Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

dragonknights(Ic)need people!!!

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

dragonknights(Ic)need people!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

the only sound is the sound of wings beating heavy at the air as Tazz and his guard Garo soar through the air on there dragons.
*sigh* "why must everyday be so long, and uneventful. it's is as if the kingdom just became mute and unexciting" Tazz asks Garo.
"I dont know sire i wish i did know but i dont" Garo said quietly.
As they kept flying they notice the kingdom of Lightwing and decide to drop in for a visit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tazz74
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: dragonknights(Ic)need people!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aven on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 pm

The kingdom of Lightwing was a sight to behold. Grand spires designed in the most delicate of shapes rose from the surface of a lake. Every stone was of the whitest snow, not a spot to be had. It was as if a dream had taken shape. In the evening, just as the sun was setting, lighting the world with rays of oranges and reds the castle came to life. Its reflection on the water was of breathtaking beauty... fitting. From a distance one would think of spun sugar. It looked as if one single touch would break the walls, crush the courtyards.. bring the whole place down in ruins. But there were few other castles as strong as this. It could withstand a hundred years of sieging, if one could find room to fit such an army on the island, that is.

She was an angel. Well, a half angel to be exact. Queen of a forgotten land, exiled by those of her 'kind'. She was a halfbreed, and though among the creatures of the earth she appeared beautiful, to the creatures of the heavens she was a disgrace. An accident that never should have left her mother's womb. A weakness.

Her mother had been human, instilling in the girl a sense of belonging. Every night they would walk the island and her mother would tell her stories of her father. Of his beauty, and of his valor. She would pain pictures for her, pictures of mighty battles, and of great love. And so she was named Divine. In her mother's eyes that is what she was. A divine being, a blessing...

Divine reminisced on the beach, her bare toes in the wet sand. Her dragon, Arithion was fishing, his body submerged beneath the waves of the lake. He often enjoyed terrorizing the fish, since his companion would not allow him to terrorize the people. He didn't understand why, it wasn't like he was going to eat them. Her blue eyes went up toward the sky just as Tazz approached. She was calm... calculating. Would this be a good visit? What was this dragonrider's purpose at her home? And mostly... could he be trusted.

"Arithion! It's time to stop playing with the fishies, we have company." She spoke out loud, assured that the dragon could hear her.
A head popped out of the water, a gaping mouth filled with squirming fish.

"But I was just getting started, this is hardly even a snack Divine!"
"Well you shoul dhave thought of that before you decided to chase them around before eating them. Have I not told you it's rude to play with your food?"

They went back and forth, as usual. The two were like great friends, each having come to the other when they were still very young. And so... they teased like friends. With Arithion out of the water, They began their march back to the castle to greet their visitors.
Seldom to words reflect Valor.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aven
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cali97531 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:22 pm

James sat at the throne of his castle, he ruled over Alegesia, a vast city, filled with people, and food, as well as weapons and even an army. The one thing he hated was all of the complaints, and all of them were over land, how could a city that has everything it could need and still have so many problems? The throne room looked out over the land, to the large wall outside, and the drawbridge that was only lowered in the morning and rose at nightfall.

James waved his hand for the gaurd to let the next person in, even though he would be happier if he didn't have to listen to all of this. He grew tiered of having no one that could take his place for a day, no one that he could really trust. His kingdom was nuetral for the time being, and had no favored side.

The man walked in and knelt before James, before he said, "Sir, my land, its been taken by my neighbor, he says that its rightfully his."

James stared at the man, then grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note that said, 'Give the man back his land, or you'll get a visit from the royal gaurds.' He then handed it to a guard who gave it to the man. The man nodded his thanks and left the room, James sighed glad to be done with the problems of the day. He walked to the window and looked out, seeing his golden dragon playing outside, he decided to go out as well and talk to him.

He took the side exit out of the thrown room, and walked up to the dragon, "Good day, Thorn," James said in greeting.

"Good day," Thorn replied, the dragon turned to the sky, James followed his gaze and saw two dragons fly to the nearby castle, he pushed it aside, and continued to talk to the dragon.
I'll be back in school August 18th, I'll still reply, it just won't be until I get home :)

cali97531
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06 am

"Hello Divine this visit is urgent believe me. there is a matter at hand that needs to be discussed" explained Tazz.
"it is about ogres and human in our land, it is by the Forbidden Forest everywhere they are buildng a castle a big castle" he told Divine urgently.
"If i may have an input on this matter". interupted Garo. "we dont necesarily know if these men are doing something that we will have to fight against".
"Well how about the flag of the dark lord with his mark of death" Tazz replied with unease.

tazz74
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aven on Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:14 pm

(...Please clarify things a little better. That is just a bunch of random sentences with ideas that make it really hard to reply to.)

Assuming that Divine had met up with the two, and introductions had been made...

"Why should I care about the world of men or Ogres? They have short lives and short tempers. They will probably kill eachother before we even get close to them, such is the way of men."

A slender brow quirked, waiting for an answer. "As for the dark lord, I fear him not. So tell me, what is it you want of me? And why should I consider your request?"

Two women entered the room, golden trays held out before them. On one were drinks, on the other an assortment of fruits. These were held above their heads as they knelt, offering them to both their master and her guests. Divine grasped one delicate glass in her hand and brought it to her lips, taking a long drought as she continued to wait patiently.

Aven
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tazz74 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:17 pm

"i am asking for cooperation if i ever need help with an attack". Tazz replied
Garo grabs a peice of a melon and eats it slowly. "this is delicious what kind is it" he asks without noticing his kings glare casted upon him.
" stop eating and negotiate you fool" Tazz says impatiently!

tazz74
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aven on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:49 pm

"And what would I recieve for my...cooperation?" Divine asked, taking a grape from the platter. She popped the fruit into her mouth and bit into it, a wave of sweet flavor washing over her tongue.

"Like I said... there needs to be a reason for me to care. I do not often meddle in the affairs of others. And it is called honey melon. Enjoy it, it grows only this time of year."

She watched them both carefully, as if sizing them up. Neither seemed to be a threat, neither seemed to be well... important. Why was this one so persistant? Why did he care so much?

Aven
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ronoth on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Arjun walked through the mouth of the cave--in earlier trips he had to run his hand along the wall so as not to get lost--but he knew the way now. As soon as it was completely dark he pulled a half piece of stale bread from his pocket and began to eat. He had found the cave 4 years ago--when he was 19: He had been moving through the woods around the village of Ubpas, it began raining, and he didn't want to show is face in the inn, so he searched the forest for a quick shelter. He got lucky.
He lit a small candle and walked inside, the tunnel seemed to go on for a while, and it sloped down into the dirt. A small amount of water flowed in from the outside. He walked on for a while, wanting to know where the water found rest. The tunnel opened into a huge room, he was on the edge of an underground lake. He chuckled, "Wonder if anyone else's ever seen this?" As he bent over the lake to drink a ripple passed through the water. Arjun jumped to his feet and slid his twin short swords from their sheaths. Beads of sweat began to crawl down his face. "Who's there?" He heard something above him and his eyes shot up--a dragon. Much longer than the ones he'd heard of, from what he could see. It was a very light, ghost-like color, a tinge of green maybe. The skin appeared very slimy and scaly.
At that point the dragon noticed him. It flew down into the lake, a quiet splash echoed. It's head quickly rose out of the water in front of him. "You...urgnn... Clawless one? Wingless one?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess. Human."
"...Yes... human...Giad almost forgot the word."
"Is that your name? Giad?"
"Yes human..Yours?"
"Arjun."
That was that: and that was long ago. Arjun was at the lake's edge now, he took off his sandles and took a step into the water. He took a deep breath as Giad swam towards him. "Today is a bad day Arjun, the rain water carries bad news."
Arjun didn't question the serpent, he trusted him enough: "What news?"
"Not entirely sure, but the rain carries much anger, too much."
"Too much?"
"I need to know why," he turned his body so Arjun could hop on.
"Sure--how are you getting out?" He got on the dragon's back.
"I will show you, take a deep breath." The two inhaled deeply, and dove. Giad swam fast, and deeper than Arjun had ever been before. At the bottom corner of the cave was a small hole. They barely fit. Arjun's lungs began to burn, he looked up and saw a light, drawing ever nearer. "It has been a long time since I was here human." They shot into the air.

Ronoth
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torren on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Anastasya looked up at the grey, gloomy sky. So much time had passed since her last meal. A couple days, at the least. But this was no time to worry about food. She needed shelter before the storm came. 'I guess I'll ask whoever's around' she thought, and her eyes glowed a golden color. "Incola of silenti etc , ego voco vos ut orior oriri ortus,"she whispered, and the ground beneath shook. A hand rose from the ground and crawled it's way up. Suddenly, it stopped, and she heard a muffled scream. It shrunk away."Strange,"she said,"Something benath... Something evil..."
Got it memorized?

Torren
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ronoth on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:34 pm

The air chilled around the dragon and his rider, "Bad weather comes Arjun," Giad looked ahead toward the gathering clouds.
"True, we should stop for a while." Arjun drew his cloak around him.
Giad looked around for a shelter, he spotted a town slightly about a league to the West, "That looks good." He began his descent and turned toward the town.
"Umm, Giad, could we land a little ways out? I'd rather not actually go--well, do you care?"
"No, we'll land outside."

Giad spread his wings and they came to a stop. They looked around, they had landed in a small clearing. The town sat a little ways off.
"Could we head this way?" Arjun pointed away from the village and began walking.
Giad chuckled a little, Arjun stopped walking as his heartbeat found his throat. "What?"
"Why do you fear the town Arjun? Do you fear the other humans?"
Arjun paused for a moment as his pulse began to beat harder. "Friend, I can't show my face in any town, anywhere. I'll--I'll tell you later." He turned his face to the ground, pulled his hood over his head, and continued to move away from the town.
Giad shrugged, "Very well human."

The trees provided some relief from the rain, but the two continued on. Giad wove between the trees, and looking ahead, he saw a woman, staring at the ground. He stopped and nudged Arjun, "There is a woman ahead, she would probably rather speak to you than I."
Arjun's heart found its way into his throat again, but Giad had asked--so he nodded and walked forward, "Hello! Who are you?"

Ronoth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cali97531 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

James finished talking to Thorn, and climbed onto the dragon's back, he had watched as a dragon and rider landed outside of his castle walls. Thorn jumped, and took flight, heading to where the two had disappeared in the woods, when they landed, he entered the woods. Thorn saw the young girl, then heard a man's voice, he guessed it as the other rider's and whispered it to James. James nodded and stopped just before the clearing and watched, not sure if he should show himself yet.

cali97531
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Anastasya stared at the man in surprise, then glared."Why should I tell you my name?"she growled,"You may be an enemy, out to get me." she was almost surprised at the sharpness in her voice. Of course, she wanted to be sure. She had never been the most popular person around, and has had her fair share of sworn revenge from others."If anyone should introduce themself, it should be you.,"she drew her sword and pointed it at the man's throat. And your friend should show himself as well." she smirked. Her mind was focused on why the dead were being pulled, and what by.

Torren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cali97531 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:23 pm

James knew she was talking about him, so he stepped out of the woods, and into the clearing, but stayed back, "I'm James," he said, not hiving away the fact that he was a king, that could be vital. Thorn stayed in the forest, he slowly got closer, but not too close. He didn't know either one of them, and couldn't risk getting into a fight, so he didn't reach for his sword that was sheathed at his side.

cali97531
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

"Well, that was more quickly than I expected,"she said. Anastasya studied him for a while, then nodded."Just as i thought. Elf. You wouldn't happen to be of noble status, would you?"suddenly. she felt a rumble from beneath. The hand appeared again, and clawed it's way out from the forest mud. Standing up, it was a man with stitches on his neck. She rolled her eyes."Artus,"Anastasya sighed. "Yes?"he smiled, his voice a little raspy but clear. "You're late. Now tell me, what happened?" He scratched his head, then shuddered. "Terrible things..." It was then she realized she was still around other people. Anastasya cursed under her breath.

Torren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cali97531 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

James nodded, "Yes, I'm the king of the castle back there," he said pointing behind him to his kingdom, then his eyes fell on the man that appeared out of the ground. He was shocked and was taken back, but didn't let it show on his face. He was curious about this strange man, who was he? And where did he come from? It was a creature he had never seen before. He said nothing else, and just listened.

cali97531
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torren on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm

"King?"Artus said, astonished,"My Lord, Artus, will you shut up and tell me what happened?"Anastasya snapped. She remembered how annoying he was back when he was alive, but when he died, it got worse. "Fine,"he grumbled,"I was on my way up as you called me, but some sort of demented daemon grabbed my foot and pulled me down. After your meeting with these characters. I managed to kill it off and come back up. Satisfied?" "No,"she whispered,"Not yet."

Torren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cali97531 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:02 pm

James nodded, "Yes, I'm the king," he said, after that he didn't know what to say, in fact he didn't know what they were talking about. James looked at the one named Artus, "What are you?" he asked, waiting for a reply.

cali97531
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ronoth on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Arjun stayed back, waiting. He was listening to the conversation between the king and the girl--and decided he would rather leave now than be discovered a little later. Trying not to make any noise, he turned around--and realized that Giad had moved. He spun around, making a good amount of noise, and saw Giad creeping closer to the two characters talking. Arjun hissed, "Giad!" it seemed he couldn't hear--or had his mind made up.
"Greetings," Giad nodded in turn to the King, the girl, then the man from the ground, then looked back at the girl, "I don't believe you've introduced yourself yet--I am Giad." Arjun shrugged, then pulled his cloak over his head, and silently walked to stand next to his friend.

Ronoth
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torren on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:23 am

She sighed irritably. 'Of course it would come to this,'she thought, and sighed."Fine. You surprisingly have my partial trust. I am Anastasya Petrov. A Viviblix,"she looked at the dragon who had just entered and half smiled. She'd always preferred dragons and the dead to live people. "What am I...?"Artus said, then broke into laughter,"It should be quite obvious by now, Anastasya being a Viviblix and whatnot. Oh well. I am one of the dead. The deceased,"he smiled proudly. For some reason, he'd liked that position.

Torren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ronoth on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:55 pm

"A viviblix, hmm..." Giad nodded slowly as he examined her clothing. He then looked at Artus. "It seems not all is well, nature seems to grow afraid. Have you felt anything--hmm... different lately?"
Arjun was unsure how Giad could communicate with the earth in such a way. But dragons were older creatures than men, so he shrugged it off. He looked at the man Artus, "one of the dead huh," he muttered. He shivered, not just from the wind.

Ronoth
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!