Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I have the drawing, got feedback/opinions?

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

I have the drawing, got feedback/opinions?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:30 pm

First of all I'd like to say, "HOLY!!! \(O_O)/" I did not know my image was this huge until I saw it on the post preview. I apologize for any computers I may have slowed down...

Anyway, this is was first time doing the whole layers+pen+color+shadows+background combination and I really wanted to get some feedback on it. Unfortunately, people appeared to be too busy looking at better pieces of work on DeviantArt and I've yet to get any sort of criticism and/or opinions I can work on.

I have one other drawing I've done and would also like feedback on, but seeing how big my first picture is, I will not put it up. If anyone has the time to take a look and give some opinions on my other drawing, my Deviant link is in my siggy. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: I have the drawing, got feedback/opinions?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm

that's so sweet I think it gave me diabetes.The eyes seem a little off,one seems thinner then the other.
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Emptor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:58 am

Emptor wrote:that's so sweet I think it gave me diabetes.The eyes seem a little off,one seems thinner then the other.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. :)

As for the eye-thing, that was actually done on purpose since she isn't looking directly straight at the viewer but is instead looking off to the side (she is turning slightly to her right, making the one eye thinner than the other from the the viewer's angle). I guess I should make that a little more obvious.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quintessence on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:14 am

Aww, a cute picture. However, I would suggest giving her a nose? Or was that your intent? The cup also seems a little deformed, you may want to work on that. The white strip on her side seems unnecessary, so I suggest getting rid of that and just adding in the with the blue pants. You might not want that, so a different-colored shirt might seem nice. If that IS the shirt, it's be great if you could make it a little less puffy. Her left side (to me) seems kind of bulgy - you might want to skinny that down a bit. The general shadow seems a bit off as well - where is your light source?

It's really cute, though. ;) Keep on practicing!
"They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. Such is the strangeness of the human heart."

Quote a la Life of Pi

Quintessence
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:43 pm

Glad to see you post some art Lunar :D

First I will say that I love the orange and yellow polka dots! It took me quite a while to learn how to deviate from my 'chibi' style, and it was rough getting harsh crits on my human figures, but from that iv'e learned a lot, and the chibi style teaches you a lot more than you realize!
Youve got the basic idea <3 In my opinion the head on your drawing is extremly too big, even for a chibi, unless you intended it to be.
I hope you don't mind, i saved your image and played around with it myself, heres what I got from your image on the left, and mine overlapping your origional on the right
Image Image

Seeing those overlapp you can see that he head is a tad too wide. Hands and feet are hard to learn, but once you do they make an image look so much better~! I can draw up how i draw my hands for you if you like, or DA has plenty of tutorial on them <3 The eyes look a little awkward the way they are drawn as well, the top line comes out too far around the actual eye (eyelashes?) and doesn't meet up with the bottom.

I hope this helps you out ~ If you need any more advice or criticism I would be happy to help you out further :D

<3 Rozzy
Attachments
Untitled-2-2.png
(105.02 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Untitled-2.png
(54.36 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Untitled-1.png
(44.03 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Rozwell
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes! Those were the sort of advice I needed, thank you so much Quintessence and Rozwell! :D

And no, I don't mind, that drawing is really adorable. I'll keep those tips in mind when I try to draw something else. Once again, thanks for your help.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I like it, but might I suggest you woke on the shoes, and the way she sits. Also when you make the eyes, you might want to use a little less black color and a little more green color. Other then that it looks great.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:37 pm

No problem Lunar :D I would love to see more art come from ya and watch as you improve, and ya will <3!

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:35 am

Erm, was looking at it and something's off with the eyes that I noticed. Where are the whites? It'd make the eyes stand out better if you coloured in the whites, because having them the same colour as her skin kinda doesn't work.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Thanks for taking the time to look at my drawing PixieCP, but um... I did colour in the whites. There's not a lot of it I grant you (mostly because I have a tendency to make the pupils ridiculously huge), but I definitely do have the whites.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Once More: Constructive Criticism Please!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Okay, not really. It's not another chibi poster with outrageous proportions. However, it is another thread made by yours truly, this time I decided to test out a different style of drawing and somehow came up with this in the process... I actually have a whole bunch of drawings in my sketchbook (somehow, all of them look as though they were drawn by completely different people) but this is the only one I bothered to scan and all that. I'll probably edit this post later and get more drawings up for critique. :D

-Even so, I am Happy-

There is no real need to comment on the shadows, it's horrendous, I know. I got really lazy half-way through, especially considering the amount of frills I had. Besides, a majority of my efforts got flushed down the toilet when I shrunk this pic down to this size... -___-"

Anyway, I'm looking for more constructive criticism! Please be reasonably specific, there's no way I can improve if all I have to work on is "one of the eyes are a little off". (A better one would be something like "at that angle, the eye shouldn't be so close to the edge of the face".)

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Re: Once More: Constructive Criticism Please!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edelle on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Overall I think it's good. You certainly have proportions under control. I'm going to sound like a real meanie when I sauy this next bit though, and you'll probably start hating me, but you asked for critisism.
I know it is intentionally a limp figure, but it seems that the shoulders are lacking structure. Even when you relax all of your shoulder muscles, they don't completely slope. It's mostly the left one... errr... her right, our left. Follow the line of the arm upwards. It seems to bend funny inside the sleeve. They should also be a little broader.
The only other thing I've noticed is that she seems... unshapely. Try not to lose that structure while doing your final lines, I have trouble with that too.
I sorry if no sense make... I ramble tend to do.
You can't spell neurotic
without erotic.

Edelle
Member for 17 years

Re: Once More: Constructive Criticism Please!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:38 am

No no, I honestly want criticism I can work on so I really appreciate it Edelle. :D Those are some nice tips. I'm having actually quite a bit of difficulty with the shoulders, and in this drawing I also tried to get her to turn to her right (which was why my guidelines had less broad shoulders) but somehow I ended up having her body face towards the front and it became a little... -__-" Is there some sort of guideline I can find on drawing shoulders somewhere? I have trouble understanding the complex anatomy-teaching books. Erm, what does 'unshapely' mean? I don't really understand that part, sorry. >.<

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write that criticism Edelle! It was pretty helpful.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Your getting much better, Lunar :D

I did what I could to kinda show you how I start my shoulders <3

It basically goes like this with me: *Draw a line for the spine (I forgot to draw in in these, but its also referred to the 'line of motion'.) *Draw a circle for the head, chest and butt. *Draw more circles for joints. *Add meat to them 'bones'. <3
I doodled a girl at the right to show you my steps ^^

I hope this helped even a little <3
Attachments
Shoulders.png
(98.58 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks Rozwell, though I have to admit that my drawing is very inconsistent so I'm sure you may see worse drawings in the future along with improving ones. >.<

And yes, those simple tips will probably help me in the future. Oh while you're at it, is there anything you have to offer about toes? I'm often told that I should draw circles for each joint in this case as well, but my toes still end up looking like stubby sausages.

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Well, I could Doodle something up really quick tomorrow morning (bed time here, lol.) Heres a good ref sheet of a few different angles and poses for hands & feet I used quite a bit to understand the basics.

I can update this post with my doodle on the subject in the morning <3 I hope this helps you like it helped me :D
BTW: The artists DA page ( What-I-do-is-secret ) is awesome for reference poses as well <3

Rozwell
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lunar Eclipse on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 am

Hmmm.... Being the inconsistent semi-artist I am, I took a little break off of drawing and decided to start learning more about photoshop. I was fiddling around with brushes, layers, etc. basically just getting used to the complex tools there. How in the world did I dish out the previous pictures without knowing much about photoshop? Well, I only used 5 different tools: fill (the bucket thingy), pen, layers (is that even a tool?), wand, and brush.

I ended up creating 2 different banners; one for an RP character I have and another just because I thought of it. As I mentioned before, I was not drawing this time around. Which means that I did NOT draw the anime characters in the banners. Normally I don't post stuff like that (a.k.a. art that isn't 100% mine) but I didn't have much use for one of the banners. I like how it turned out, and I thought that it'd be a waste for it rot away in my folders, so I decided to put it up here in case anyone wanted it for their siggy.

Code: Select all
[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd270/Lazui_Lazui/Music_Banner.jpg[/img]

Lunar Eclipse
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!