she loves it!! Ricky couldn't understand, since when did she start liking drama? "Oh, wait... that show also has comedy... no wonder I like it..." Ricky remembered, and she calmed down. She placed her hands on the grass and leaned back.
Paige suddenly grabbed her arm, and raised it upwards. Ricky looked at her. "Yes! Our Shy, Shy Ricky, has officially made the first crack in her shell!" Paige said in a playfull and nice way. Her face was smiling brightly, which had Ricky convinced that she wasn't teasing. A smile crepped on Ricky's face. Paige let go of her arm, and lied down on the grass.
Before Ricky could look somewhere else, she had spotted the slight frown that had appeared on Paige's face. Then, as fast as it had appeared, it disappeared. "I wonder if there's anything bothering her... maybe she's bored..." Ricky thought, and became sad. She didn't want to give these teens the impression that she was boring; she had just met them, and they seemed really good friends. Ricky quickly thought of something to say. "You bored?" She asked Paige. "Oh, great... I could see the answer now..." Ricky tortured herself.

Alevera Sue Twister
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!