Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Guardians Of Existance (OOC-Sign Ups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Guardians Of Existance (OOC-Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:23 am

Five souls. Each with a representation, and power over certain categories of existance; The Soul of the Elements, The Soul of the Senses, The Soul of the Seasons, The Soul of Human Emotion, and The Soul of Sin.

Five young teens. These kid's are just living their lives with most of the same problems any teen has, plus. None of them know their true purpose in life yet, and they have no idea that their souls, their very existance will decide humanities future.

The biggest disadvantage of being reborn is that the souls lose all memory of past lives, and purposes. The kids(whom are the souls in their current lives if you didnt get that) don't know who they really are, and must find their paths and retrieve essential memories on their own. If they can't figure it out, and make the wrong choice's, they will enevitably fail their mission.

The United States in their lifetime is a dictatorship. Many people don't even know the meaning of freewill. Most of the world is under the US Governments control. Though most people are blind followers of the government, anyone with a brain and a taste of individuality can see that the world is nearing it's end, humanity nearing self extinction. The people are too closed minded to see the big picture... The facts... The reality. Existance itself is heading down the drain.

The Mission-The souls chose to be reborn to save humanity, and all existance. The big plan was to shed some light in the darkest places, but as they get older in their new lives, terrible goes to even worse. Everything is regressing back to the dark ages, only with ALOT more destructive technology. Even slavery is once again being used, anyone who is hopelessly poor is a target of slavery.
It's going to take alot more force, then light, to fix everything, then the original plan.

An Unexpected, But Predictable Set Back-The world has a balance, that of course is on the verge of breaking. After the birth of each one of the souls, natural balance takes its course. Other souls, with darker intentions, and the same representations of each, are born as well. (These can be characters that you can use as well, but you make everything up for them)

Help?-Two other souls, as ancient as The Souls of Existance are sent to Earth to assist the teens. They retain knowledge because they aren't being reborn, they are just there to help whenever they are needed. They cannot share direct knowledge with the souls, but they are there to give advice, and push them in the right direction. (These are useable characheters as well, once again, make them how you like)

Code: Select all
[center][b]Name:[/b](First, Last)
[b]Age:[/b](13-25)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b](American, African, Mexican...ect.)
[b]Location:[/b](The characters can be in more then one area in the United States, but let it be known that they all meet up eventualy)
[b]Role:[/b](What soul, if any)
[b]Personality:[/b](Please write something, none of the; "It will come out in RP")
[b]Bio:[/b](Same rule as personality)
[b]Other:[/b](Anything extra you want to add?)
[b]Appearance:[/b](Pictures are fine, but please add a little description with it)[/center]

Same personality/bio for premade characters. If you would like to reserve a character, message me. Make sure you are going to stay active when joining, I would rather this roleplay not die...

Premade characters!

Jade-Jade is a girl of thirteen. She posseses The Soul of the Elements(Earth, Air, Water, Fire). She often space's out when she is being talked to; a professional daydreamer. Jade hate's makeup, and clothing made of anything beside's cotton because of it's unnatural origin. She spend's hours in the woods writing stories, admiring nature, camping, or just plain hiking. It's best not to disturb her when she is deep in thought. She know's Duygu is desperatly in love with her, but she doesn't know if she should love him back.

Cecilia-A girl on a mission, Cecilia struggles through her teenage years with alot of determination. She is fifteen, and is The Soul of the Senses(Sound, Taste, Touch, Smell, Sight, and of course ESP[extrasensory perception] better known as the sixth sense; this allows her to have visions of the past, and helps her remember some important details to their mission). Her preferred sense is Sound, and she loves to play guitar. Music is her passion in life. She has more sensual power over Sound then anything else. Don't bother her while she's playing a song; your likley to get hit over the head with her guitar. If your lucky it might be the acoustic.
After finding out what Pesha did for her, she risk's everything to help him out.

Persephone-Seph is sixteen years old. She is The Soul of the Seasons(Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). She isn't very social with strangers, but when it comes to close friends, she will open up her darkest secrets. Now she is closed to everyone though, since her best friend died in an abrupt blizzard a year before while camping. After that she dropped out of high school and stayed in her room all day thinking. Her older brother, Joey(also a useable character; make him how you want), that she lived alone with, would often try to get her to come out, but he always failed. Seph did leave her room sometimes without his knowledge. She would go outside at night and look at the stars, breathe the fresh air, and enjoy the season. Later on, after she meet's Jade, they become best friends, and it heal's Seph's mental wounds.

Duygu-Duygu is fourteen. He posesses The Soul of Human Emotion(Happiness, Sadness, Fury, Guilt, Love, Hate, Pleasure). He is empathic, and understands others alot better then he understands himself. Sometimes all of the emotion he feel's gets the better of him, and he has a mental breakdown. Being young as he is, Duygu is still developing knowledge on how to channel his feelings. The intensity of his emotion is brought to an increased pain when he falls in love with Jade after meeting her.

Pesha-Eighteen years old, and ready to hack! Pesha is The Soul of Sin(Greed, Lust, Gluttoney, Wrath, Pride, Sloth, Envy). Only a representation of sin, Pesha usualy follows the rules. He is skilled with computers, and the only crime he really does is hack. He is a persistant hacker who will go to the extreme to get what he wants, and he knows how to mess with the system. Most of his friends are from the internet, as well, that's where he met Cecilia at first. Not long after, he get's caught hacking into major record company computer files, while trying to help promote Cecilia's music. He end's up on the run.

RULES::-No Godmodding, everyone is equal.
-Be careful of the language you use. A little cussing never hurt anyone, but seriously, keep it to a reasonable standard.
-No killing unless I say so, or you ask(And then only if i say). If you give permission for the death of your character, contact me first... Though it would be nice if everyone stuck around awhile ;)
-Have at least a minimum of one paragraph per post, nobody like the useless one sentance. Be sure to include some detail. AND MAKE SURE IT IS RELATED TO THE TOPIC! If you need some ideas, or have any questions, send me a PM. There is no such thing as stupid questions.
-Be reasonable in your posts, as to people understanding. Not everyone is a chat freak like me x3 no random "IDK's BTW's OFC's or IDM's... Even the occasional LOL" meaning, no text talk. Period. Just pure english folks, is that so much to ask? (Including lots of BIG words, that alot of people have trouble understanding)
-Equal amount of girl's and guy's, people.
-Ok, so this boy charachter and this girl character share a kiss. If that happens, that's ALL that happens. I don't want to know the details of anyones sick mind, so keep it clean.

IF ANY OF THESE RULES ARE BROKEN I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE YOU OUT OF THIS ROLEPLAY; OR REPLACE YOU. I WILL ALWAYS GIVE A PM WARNING FIRST!

ROLES:

~Main~
souls
Jade:Kittycat97
Cecilia:Jepora
Persephone:
Duygu:JackSlevin
Pesha:Chaos Knight Matthew

~Other~

Guide#1:
Guide#2:
Opposite Soul#1:
Opposite Soul#2:
Opposite Soul#3:
Opposite Soul#4:
Opposite Soul#5:
Joey(Persephone's Older Brother):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~My Character~

Name:Cecilia Wood
Race:European American
Role:Soul
Personality:Quiet most of the time, she prefers to keep to herself and listen to her music. But when it's party time, she parties!
Bio:A girl on a mission, Cecilia struggles through her teenage years with alot of determination. She is fifteen, and is The Soul of the Senses(Sound, Taste, Touch, Smell, Sight, and of course ESP[extrasensory perception] better known as the sixth sense; this allows her to have visions of the past, and helps her remember some important details to their mission). Her preferred sense is Sound, and she loves to play guitar. Music is her passion in life. She has more sensual power over Sound then anything else. Don't bother her while she's playing a song; your likley to get hit over the head with her guitar. If your lucky it might be the acoustic.
After finding out what Pesha did for her, she risk's everything to help him out.
Other:She and Pesha are internet friends; first of the souls to meet.
Appearance:Cecilia is often seen wearing band T-shirts, and a sweatshirt. She wears modest clothing, somtimes bigger sizes then are her own. This makes her look very skinny. She is taller then alot of girls, and no matter where she goes, she is seen with a guitar strapped to her back.
Last edited by Jepora on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 7 times in total.
gaurdians-existance-ooc-sign-ups-t16181.html <--JOIN!-->Image PLEASE CLICK MEH EGG! I DUN WANT IT TA DIE T^T *throws a fit*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jepora
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Gaurdians Of Existance (OOC-Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos Knight Matthew on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Name: Pesha Resunder
Race: White, American
Role: Soul of Sin
Personality:Tho he may seem different than most people, Pesha mostly stays online whenever he can on a portable labtop that he keeps with him at all times, so he's not much of a talker off the nets unless it's something that catches his interest...
Bio: Eighteen years old, and ready to hack! Pesha is The Soul of Sin(Greed, Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Pride, Sloth, Envy). Only a representation of sin, Pesha usually follows the rules. He is skilled with computers, and the only crime he really does is hack. He is a persistent hacker who will go to the extreme to get what he wants, and he knows how to mess with the system. Most of his friends are from the internet, as well, that's where he met Cecilia at first. Not long after, he get's caught hacking into major record company computer files, while trying to help promote Cecilia's music. He end's up on the run.
Other:
Appearance:ImageLooks pretty much like this.

Alduin the World Eater... Taste my arrow a fall once and for all!!! - Sariosa, lv49 Archer-Mage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chaos Knight Matthew
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackSlevin on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Name:Duygu Slevin
Race: White, American
Role: Soul of Human Emotion
Personality: He is empathic, and understands others a lot better then he understands himself. Sometimes all of the emotion he feels gets the better of him, and he has a mental breakdown. Being young as he is, Duygu is still developing knowledge on how to channel his feelings. The intensity of his emotion is brought to an increased pain when he falls in love with Jade after meeting her.
Bio:He's never been a normal person, 'cause he have ever got that strange emotions, so he's never been a good student or got any real friends. On the other hand, he understand very well the people so he have always good marks because of his ability to produce empathy with the teachers. So, he always set apart from other people 'cause he feel he is different from them, but he don't know exactly why.
Other:He enjoys to watch people walking in the streets, and feeling their emotions, specially love, he enjoys feeling other peoples love.
Appearance:He's not a tall boy, but not a short one. He's hair is always messed up and he usually wear jeans and big skater trainers. He normally bring with him his head-phones because music relax him when he feel that he's losing himself.

JackSlevin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Sooo.... Still plenty of room. Roleplayers, come join >.<

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Reserving Jade! I love the idea, Jepora, you're awesome and my bestie as of... now!... and I love you <33333 :mrgreen: One question, though. Do the people have, like, superpowers or are they just representations?

EDIT:

Name:Jade Tarante
Race: Mexican-American
Role: Soul of the Elements
Personality: She posseses The Soul of the Elements(Earth, Air, Water, Fire). She often spaces out when she is being talked to; a professional daydreamer. Jade hates makeup, and clothing made of anything besides cotton because of it's unnatural origin. She spends hours in the woods writing stories, admiring nature, camping, or just plain hiking. It's best not to disturb her when she is deep in thought-- there's no predicting what she might do! She knows Duygu is desperatly in love with her, but she doesn't know if she should love him back.
Bio: Jade spent her early years near the northern Mexican border. However, the illegal immigrant problem was still present, and her family, like many others crossed the border illegally. She's always had a little nagging fear in the back of her mind that she'll get deported, but in the ten or eleven years she's lived in the US (which used to be much nicer than Mexico, her family insists, but now is bad enough that they would go back. If they could; over the years, the Government put a wall that covers the whole borderline and to cross it would risk being found to be illegal aliens) it hasn't happened yet.
Other: Jade's mother is American and met her father as a scientist in Mexico. The two fell in love and her mother moved to Mexico to be with her father, but soon after they had Jade (who is the eldest of five children) they moved to America. Also, the family's financial situation is plummeting and they will soon be a candidate for slavery.
Appearance: Jade has long black, glossy hair that falls to the small of her back when let loose, although mostly it is done up in some form of ponytail or bun. Her skintone looks like she just got tanned, but it is a result of her Mexican-American heritage. She has unusually green eyes, like her mother, and leans toward the shorter side of the population at 5'4". She has a heart-shaped face and a slim bodytype, with a little muscle because of her hikes and time spent outdoors. As said before, she absolutely refuses to wear makeup and inorganic clothing, although she's not enough of a naturalist to become a vegetarian :mrgreen:
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Oh well, I didn't think I would have to explain it... *sigh*
They don't have powers like say, flying or super strength, or anything you would expect from a super hero. But they do have personal strengths in their categories. It's erm... Hard to explain... Ugh >.<

I suppose you can have Jade, my other friend wanted her, but you posted first, and I hardly talk to my other friend, I don't think it will be a problem at all, not like I reserved it for her or anything :P

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Sorry for my ignorance, Jepora. I didn't expect a superhero thing, but I was just wondering the point of them having the Souls if it didn't do anything except act like a tag. So, personal strengths might mean in Jade's case, like kind of in tune with nature? >.> Not super-power in tune, but like, an extra knowledge of plants or animals because of her personal extracurricular activites?

I'm sorry to be difficult, but I ofen get confused around these things, like the "Chosen One" idea always confuses me because what's the point of being "chosen" if nothing sets you apart from anyone else? Not referring to this, of course, but I'm horribly easily confused >.<

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Yes I understand. Sorry, I get confused easily too, it's just worse when it's about something I made >.< I wasn't mad at you for asking, asking's how you find things out! :) But I was mad at myself because I couldn't explain very well x.x But yeah, you got the right idea. Couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackSlevin on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:11 am

I really want the rol to start!
Come on people, join in! :$

JackSlevin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:30 am

We still need a load of people... Does this roleplay just look boring to most peep's? I did my best T^T

PLEASE SOMEONE JOIN! *beg's* =)

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 am

Shall I put up a Wanted thread?

But I think that the reason why most people aren't joining (or even reading) is because they see the word "gaurdian" and think "superpowers". And we all know that superpowers are grossly overused and abused >.>

Maybe if you changed the title to "Saving our Existence" it would get more views and stuff. Titles like that are what get 'em coming... but the "Gaurdians" thing may have scared people away.

That's just my two cents >.> Don't listen to this hyper, batty little birdie :mrgreen:

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:04 am

I'll join I guess, don't really want to make a character sheet since I despise them and much prefer to let the details about my character some out during the roleplay. I will play one of the two others souls sent to help the ones with those powers or whatever they are xD.

Note: You spelt Guardians wrong in the title XD

A couple of questions also. 1) What sort of age should my character be and 2) will I be in contact with the others at the start, or do we have to find each other first.
"Humanity is far too concerned with the meaning of life and not nearly concerned enough about the experience of it."

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:26 pm

I had ALOT of trouble coming up with a title... Sorry, I couldn't think of anything better =/

And as for the spelling, I know I spelled it wrong, but I can't exactly edit the title >.>
If you read the character bio's for the premade characters, you will see they all come with an age, and in the code it says "Age: (13-25)"
I'd much prefer you put up a profile >.>

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Yes you can. O.o You just have to hit the "Edit" button near the "Report" and "Quote" buttons and it will let you edit the title as well as the post. I've done it tons of times before. >.>

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Re: Guardians Of Existance (OOC-Sign Ups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:56 am

....you have no idea how much I hate writing character sheets....it takes all the excitement out of building up my character during the roleplay, because I have to subscribe to a preprepared set of rules, if you like, that come in the form of a character sheet. Without a character sheet I am free to alter my character to go with his/her experiences during the roleplay, and to build him/her an identity that is shaped by the things happening around him.

If you can't agree with that I won't be joining the roleplay as it just takes out all the excitement of character creation which is one of the main attractions of roleplaying for me.

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackSlevin on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:09 am

Wolven Warrior, just let me say you something. In the character sheet you don't lost the excitement of building up a character, you just tell more or less, how is it. You don't have to explain how is the character exactly, just a good description, so, perhaps this cuts a bit your imagination wings, may be, but I don't think that the character sheet takes off the excitement of a role play...

This it just my point, so you don't have to agree with me :)

JackSlevin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolven Warrior on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:13 am

I don't really agree with you, especially the personality part of character sheets. Like I said above, I prefer to let what happens in the roleplay shape my character, if not entirely, at least slightly.

P.S Can I take your avatar please XD

Wolven Warrior
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackSlevin on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:47 am

Hahahaha, sure :)

But I think that even you have to post a bit of your personality in the character sheet, you'll be able to let your character devolop and be shaped during the role play...Don't know, as I said before, it's just my point.

JackSlevin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jepora on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm not saying write up the book of your charachters life. I don't see how explaining a little before hand is going to ruin anything. I tend to change my charachters a little during a roleplay anyways, since certain event's change people lives in real life too. It works the same for a charachter. I'm not asking much, I don't see how it can be a bother. Personaly, I love to make my charachter's before, because it give's me insight on how everything will work, and the story come's together. I'm sorry, but a character profile is a REQUIREMENT for this roleplay.

So, if you don't agree with me, then don't join. Your choice. This isn't a debate thread, and it's already cluttered up enough. If ANYTHING'S scaring people away, it's the messy state of this OOC. X_X"

As for the editing of titles, thanks Kitty! I didn't know hehehe

Jepora
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JackSlevin on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:37 am

It's a pity but it seams that this RG is never going to start, it's been a too long wait, and seams that anyone wants to join us. The fact is that the story sounded me so cool, but it's obvious that not for many people... :(

I'm so sad :(

JackSlevin
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!