Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

If I Changed Everything But My Name

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

If I Changed Everything But My Name

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Thu May 15, 2008 2:15 pm

5:30, 14th July 2009, Gare du Midi Train Station, Brussels, Belgium

It was so early that Leith couldn't see for the tears brought on by a huge yawn that had been dragged unwillingly from him, over his shoulder was slung a backpack, and a hold-all was in his hand as he stepped through the entrance gates of the Gare du Midi.
He could see his classmates all right, a lot of them chatting, or looking anxious, several were sprawled atop their suitcases, almost asleep, Leith grinned at the sight, despite his weariness.
He was tall, not as tall as many of his friends, but taller than most fifteen year-olds, and he had scruffy brown hair spiked untidily forwards so it looked like he had run a hand from back to front and the hair had stayed there, although he also looked like he'd slept with it like that.
His eyes were the truly amazing feature of him, they were incredible, intense, chocolate-brown pools of mischief and emotion, so warm and comforting that he barely had to lift the corners of his mouth to look like he was happy, although at the moment they looked slightly overshadowed with sleepiness.
He dropped his bags on a stocky, blonde boy who was snuggled between a suitcase and a carry-all, he sat up and glared reproachfully at Leith's retreating back. He told the teacher, who looked rushed off her feet, who he was, which class he was in, whether he had his passport, handed over his money and left before she started asking for his shoe size and favorite brand of socks.
He went back to the blonde boy, who threw the rucksack back at him with a grin, "All right Sunshine?" He asked, Leith pushed him playfully, Sunshine, Sunshine on Leith, a good song, but not a nickname he appreciated.
"We're going Charlie," Leith said in his warm, rich Scottish accent, unable to hide his excitement. They had been waiting for this moment for days, weeks, excruciating months, waiting through those endless exams. The thought of the exam room still made Leith feel slightly nauseous.
Charlie couldn't restrain a returning grin, although, even though the smile warmed his sparkling blue eyes to the point of looking like they were glowing, it was nothing compared to the restrained, yet free grin that Leith, who had fallen backwards to lean against his hold-all, was now giving the ceiling.
"You think it'll really be that good?" Charlie asked, Leith nodded, he was certain, it had to be, they'd waited so long for this.

---------------------------

This is a roleplay about a whole year of kids who, having finished their end-of-year exams, have been packed off to the South of France for two weeks, they will be going to the beach some days, shopping on others, they will be staying beside a lake, with the opportunity to body-board, sail, surf, swim, bike, whatever.

They will be camping in five-man tents, anyone can share a tent with anyone, but no switching once you've chosen your tent-mates, if there is someone you'd like to share a tent with, ask them before doing so. If you wish to share a tent with Charlie and/or Leith, just go into their tent and say you're staying with them, you were told to by someone or other.

The trip takes two hours by train, and five minutes to walk to the campsite.

In reality, the trip would take seven hours by train and two by bus, but I thought I'd be kind and shorten it...

OKAY, we're at the Gare du Midi, a Belgian train station, we board the train in ten minutes, post your introduction and GO GO GO!
You passed your exams, you deserve to have fun.
'Call me a Philistine but I can't see the justification in the 'Petrification As Art' business.'

'Art justifies everything.'

'Uh, no, it doesn't, one-nil to me. Next?'

Doctor Who, The Stone Rose

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: If I Changed Everything But My Name

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Thu May 15, 2008 2:40 pm

(OOC: this looks pretty good, mind if I join? Do I need to post my character first, or just include the important stuff in the first post? Also, I'm guessing they're british?)
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Thu May 15, 2008 2:44 pm

OoC: Not at all, go right ahead. You can just describe them in the post, but if you want to do a character bio, be my guest, it doesn't matter what nationality they are, but they came from a school in England.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Thu May 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Rosaline- Anaïs Thorne sat on the floor of the train station, looking as if she would very much like to punch something (which wasn’t far from the truth). Travelling always made her feel sick, and inevitably, this made her throw up. Once that embarrassing event was over, she’d been forced to endure the humiliation of everyone sat close to her inching as far away as possible, and the teachers asking her if she felt ok every ten minutes. Growling in frustration, she ran a hand through her shoulder-length, dyed-purple hair and stood up, heaving her bags off, looking for her friends. She was much shorter than them, and if not for her ‘mature’ figure, she would probably be mistaken for a little kid. Her Stormy blue-grey eyes scanned the crowds, eventually resting on Leith and Charlie. “Hello boys.” She said in a fake American accent, sounding like a damsel in distress from some corny film. “I would very much appreciate it if one of you strrrrong gentlemen could help me out with this here luggage.” She continued, trying hard not to laugh.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Thu May 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Charlie, having given the girl a once-over with his bright blue gaze, leapt to his feet spritely, followed by a less-than-perky Leith, hauling himself upright to help her.
"Not at all m'lady," The stocky boy said, ruffling his soft, blonde hair with one hand, imitating her fake accent as gallantly as he could, and taking one of her bags in the other, Leith rolled his eyes and made for another, "Where do you want 'em," He asked, before adding with a teasing grin, "M'lady,"

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Thu May 15, 2008 3:08 pm

"Um.. To tell the truth I'm not sure." She said, laughing a little and lapsing back into her usual 'north-west-upper-class' accent. "I'm going on this thing with my school. The train leaves in about 10 minutes, but I have no idea where from." She smiled guiltily. "Hang on a seccond... I think..you're in my school too, right?" She said, laughing again at how dumb she must have been not to recognise them.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Sander Williams walked to the train station his eyes blank he put his bags down and began to yawn then he blew his black hair out of his blue eyes.walking towards a couple of kids his age"Has the train to France left yet."Sander asked with a heavy Carribean accent he stared at his dark skinned hand as he waited for an answer or more specifically the scar on it.
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Thu May 15, 2008 8:31 pm

(OOC So we can jump right in no long character bios to fill out will edit my post if that is needed)

Chris Azra walking down the platform looking at his watch let out a relived sigh seeing that there is still 10 minutes before the train is supposed to leave now only one problem remained actually finding the train looking around for some familiar face Chris spots a few people from school sitting at the bench near them he elected not to speak just watch he did this often because he’s American so if someone didn’t notice his white as snow hair then they would notice his unmistakable dialect.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Fri May 16, 2008 12:44 am

OoC: None at all, they waste time in my opinion.

BiC: "Nah," Charlie said with a grin, "It hasn't left yet, but it goes in ten minutes," He said, removing a hand from the back of his neck where he had been rubbing it and finished with, "So we should probably get a move on,"
This last was directed at Leith, who had appeared behind him, and nodded in agreement.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat May 17, 2008 3:00 am

While she'd been standing there, Rosaline's hand had absent mindedly crept to her sliver necklace, playing with the small pendant, which was shaped like the two masks of comedy and tragedy. Her gradfather had given it to her for her 12th birthday, knowing she loved acting. He had died the year before and she had sworn to make something of herself, for him. "Okay, lets get going then." she said with a grin, snapping out of the memory.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Sat May 17, 2008 3:36 am

The two boys nodded and made their way towards the train, still with the girl's bags, they were hurridly shepherded on the train, apparently it had been arranged that it would stay unusually long to allow them time to get on, as there were a great number of them, the usual commuters ten second dash was not going to be helpful.
They looked back at the girl from the train, "Can you manage from here?" Leith asked, "We need to get our own stuff,"

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat May 17, 2008 3:39 am

"Sure. Thanks for your help." She said, taking her bags from them. "Maybe I'll see you around." She smiled at the two boys, then wandered off to find a seat.

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Sat May 17, 2008 3:46 am

The two lads nodded, "Any time," and leapt off the train again, ignoring the irritated growl of the teacher who was supposed to be keeping them aboard.
They put their own rucksacks on and dragged their luggage back to the train, storing it in the overhead bits that Charlie claimed would one day open and kill them all with flying handbags. Leith ignored his friend's warning and sat down, sticking his rucksack under his chair and watching people pass by the window, Charlie put his bag on the seat opposite him and sat with his mp3 in his ears and paying no attention to anything around him.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Sat May 17, 2008 9:45 am

Following the group to the train and getting on Chris began looking for an open seat seeing many of the seats taken by someone’s bags and being t shy to ask them to move it he paced up and down the train cars looking qnd hoping someone would remove there bags or possibly offer him a seat.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chewy1028 on Sat May 17, 2008 10:09 am

Joshua Williams glanced back at the trainstation and boarded the train. "Sweet Freedom.." He said under his breath. He brushed his hazelnut brown hair out of his eyes and began searching for a seat. It seemed as if everyone here knew eachother. He hadnt been very outgoing that year since his mother had died of cancer that year. He wasnt sad. He just didnt want to get too close to anyone too quickly and then learn that they would soon be gone too.
http://www.californiahigh123.proboards.com/index.cgi

Enjoy High School RolePlay? Then Here's the place for you ^^^.

chewy1028
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Sat May 17, 2008 10:22 am

"Y'know someone might want to sit there," Leith said, shooting a look at Charlie, who ignored him, engrossed in his music, sighing, Leith stood up and shifted his friend's bag onto the floor, digging a battered black DS from his own, how many people had laughed at him for his Nintendogs, he had just shrugged. Though, for the sake of his pride, he had left Tardis, Buddy and Dusty at home in the care of his sister.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chewy1028 on Sat May 17, 2008 10:32 am

Josh saw that one cabin was open. It was also aoccupied by two other people. One of which was listening to music and the other that was playing on his Nintendo. He wasnt a huge fan of video games. he would play them from time to time. "Excuse me... is this seat taken?"

chewy1028
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sat May 17, 2008 10:47 am

Where Rosaline was sitting, there was a group of rowdy boys making a lot of noise. Sighing, she stood up and grabbed her bags, looking for somewhere else to sit.She came to a compartment that only had three people inside, and thought it might be a little quieter in there. She knocked lightly on the door and poked her head in. "Is there any room in here?"

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat May 17, 2008 11:16 am

Sander quickly climbed on the train with his bags and looked for a seat he opened the door too one of the seats and saw the kids from the train station."mind If I sit here.

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sunshine_on_leith on Sat May 17, 2008 11:47 am

"Yeah, go ahead," Leith said, looking up at the two boys and the girl he recognised, as, evidently, Charlie wasn't about to answer, "The more the merrier," He recognised the boys from school, but didn't think he'd ever spoken to them much.

sunshine_on_leith
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!