Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

HeroScape Interest Check And Sign Up (open)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

HeroScape Interest Check And Sign Up (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Get ready for a long read.

Well, I geuss its about time for one, I know people have waited so here I go.

HEROSCAPE

Yah, I went there.

Introducing an interest check for the HeroScape Chronicals (Part Two). You do not need to know the backstory for HeroScape to RP, because this will not deal with the "Well Springs" the sparked the wars but instead the boredom of the gods who wish to circumvent the humdrum with old fashioned blood shed. But don't worry, you won't really fight to the death.

Or will you. . . MUAHAHAHAHAack, cough. So anyway, lets get started.

The gods of Valhalla, a world of many landscapes of swamp and mountain, desert and forest, has become a world of fervent battle and mayhem. Welcome to the world of HeroScape Chronicals. Here, Well Springs have all been either destroyed or buried. However, the beings that granted to springs the powers to call forth great warriors have long since outlived the Kyrie, and have grown bored. These beings, along with control over time, have control over the infinent dimensions, and can call upon any reality and any unreality they so choose. So, the character from that video game your playing or book your reading or T.V. show your watching can be called forth to fight through perils you have never witnessed. Yup, I'm talking to you.

So, lets get started.

Your character, known as the Captain Character, will be considered the leader of the group. S/He must be original. S/He dies, your group loses a match, or usually thats how it goes. Then you choose five other people to serve under him/her. These may be original characters, real people, or ficticious characters already created, i.g. Link or Cloud Strife

Character Skeleton

Name:

Font color to be used: (name of color in that color, i.g. #FFBF00)

Home:

Time:

Dimension: (I.E. Marvel, DC, Legend of Zelda, Harry Potter)

Race:

Appearance:

Abilities:

Sub-Skills: (anything non-combat related)

Power Level: (A chicken equals one point, (A) god equals 2000 points, you be the judge)

History:

Personality:

Your other five characters must follow this skeleton also.

Also, to keep things fair, I will implement a point system.

Each character. (100 points)
Each ability per character, exceeding two. (50 points)
Each sub-skill per character, exceeding three. (50 points)
Power level of each character added up. (varies)
Added all up, any more than 2500 points will not be accepted.

Okay, now that thats settled, lets go over the rules of the thread.

1. I am the Alpha (beggining) and Omega (end) of the thread. You defy me, I will be your Omega (end), if you play by my rules, I will be your Alpha (beggining).

2. Besides being the above, I serve as Judge, Jury, and executioner. Beware my boom stick of doom, FEAR IT!

3. No spamming. Everyone will be happy.

4. Annoy another player and you annoy me. Annoy another player who annoys me, and I will laugh. Flame another player who annoys me and I will kick you out. Flame me personally, say hello to my boom stick of doom. The knocking will be me.

5. DO NOT use a character that is already in use or on the black listed character list. They are there for a reason.

6. Thought of by another person, but I thought it was good so I'm bringing it back. Use seperate font colors when talking about a different character, with a color for each character in your posts.

7. DO NOT NOT have fun. In other words, have fun, but DO NOT NOT NOT have fun against others. As in, FEAR THE BOOM STICK OF YADA-YADA.

8. To be added bY MY BOOM STICK OF DOOM!

Characters in use.
(Name of Character)[Name of User]{Font color for character, see above}~Dimension~
(Deadpool)[DJAtomika]{Dark Red}~Marvel~
(Leon S. Kennedy)[DJAtomika]{Light Biohazard Green}~Resident Evil~
(Indiana Jones)[DJAtomika]{Sandy Biege}~Indian Jones~
(Hwoarang)[DJAtomika]{Sky Blue}~Tekken~
(Felicia)[DJAtmoika]{Pink}~Darkstalkers~
(Tal'Set)[Moblin Killer]{}~Turok~
(Benjami Tennyson)[Moblin Killer]{}~Ben 10 Alien Force~
(Tony Stark)[Moblin Killer]{}~Marvel~
(Harry Potter)[Moblin Killer]{}~Harry Potter~
(Samus Aran)[Moblin Killer]{}~Metroid~

Black listed Character
[Name] (Universe)
[Any Autobots or Decepticons] (Transformers)
[Mephisto] (Marvel)
[Death] (Anyplace, with very fw exceptions)

Thats about it. Check back for updates.

Updates.

2/20/2009- Changed format so that any character can be used for a captain.

2/20/2009- Changed Point Limit from 2000 to 2500

3/07/2009- Started In Character. Link Below.
Last edited by Moblin Killer on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If anyone knows of any good wilderness survival roleplays, I would be exuberated to hear about them or get an invite.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: HeroScape Interest Check And Sign Up (open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:57 pm

Goddamn, new rules. Ah well, I'm still gonna stick to my old team, even if it means taking out Ethan. I'm gonna think through everyone else as well.

Done. Long post is long, but its done.

EDIT : Moblin, I do believe your posts lack a bit of explanation. The captain character, for instance. S/He is to be original, yes, but does s/he have to conform to earthly standards? i.e. Does s/he have to be all human? Or the player's own creation that happens to originate from Earth? The abilities, you hafta specify what kind of abilities. If I'm assuming that the captain character is a pure human, then s/he will not have any special abilities other than the training for an occupation, or some form of education. My captain character depends on you giving me the details about these two things, and adding them into your post.

Total points : 600 + 100 + 150 + 185 + 190 + 215 + 175 + 200 = 1815

Captain

Name: Christopher 'Chris' Brown

Font color to be used: Default black.

Home: Earth, more specifically, New York City, the USA.

Time: Current.

Dimension: -

Race: Human

Appearance: Not to be confused with black RnB singer Chris Brown, Christopher is a 6' tall Caucasian male, with auburn brown hair that appears to be scruffy but is actually his hairstyle. He usually wears a white business-suit shirt, top buttons unbuttoned and a tie loosely fastened around the collar, sleeves rolled up to his wrists, and a pair of blue denim jeans and white sneakers. He wears a pair of black fingerless gloves over his hands, and has a wristwatch around his right wrist.

Abilities: Pyromancer - He is able to create and control fire.

Sub-Skills: Video Game Addict - Is able to recognise most, if not all, video game characters.

Power Level: 150

History: Born to a pair of average parents, went to an average school, did well, until the middle of high school, when he discovered he could control fire. He was booted out of school, his parents abandoned him for being a freak. He roamed the streets, doing odd-jobs and part-time work until he got brought to Valhalla by the gods for their games.

Personality: Very open and friendly.

Teammates

1) Name: Deadpool. Real name unknown.

Font color to be used: Dark red, almost brown.

Home: Earth

Time: 2000's

Dimension: Marvel

Appearance: Image

Abilities: Swiftness - Able to move twice, even three times as fast as anything he encounters, Agility - Is able to make complex leaps and jumps that even Olympic gymnasts can't do, Healing Factor - Recovers from injuries faster than anything.

Sub-Skills: Comic Relief - Cracks jokes to lighten the mood.

Power Level: 185

History: Deadpool's complete history, courtesy of Wikipedia.

Personality: Cracks jokes very frequently, has a very weird sense of humour. Is a source of comic relief during intense situations or boring moments.

2) Name: Leon S. Kennedy

Font color to be used: Light Biohazard Green

Time: 2000's

Dimension: Resident Evil

Abilities: Sharpshooter - Is extremely accurate with any modern firearm he wields, Law Enforcement - His loud shouts cause slight fear in weaker enemies, Police Training - His training at the Raccoon City Police Department gives him extra endurance and strength.

Sub-Skills: Alert - Being a police officer, he is more alert than the others, save for Felicia and Indy, who are just about his equals.

Power Level: 190

History: Leon's short Wiki page.

Personality: Protects the people around him like stolen treasure, very loyal to his friends.

3) Name: Indiana 'Indy' Jones

Font color to be used: Sandy Beige

Time: 1980s

Dimension: Indiana Jones series of movies.

Abilities: Survivalist - Is able to take advantage of his environment to deal extra damage and provide extra defensive capability, Brawler - He is able to inflict more damage with fists and feet.

Sub-Skills: Observant - He is able to spot things that others normally don't notice, Thinker - He can solve puzzles and disarm traps with a degree of ease.

Power Level: 215

History: Indy's Wiki page.

Personality: Silent, witty. Very much the thinker that he is, although he can beat someone in a good brawl.

4) Name: Hwoarang

Font color to be used: Sky Blue

Home: Earth, more specifically Korea.

Time: 2006

Dimension: Tekken series of arcade and console games.

Abilities: Tae Kwon Do - He is an expert at this fighting art, does more damage when he uses the style against enemies, Fighter - Having participated in some of The King of Iron Fist Tournaments, he has experience in fighting against other skilled fighters.

Sub-Skills: -

Power Level: 175

History: Hwoarang's history.

Personality: Keeps to himself, especially in the midst of strangers. Often muses to himself in his native Korean.

5) Name: Felicia

Font color to be used: Pink

Time: 2000s

Dimension: Darkstalkers

Race: Half-girl, half-cat.

Appearance: Here

Abilities: Agility - Felicia, being half-cat, has twice the normal agility of a normal person, Shifter - She is able to shift between a feline form and her catgirl form.

Sub-Skills: -

Power Level: 200

History: Wiki page on Felicia.

Personality: Bubbly, outgoing, very friendly, especially to those that share her half-feline appearance.
Last edited by DJAtomika on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

For I, am The Darkness...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:59 pm

(( Okay, for some reason, RPGateway won't let me use colors on text. This is proving to be very annoying. Turn the color back on. ))

Okay, Captain character can be anything from any dimension, but must be original. This means S/He can be from Harry Potter, but must be a character not used in the books, or a person from Final Fantasy 7, but cannot be one of the main characters. All other characters in the group can be original characters or pre-made, as in already thought of by someone else.

My team. Auto-Accepted.

Total Points, 2070

Captain

Name: Jack Newground

Font color to be used: Default Black

Home: Earth, New York City

Time: 2009

Dimension: Ours

Appearance: 6 ft, 3 in. Wears a leather vest over a dark under shirt. Denim pants and work boots. Brown hair, blue eyes. Cheap black watch on his wrist.

Abilities: Resourceful, Media Viewer (can recognize any character from media e.g. Movies or Video Games)

Sub-Skills: Cook, Motivational

Power Level: 110

History: Normal teenager from Earth, 16 years old Jack makes his wages working at an Electronics Store.

Personality: Tends to make mistakes but usually corrects them. While kind at heart, he can become coldhearted when needed.

Name: Tal'Set

Font color to be used:

Home: Lost World

Time: 1800's

Dimension: Turok

Appearance:Here

Abilities: Resourceful, Adaptable, Warrior, Planner, Camoflouge.

Sub-Skills: High Stamina, Hunter, People Reader

Power Level: 195

History: Tal'Set is a Native American, although it's never said what tribe he's from a lot of people think that he's a Kiowa. a lot of people say that because all of the heroes in the Turok series are descendants of the Fireseed's. After his tribe was wiped out by a man named Brucner, he and Brucner were sucked into the Lost World. After fighting him and killing him eventually, he attacked the Slegs, an evil race of lizard people.

Personality: While he comes across as cold, Tal'Set usually helps those who need him.

Name: Benjamin Tennyson (Better known as Ben Ten)

Font color to be used:

Home: Earth, Bellwood

Time: 2012

Dimension: Ben Ten Alien Force

Abilities: Transform (Can change into forms of other aliens by changing his DNA, giving him other abilities)

Sub-Skills: Annoyance

Power Level: 250

History: (From Wikipedia entry on Ben Tennyson) When Ben puts the Omnitrix back on, it recalibrates, giving him access to a new set of alien forms; in addition, it reconfigures into a more watch-like shape and gains additional abilities, such as repairing genetic damage. It also carries a new weakness: if Ben's aliens are hurt, Ben himself retains the injuries when he reverts to human form, though this has not proven to be any real problem so far. Contrary to the Omnitrix's previous ill-timed deactivations, the new Omnitrix seems to remain active as long as it needs to. Ben changes back to human form at will, and does not need to wait to transform into another alien. However, its power will eventually deplete and requires time to recharge.

In the original series, the name of "Ben 10" is never mentioned, as most of his allies, enemies and others call him by his real name. However, his hero's name is mentioned a few times in Alien Force, first in Ben 10 Returns, when the Highbreed leader state that "Ben 10 is back" learning about him having put the Omnitrix back on, then in Good Copy, Bad Copy, where he's called Ben 10 by a Forever Knight and later by Albedo. It seems that, in Alien Force, Ben has become quite famous in the alien underground, the fish-like alien Magister referring to him as "the legendary Ben Tennyson", and Mike Morningstar mentioning that he is a big fan of Ben's, and is surprised to see him after his five-year disappearance.

Personality: Mature and resourceful character, having learned the value of teamwork through his role as a goalkeeper for his soccer team, and at the same time growing out of his childish antics of the past.

Name: Tony Stark

Font color to be used:

Time: 2008

Dimension: Marvel

Abilities: Iron Skin, Flight, Repulsor Blast

Sub-Skills: Genius, Fixer

Power Level: 285

History: Born Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark, he suffers a severe heart injury during a kidnapping and is forced to build a destructive weapon. He instead creates a power suit to save his life and help him escape. He later decides to use the suit to protect the world as the superhero, Iron Man. He is a wealthy industrialist and genius inventor who created military weapons and whose metal suit is laden with technological devices that enable him to fight crime.

Personality: A billionaire industrialist and master engineer with a plethora of playboy vices, Tony Stark comes across as a person who only cares about himself. However, when needed, he helps if possible. Over the years, he has become more mature, but makes the occasional quip.

Name: Harry Potter

Font color to be used:

Home: Earth, England

Time: 2023

Dimension: Harry Potter

Race: Human, Wizard

Appearance: Messy, unkempt hair, hiding a small lightning bolt shaped scar. Pair of glasses infront of green eyes. Leather Jacket over a black undershirt. Denim pants and a pair of leather boots. Black wrist band on his left arm that vibrates when someone wishing him harm is near.

Abilities: Magic Cast

Sub-Skills: Resourceful, Motivational

Power Level: 180

History: After six years of schooling in a wizards boarding academy named Hogwarts, and also fighting off many evil villians of his world, Harry now lives with his sweatheart from school, and has a child who now goes to Hogwarts.

Personality: While somewhat shy, Harry has grown serious throught his life and close brushes with death. When faced with a challenge, Harry's first reaction is to save as many people as possible.

Name: Samus Aran

Font color to be used:

Home: None, moves through space as a Bounty Hunter

Time: Unknown

Dimension: Metroid

Race: Human/Chozo Hybrid

Abilities: Iron Skin, Blaster Weapon, Morph Ball

Sub-Skills: Map Maker, Agility

Power Level: 200

History: The official Metroid manga details the events of Samus' childhood on the planetary colony of K-2L and depicts the Space Pirate attack which resulted in the deaths of all the colonists, including Samus' parents, Rodney and Virginia. The 3 year-old Samus miraculously survived and was found by the Chozo, who took the orphaned girl back to their home planet of Zebes where she would be raised. The subsequent volume of the manga portrays Samus' upbringing on Zebes, and her training with the Chozo there. In order to survive against the harsh environment of Zebes, the Chozo infused Samus with their DNA, providing her with enhanced physical abilities. As she grew older, the Chozo elders armored Samus in her Power Suit with which they developed and trained her as a warrior, eventually sending the young girl out to fulfill their legacy and become protector of the galaxy.

Personality: A battle hardened warrior, Samus still shows sympathy for many creatures, which usually gets her into tight situations. Dosen't like to be in one place to long.
Last edited by Moblin Killer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:49 am

Bumping thread for RPers to look through.

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Accepted DJAtomica. Now maybe I'll start the In-Character Thread.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Name:

Font color to be used: standard Red (how do I edit the HEX codes? >_>)

Home: Hell, Earth (London)

Time: 1990

Dimension: Good Omens

Race: Demon

Appearance: Dresses all in expensive black, dark hair, good cheekbones, golden serpentine eyes behind his ever-present sunglasses

Abilities: Preventing movement, generally immortal, good with guns, can change things in to weapons

Sub-Skills: Raise the dead, transform things in to animals, causing music put in his car to warp in to Best of Queen anthologies

Power Level: 1600

History: Brought in to being in 4004 BC (beginning of the universe), Crowley was made a demon. However, he was cast down to Hell (alongside Lucifer), but God let him in to the Garden of Eden: as the Serpent. In 1990, he diverted the Apocalypse with the help of his friend, the angel Aziraphel.

Personality: Calm, cool, and evil. Loves his car.

Will add CS's:

Gordon Freeman
The G-Man (both from Half-Life)
Death (Discworld, does this count, as an immortal personification?)
Doryn Tortura (Original character, Haven House)
Anderson Council (Original character, Evolution in Leaps And Bounds)

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Well, uh, you shoud probably make sure you can fit them all into your group or the fairness system is goin to cut down your group and abilities. Your group total can only be 2500 points, so conserve, then add. Anyway, the font color system is wonky as of late, so I'm going to get that fixed by the mods if I can. Lets just see if I can.

Also, Death would be a little extreme for a character, maybe exchange him or cut him off all together.

I'm going to start the IC now. DJAtomica, be ready.

Here it is.

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroscape-chronicals-t18752.html

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Got it. My post will go up in time.

Oh, and I don't see how you can't use colour. I use colour perfectly fine. o_o

DJAtomika
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:19 pm

I don't now why either. Every time, an info at the bottom of the window says error on page.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!