Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fame: JDCAce and Claire

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

Re: Fame: JDCAce and Claire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:35 pm

Pepper's eyes opened in alarm when she saw Greg punching the wall "Wow... dont hurt yourself" she then said after he explained why he had done it and was slightly concerned for his fist. Not as concerned though that they would make it to the ground floor safely. If she had to pick one thing about Greg's appartment that she didnt like it would be the elevator. In her old appartment they hadnt even had one and it had all be stairs but Pepper didnt mind since it was good exercise and she wouldnt have trusted it if there had been one in that ancient building.

"Maybe next time we can take the stairs?" Pepper said as they reached the ground floor and the doors opened. Wishing to feel safe on solid ground she pulled Greg out of the elevator. "That thing doesnt seem very safe" Pepper gave as an explanation as to why she wanted to take the stairs. With a smile on her face she then kept her hand in Greg's as the two of them made their way back outside to signal for a taxi to take them to where Greg's car was parked. Pepper hoped that it was still there but knew that it probably would be. The area where she lived was pretty safe when it came to things like that. However they had the more upmarket problems like alcohol and parties.
Maybe you're going to be the one who saves me...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Greg chuckled. "Yes, next time we'll take the stairs." It was exactly what he had been thinking. He had never really liked climbing stairs, but he knew it would be safer than that old mechanical contraption. He didn't know why it was even still running. He shrugged off the idea as they both slipped into the waiting taxi. "The café on Second and Vern, please." The driver nodded his head understandingly.

Greg turned back to Pepper and smiled. "Thanks again for letting me stay at your place. You have no idea how grateful I am." There was a short pause. "You know, I'll need to pay you back somehow, make things even." There was another longer pause as he thought of some way to help her. "Oh! How about I buy fifty copies of your first CD? You know, to help boost sales!"

((I assume she hasn't released a complete album yet. If she has, just change that "first" to "next!"))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 pm

((yeah I hadnt really thought about it so yes it can be her first))

Pepper laughed when he said that he would buy fifty copies of her first cd. "That seems a little extreme. You dont have to do that you know" Pepper said as she still kept her fingers laced with Greg's as they held hands in the back of the taxi. "How about we just say that if I ever need somewhere to sleep that is not my house that I can come and stay at yours?" Pepper suggested with a smile. It seemed fair to her, she just wasnt sure when she would need to stay anywhere other than her place.

"Anyway you are actually doing me a favour. I hate coming home to an empty house and this way I wont have to" Pepper stated as they neared the cafe where Greg had left his car the day earlier. Pepper was so glad that the two of them had organised to meet, it meant that she had got one of her old friends back as well as now getting to date him. As the taxi came to a stop outside the cafe Pepper got out and waited for Greg to join her on the pavement.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:56 am

Greg climbed out the the yellow cab, smacking his head of the way out. "Yeowch!" he cried, putting his hand against his forehead. "No, no, I'm fine, I'm fine," he assured, preempting any worried reactions from Pepper. "Oh, uh, yeah, you can stay at my place whenever you want." He shook off his pain and shrugged. "Yeah, it's no problem." He would, of course, need to fix his bed first, and he'd need to make sure his couch was soft enough to sleep on, because he hated waking up with a bad back.

Greg led Pepper down the sidewalk about half a block, and when they reached their destination Greg sighed a sigh of relief: his old, ugly, rundown car was just where he had left it. Upon further inspection, though, he noticed a pink piece of paper under the windshield. Greg took it into his hand and, after reading it, chuckled. "Parking ticket," he explained. "I'm lucky I got only one!" He slipped the paper into his pocket. "Come on," he urged, unlocking both doors and slipped in behind the wheel.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:28 am

As she went to get out of the cab Pepper noticed that Greg hit his head and was about to ask him if he was alright but then as if he anticipated her question he answered it and she laughed softly at there being no need to speak. "Well thats good, I might just have to take you up on that offer. That is if I ever let you leave my place" Pepper said smiling as she walked with Greg down towards his car and when she saw it, it was everything she expected. Pepper hadnt expected Greg to have some fancy car, however it was better than hers which at the present time was non-existant.

"Yeah I figured as much with the distinctive pink paper" Pepper said, still smiling, unable to take it from her face since she was just too happy to be with him. As Greg turned to walk around and get into the car Pepper reached over and slid the piece of paper out of his pocket and put it in her handbag, planning on paying it for Greg since she had been the one who made him ditch his car here in the first place. However she said no more about it as she got into the passenger side of the car.

"Ok off to the studio to do a little work" Pepper stated as she put her seatbelt on and then proceded to give Greg the directions there and the easiest way to get there as well. Pepper rested her handbag on her lap as she watched Greg begin to drive in the direction they needed to go.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 am

His mind was too focused on the fact he needed to pay the state money that he didn't notice the missing parking ticket. He repeated the directions she had just given him to make sure he got them right. "Oh, OK. I think I got it now." He had been to that part of town many times and was fairly familiar with the street names, but he never had any business there; he would simply drive through heading to his destination. "Yes, I know where that is."

Greg turned the corner onto the prescribed street, then turned again. When they arrived at the first traffic light, and after he had stopped behind the car in front of them, he turned to look at Pepper. "What is the work you will be doing when we get there?" He knew she had mentioned it before, though he had simply forgotten already.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:51 am

Pepper smiled as she watched him driving through the streets. He was a very good driver, much better than herself. Pepper had actually never learnt to drive a car. Before she was famous she didnt have enough money for a car so there was no point, now she had people to drive her where ever she wanted so she still had no need for a car.

"Oh umm I just need to go through this new song that someone or another has written for me and wants me to use. It wont take long, my manager just wants to ok with this so that he can go ahead and organise recording time and the musicians and such" Pepper said as she explained. Pepper used to write all of her songs when she had first started. However times had changed and she never had enough time between all the interviews and the recording and all the other things she had to do in a day. It was suprising that she was able to get away with all the time she had spent with Greg considering that her schedual was normally pretty full.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:01 pm

((I'm sorry. Again, some rough stuff happened this week.))

Greg nodded throughout her explanation. "I see," he said when she finished. He wondered what the new song was about, and if he would get to hear it before the general public. He had always liked her music, even when she first started, and now he simply couldn't believe that Pepper -- his Pepper -- had made it big.

The car pulled in front of the building, and Greg was lucky enough to land a parking spot on the curb right in front of the doors. As he exited the car, thoughts ran through his mind about the near future: Will she stay popular? Will she still even be singing? Will I still be with her? He crossed around to the passenger's side and, after Pepper got out, he took her hand in his once more. "What is your new song called?" he inquired.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:54 pm

((thats alright))

Pepper smiled as they pulled up in front of the all too familiar building. She spent a lot of time here and knew the place back to front. Especially with all the hours she had to put in when it was coming up to producing a new album. She held onto Greg's hand as he offered it to her and she lead him up to the big glass doors at the front of the building. "Ummm I dont know yet. I wont know until they show it to me inside. Althoug my manager said that it is going to be a little different to most of my other songs and that it is more in the direction that the company wants me to sing in" Pepper explained. She didnt really have a lot of say in what she was singing these days, there were people who ran her career that made all of the decissions.

As they walked inside the doors were opened for them and the man at the front desk smiled at Pepper. "Mel is up in the recording studio and said for you to just go straight up Pepper" He said in a friendly but professional tone. "Alright thank you" Pepper said back to him before walking with Greg over to the elevator and pressing the button for it to come. Once they were inside she pressed number 12 and turned to face Greg with a smile.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Greg's lips brought out a frown as she described the song, but thought he should hold his tongue. Pepper had become famous on her own, but it was the recording company that kept her famous. When they had entered the elevator, though, he could not keep it in any longer. He dropped her hand and turned to face her as the sliding doors closed and the machine started pulling them upwards. "The company?" he echoed. "You're the singer. You're the star. They wouldn't be making money if it weren't for you! Who are they to decide how you sing your songs? Who are they to direct you? You should be directing them!" His voice was angry, but not harsh.

There had to be something that could be done about the situation. Why wasn't Pepper's manager forcing the company to give Pepper more say? His voice was calmer now, but still demanding. "I'm not going to let them keep you from what you want. I will make sure you sing the songs you want the way you want to sing them!"

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Pepper could tell that Greg wasnt happy about the recording company choosing her songs but there wasnt a lot she could do about it. Without the recording company she wouldnt have her career, she owed them everything. "Greg it isnt that simple. My career depends on the recording company. They are the ones who run everything" Pepper said as she leant back against the elevator wall and a sigh escaped her lips. "Just dont worry about it Greg... it will be fine" Pepper said. She wished that she could actually do her own songs or have more of a say in what she would be singing but she understood how the singers often didnt get much of a say in things anymore. It had been so long since Pepper had actually written a song of her own, let alone used it and played it to the public.

"I sing a few songs that they want me to... and then I can sing my own" Pepper explained and hoped what she was saying was true. "You know... with the way you are getting angry you would make the perfect manager" Pepper said laughing as she tried to make the mood in the elevator a little lighter and not quite as angry.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Greg chuckled at her comment. "Manager, eh? Too much responsibility!" He leaned back against the same wall and put his arm around her shoulders. "I'm fine just being your boyfriend." Greg knew there was no reason to get so angry over this, but he believed she deserved this. Maybe... he thought. Maybe a little later, after she secures her spot among the stars, they'll listen to her. Greg had no say in the matter, and he definitely wouldn't bring up the discussion with her manager or the recording company, for fear of her being let go.

The elevator lurched to a halt, and as the doors opened on the twelfth floor, Greg began thinking about all the songs she had written, and how, no doubt, they were all better than what she would be OKing today. Nevertheless, he was anxious to know what the new song was, and if Pepper liked it.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:59 pm

(I am not sure if I had already named her manager or not... anyway I will just go with a random name and if you remember me doing so then I will change it.)

"Good, because I am fine with you being my Boyfriend as well" Pepper said teasing him just a little bit and slipped her hand into his as the doors opened and she lead him out to the recording studio where there were three people sitting around a big pannel with lots of buttons. Two of them were the sound guys who she had worked with before and the other one was her manager. She smiled as she saw them and walked over to them. "Hey guys" She said as she slipped her hand out of Bens and the two guys stood up and gave her a quick hug before she hugged her manager and then turned back to Greg. "This is Greg, one of my oldest friends and now boyfriend" Pepper said as she introduced Greg. "And Greg, this is my manager Sally and two of the most amazing sound guys in the business, Andrew and Tim" Pepper said with a smile.

Both Andrew and Tim extended their arms to shake Greg's hand as Pepper turned her attention to Sally. "So what's this new song?" Pepper asked as Sally smiled. "Well it is kind of different but we hope you like it" Sally said as she handed Pepper a few sheets of music. Peppers face fell as she read the first few lines and she looked over at Sally. "You have got to be kidding me. I cant sing that" Pepper said shocked. "Pepper stop being so dramatic, everyone is saying the word 'f-word' in songs these days" Sally said as Pepper went back to reading the music, shaking her head as she did.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Greg peered over Pepper's shoulder to read the song. Sure enough, there it was: the 'f' word. He sighed at Sally's response to Pepper's distaste. Before he realized what he was doing and before he could stop himself, he said to Sally, "I don't believe you heard the lady. I'll repeat for her: She can't sing that." He look at the song again. "What about another word?" He suggested a few cleaner words that would fit in that context. "Any of those would be fine, right?"

He took the sheets and, with a pen he pulled from his pocket, scratched out the word and wrote in a replacement. "See? That works fine there; same number of syllables and everything." He put the pen away and handed the sheet to Sally for her to look it over. Once more, he couldn't stop himself from objecting. "You're her manager, aren't you? You're supposed to be listening to her."

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Pepper was a little shocked when Greg spoke up for her. She appreciated it and smiled at him, although she was pretty sure that he hadnt read the whole set of lyrics like she had. The whole song was about getting laid. The whole song screamed out that it wasnt her and that it was meant for some sex symbol and not her. Pepper glanced over at Sally and could see her shaking her head at what Greg had changed. "No I dont think that would work as well and give off the over all feel that the recording company are after" Sally said to Greg before turning to Pepper. "You know I am listening to you Pepper, its just the record company really wants you to sing this song how it was written. They think that it would give you a better public image and that you would draw more attention with this song" Sally explained "Plus Pepper, you know how important your deal with this recording company is... you cant aford to blow it"

Pepper took the lyrics back from Sally and looked them over again. They were no more appealing to her the second time around but she knew how important it was to make the company happy at this stage. She was only starting out and although her name was big this week, next week she could be forgotten and no other studio will take you on if they heard that she had refused to sing a suggested song. Pepper then looked appologetically at Greg, "Fine I will sing it" Pepper said in a defeated voice. What would one f word be amongst the general meaning of the song.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 pm

As the two women were talking, Greg took the sheets again and read of the entire song. He paused when he had finished it, a look of confusion on his face. He read it again quickly and confirmed his fears. "What?!" he yelled. "No, no, she..." He paused and listened to Pepper's forfeit. "But... Pepper, this isn't you!" He waved the papers at her, then turned to Sally. "How... How could you even suggest this?" Now he turned back to Pepper. "And how could you accept this?" The boy was naive and ignorant as to the workings of the music industry.

He sighed. "I... can't stop you." He handed the music back to Pepper and slumped against the wall. I have no say in her career. Why am I even speaking? He knew the decision lay in Pepper's hands whether or not to follow through with the song, and if she said she wanted to, he wouldn't stop her.

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 pm

Pepper stood there stunned for a few moments at Greg's outburst. Sally was quick to recover. "I suggested it because it is what is wanted of her. My job is to keep Pepper in a job which means keeping her with the recording company... so dont you speak to me like that" Sally said as she signaled for the two sound guys to leave with her as she walked to the door pausing as she looked back at Pepper. "I will book the stuido for later on in the week, the company wants this one out as quickly as possible after the last one and they want a music video done as well. I will talk to you later" Sally said before leaving Pepper and Greg alone.

She knew Greg was upset with her about the song and she walked over and sat in one of the vacant seats left by the two sound guys and rested her head in her hands. Pepper didnt know what to do. She hated the song but it was her career. She couldnt just say no. "I am sorry Greg" Pepper said in a soft voice, thinking that it was probably a bad idea to have brought him here with her today. She looked down at the lyrics in her hand and read through them again and hummed the tune softly to herself as she read the music. Even the tune sounded seductive and dirty.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JDCAce on Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Greg watched in disgust as the manager left. How could she do this to her client? he wondered. There had to be plenty of other songs she could sing; why did it have to be this one? He sighed and made his way to the second empty seat, bringing it closer to Pepper before sitting in it.

"You know I don't like this," he said quietly, "but maybe your manager is right." He shook his head in defeat before locking eyes with Pepper and taking her hand. "Maybe... maybe if you do this one, they won't ask you to do anything like it. And..." He chuckled lightly. "And it'll show the public your diversity, right?" He tried to show her the up side to performing this song, but he had a feeling he wasn't having much success.

He squeezed her hand gently and said, "Maybe you could, you know, compromise on the song. You could tell Sally you'll do it if... I don't know, they change a couple things you don't like." He remembered Sally's objection when he proposed a change, but maybe it would be different coming from Pepper herself. Another sigh escaped his lips. "Whatever you decide, I'll back you up."

JDCAce
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:10 am

Pepper laced her fingers with Greg's as he took her hand, meeting his eyes for a moment before looking back down at their joined hands as she took a deep breathe and tried to think of what to do, despite knowing she really didnt have a choice in the matter. She didnt want to sing this song but Greg had a point, maybe if she did it this once then the recording company wouldnt make her do it again.

"I'm going to have to sing it Greg" Pepper said as she finally looked up at him as she ran her fingers through her hair with the hand that Greg wasnt holding onto. "You know me... I am not really one to want to cause a fuss with people... it will just be easier to sing it their way and hope that next time they will let me sing what I want" Pepper said with a slightly more hopeful voice than what she was feeling.

"God... I really hate this song" Pepper said under her breath as she shook her head. She couldnt believe that she was going to give the ok to Sally about this. "Thanks for being here today Greg. I guess it wasnt exactly what you thought it would be like" Pepper said appologetically. She really appreciated him being here and saying that he would support her. Pepper knew a lot of guys who would not be comfortable with their girlfriends singing that kind of song and was glad that Greg wasnt like that.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!