Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Downtown New York City

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Downtown New York City

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavier_Constantine on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:40 pm

He stepped out onto the street at ground level. A warm breeze rustled his neck-length hair as it made its way down the busy street. He turned into the wind and headed up the street.
Most people wouldn't have noticed the plain, steel door. Xavier did though. He spent enough time in that dank little bar. He reached for the handle and pulled the door towards himself. The smell of cigarette smoke and alcohol filled his nostrils as the scents rushed past him to the fresh outdoor air. He stepped inside.
His eyes adjusted to the dark room in front of him. A modest sized establishment, though it reeked with smoke and drink. The dim lights hardly illuminated the bar at the far end, or any of the tables at the sides. In the middle sat a pool table, hardly touched by the occupants of the bar, too drunk or depressed to play. This is where he belonged. He walked across the room to the bar, glancing at familiar faces as he passed by, no one spoke much in here. The old music rang from an ancient sound system on the left wall, it's tune suitable to the bleak atmosphere of the bar. The stool sighed as he sat on it, a sign of the weight he had begun to put on since after the war. It's amazing what depression and alcohol can do to a fine tuned soldier. Jim the bar keep walked over to him.
"Back again Xavier?"
"Just get me my drink Jim. I'm not in the mood"
"Are you ever"
Jim attended to other costumers as he readied my drink. Scotch on the rocks, my only peace in a world that was torn apart.
"Damned colonists. . ."
The drink was down his throat the instant it reached his hands. He really had let himself go from the well-mannered young grunt he had been. Back when he wouldn't think of touching a drink, back when war had meaning, ideals. Back when his wife was alive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xavier_Constantine
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 pm

As Gabriel stepped out of his meeting with Warren he lifted a small black phone from his pocket and dialed a number that had been in his memory for quite sometime. The phone began to ring into Gabriel's ear.

A ring tone echoed through the tiny backwater bar. The man known as Xavier reached into the pocket of his pants and pulled out the very same phone Gabriel had used from Warren's office.

"Hello?"

Xavier's depressed voice ran through Gabriel's ear piece. A small smile creased Gabe's lips.

"It's been a long time friend..."

"Gabe?"

"Oui Xavier. 'Tis me. I 'ave somet'ing to speak wit' you about. Per'aps we can meet in person? Are you at de usual place?"

"Yeah..."

Gabriel smiled as he hung up the phone about to make his way toward the bar where Xavier usually spent his time now a days. He looked own the office corradors and decided to leave his Aries there. It would be fine. He trusted Warren.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavier_Constantine on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:24 pm

Xavier turned in his seat as he heard the door open at the far end of the bar.
"That was quick"
The man named Gabriel walked across the dark bar to his old comrade. Xavier raised his glass in greeting, and motioned for Gabriel to take a seat beside him. Xavier leaned back on his stool and took Gabriel in. He hadn't changed much since Xavier had last seen him.
"So, what do you want?"

Xavier_Constantine
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:39 pm

He smiled to himself as he quietly took the seat. What a greeting he got. After a year of almost no contact he got such a blunt welcome. Same old Xavier. He raised a hand in the air and when he got the keepers attention he pointed to Xavier's drink and held up two fingers. The keep dropped two scotches on the bar in front of them. Gabriel didn't like to talk much so he put it off until he downed the drink in one drink.

"I 'ave a proposition for you."

Gabriel turned on his stool to see Xavier finish his first drink and shoot him a baffled look before Gabriel continued. He liked leaving people in the dark.

"What about?"

"I 'ave joined forces with a man named Warrius, I believe 'im to be a public figure. Even dough 'e is an experienced fighter."

Gabriel smiled thinking of fighting beside Warrius. It was quite exhilarating and bringing back memories of the war past. If Xavier decided to join with him, it really would be old times.

Xavier and Gabriel were old war buddies. They fought for White Fang with Zechs. Back when he was Zechs. Now he went under his real name for the most part. Milliardo Peacecraft. He smiled thinking of the old days for a moment before remembering the more hideous times. He had made a vain attempt to removed those from his memory.

"Are you interested Xavier? In fighting again. 'aving a purpose again."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavier_Constantine on Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:03 pm

For the first time in a long while, Xavier was speechless. Of all things, he couldn't believe Gabe wanted to get him back into the war. After what had happened to his wife. . .
"You want me to fight again,"
Xavier struggled with his emotions, something Gabe noted and tilted his head to the side and observed his old friend
"Is somet'ing de matter?"
"She's dead Gabe, the colonists killed her. . . Michelle is dead."
Gabe kept himself composed. Michelle had been a wonderful person he recalled, had married Xavier right after the war, Gabe had been the best man.
"Dis is terrible news ami. Mic'elle was a great girl... What of dis child dat you 'ave mentioned?"
"She was pregnant when they killed her Gabe. They killed my wife, and they killed my child, and I couldn't stop them."

Xavier turned away from Gabe, gazed at the blank wall and waited for his comrade's response.

Xavier_Constantine
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:10 pm

Gabriel's mouth dropped open in shock. He had known that Xavier had fallen out of his normal routine and had become a depressant, but this was all news to him. Gabriel managed to close his open mouth before Xavier could notice his shock and slowly rose a hand in the air. Two fingers went up before pointing to his drink. Gabriel nodded to the tender and the keeper nodded back. He slipped the glass in front of him. Gabriel picked it up and knocked back the double before motioning for another.

He turned back to Xavier while picking up the second drink.

"Why...why didn't you tell me ami? I would 'ave flown out in a second to see you."

Gabriel was totally stunned. He couldn't believe the colonies killed his wife Michelle. She was such a wonderful woman, and Xavier's child. That explained so much.

"Mic'elle was such a wonderful woman, she didn't deserve dis..."

Gabriel mumbled as he swirled the double scotch before knocking it back. He turned back to Xavier with a hopeful look in his vibrant green eyes.

"'ere is your chance to get de colonies back Xavier. 'ow about it? You and I re-livin' old times mon ami."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavier_Constantine on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:00 pm

Xavier looked hard at Gab. His old comrade stared back equally as serious.
"You realize what you're asking me to do, don't you?"
Gab nodded
"Take your time if you must mon ami, I will wait if you need."
"No. You are right. It's well time that I did something with myself. I have nothing left here to live for, and that is that. We're going to war my friend."
"Dat is de spirit."
Two more drinks were ordered up and the friends toasted to they're future victory. War was indeed beginning, and two new recruits had joined the Cause.

Xavier_Constantine
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:11 pm

Gabriel knocked back the next two drinks beginning to vaguely feel the effects of the scotch in his system. He was never a huge drinker. Just a smoker.
Gabriel pulled out on of his cigarettes and lit it before removing his black cell phone that was identical to Xavier's. He lit the tip of the smoke before replacing the lighter in his pocket. Opening up the phone he took a huge drag and pressed a few buttons.

"De first t'ing to do, is to get you an MS. And I know just de guy to 'elp us."

Gabriel hit the last button on the phone and removed the cigarette from his lips after another huge drag. He smiled over at Xavier as the phone rang.

"Allo Frankie? You've got anot'er customer."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!