Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Honor Among G's? *MATURE*

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Honor Among G's? *MATURE*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:22 pm

Many things can be said about the city of Purple Springs. A metropolis; to some, it's a tourist hot spot, chock full of malls, entertainment, and foods from around the world. To some, it's the lap of luxury, where Fortune 500 CEO's, movie stars, and other artists live in secluded mansion filled communities. For others, it's hell, living in the slums and ghetto that consume a staggering 53% of the city's area. But for all, one thing is a fact; The Purple Lords virtually dominate every aspect of illegal activity in the city. The law basically leaves them to their operations, the elite turn a blind eye to them, the lower class treat them with respect almost to the point of royalty, and the competition is crushed under their mighty hand.

Hello, welcome to this game of mine. Now that I've caught your attention, and you see what this game's about a bit, let me explain further into what's going on in the game! All players will be members of the Purple Lords gang, and my character is the young leader. What has happened, a few months ago, my character; who was the protege' of the old and long standing leader; killed his boss and his most loyal supporters, and set himself up as the new ruler of Purple Springs. Some love him, some hate him. What your character's feelings are, well those are up to you! Will you be a supporter of mine, respecting my character's aggressiveness in seizing what he wanted? Or will you hate him, disliking his style and wishing that the old leader and his calmer ways were still in practice? Will you be a loyal friend of mine, or will you work in the shadows with others to try and undermine me? That is what this game is about, and I'd love to see many players with all kinds of motives involved, working together and against eachother for their own selfish gains.

By the way, all are welcome, just please make a character that's somewhat original, please keep in mind this game is mature, and no godding of any kind. Other than that, regular standards and all that. Fill out the character sheet and display it in your initial post. Have fun :)

Name: David Johssel (Last name unknown to all but a few of the highest ranked members), AKA Boss, King David
Appearance: 6'3", 195 Lbs., Milotto skin (comes from white mother black father). Shoulder length black hair kept in a tight braid, dark brown eyes, currently wearing white AF1's, fresh black Dickies pants, fresh white tee, and his signature KD and PL chains, two gold rings and a rolex watch.
Weapons/Equipment: On hand: Glock Nine and switch blade, In Car/Personal Arsenal: AK-47, Mossburg Shotgun, Double barrel sawed off, Uzi, MP5.
History: Raised in the Purple Lords, David has spent his entire existance living this life. After taking control of the gang, David has been taking the group in a very direct and violent direction of ruling the city.

A short and loosely defined Rank listing:

Wannabe: Not an official member, yet to prove themselves and be jumped in.
Soldier: The first official rank, jumped in with official protection and rights.
Senior Soldier: A soldier that has pull over the others, not in a position of significant power but is recognized and respected for the time they've been in the gang or their deeds. This rank can have a variety of names, i.e. Hustler, Dealer, Enforcer, etc.
Underboss: Can have a small group of soldiers under their direct control, and has a say over small matters and can conduct minor business without consent from the Bosses.
Boss: The members that only answer to David. They can do pretty much anything they please without his express permission, although any major operations must be run by him first.
Last edited by Axle on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Honor Among G's? *MATURE*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:26 pm

'Shit, gonna be late for my own meeting... If it hadn't been for those stupid fucks I had to deal with, I'd already be there..' David thought to himself, as he tore through the city streets as he headed toward the warehouse that he was supposed to meet a large group of his gang at. It was a welcoming ceremony of sorts; many newcomers that had been certified would be there to have David speak to them, while a number of higher and highest ranked members would be there, whether it be to speak to David about business or to just attend.

"GODDAMMIT MOVE! It's a fucking green light!!!" David yelled, as he was stuck in a bit of a traffic jam in a busy intersection. "Fuckin' shit..." David mumbled, as he pulled out a blunt and lit it, cranking up the beats and sitting back as he waited for traffic to move.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Name: Vanessa Mitchell
Appearance: 5'7, curvy but slender, Long dark brown hair, Bright green eyes, full light pink lips that match her lightly tanned skin.
Weapons/Equipment: Silver and Black Smith and Wesson 9mm Sigma, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Firestar .45, and an extra clip for each. Switchblade, Butterfly knife, four throwing knives, and one small blade hidden somewhere that even David had yet to find. At home, she has a sawed-off shotgun, an Uzi, and a vast collection of blades.
History: Orphaned at the age of six, with nowhere to go and no friends to turn to, she set out upon the streets, fending for herself. At the age of eleven, she met David. He inspired her. He still does.
She prides herself in her beauty... and her deadly abilities with a gun. With her hands. With a blade. With anything, actually. Her beauty was one of the reasons that she was now the best weapon for the people she worked with. She could lure in the bait, using sexuality for the distraction, then kill them without a second though, disposing of all evidence. She's a triple threat... Beauty, Brains, and skilled with a weapon. All the beauty of being a professionally licensed bounty hunter.

Vanessa paced the doorway, her hair flowing behind her. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?" She exclaimed impatiently to no one. She stopped, pursing her lips and taking a deep breath, glaring at the door. He was late.. He was NEVER late, but today he would be late. She shook her head, licking her pink lips, standing still for a moment to compose herself. She smoothed down the front of her suit, the black fabric falling back into perfect place. She had just recently taken to wearing a woman's business suit- but not a skirt - to the meetings and other things that were more... professional. She had not, however, left the better parts of her wardrobe at home. Armed to a 'T', she was happy that the suit served not only as the illusion of actual 'Business' but also a perfect way for her to carry and others not to notice. She had the Firestar .45 tucked safely in it's inner pants holster, and the Browning 9mm in a shoulder holster. Both had their own extra clip slipped somewhere convenient, hidden to civilian's eyes. Then, on her right hip, in plain sight, she wore her Smith and Wesson 9mm Sigma with it's extra clip happily beside it. Her throwing knives were dispersed evenly, all somewhere easy to access, with a switchblade in one pocket and a butterfly knife in the other. Her black heels clicked against the ground as she began to pace again.

[Let me know what you think... and if you like the character idea and such.]
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Name: Javan King
Appearance: Javan stands at just over 6-foot even. His body his thick and heavy with muscle, so much so that he weighs substantially more than others of his height. He wears a brand-new pair of black-and-red meshed shoes, and incredibly baggy, dark jeans that are barely held around his waist by a flimsy belt. Occasionally, he has a purple bandanna tied around the top half of his round head. He typically wears a bullet-proof vest against his bare chest, and has several, indiscriminate, tribal tattoos decorating his entire body. His skin is incredibly dark, although he has a few whitish scars on his knuckles and arms.

Weapons/Equipment: Javan has a Colt .45 tucked into the back of his jeans, to the point of near-concealment. He also has a switchblade in his front pocket, and his bullet-proof vest, which is either on his person, or in the trunk of his late-70's model Cadillac.

History: Javan King was born in the heart of Purple Springs' ghetto. With almost no ethics or morality, he soon realized that drug dealers and hustlers were the only people who could escape the disgusting world he had been forced into. Soon enough, he began committing petty crimes, and skipping school. Eventually, he worked his way up to violent robberies, and was formally removed from the school system at a young age. More recently, however, he has been intrigued by the prospect of more racketeering and organized crime styled endeavors, such as loan-sharking.

Javan's heart was slamming against the inside of his chest, but his hands moved without shaking. He was in one of the upper-class shopping-and-recreational centers of Purple Springs, where the rich and pompous came to sip lattes and look down upon the ghetto. His bandanna had been pulled from the top of his head, and re-tied behind his neck so that it concealed most of his face. A hairy, well-dressed man was scrambling away from Javan, forced onto one knee, as the other had recently been shot. Blood was pouring from the man's leg onto the road, and traffic was beginning to pull over in a combination of fear and excitement. Javan took a few, slow, cold-blooded steps towards the man, who was unable to get away with his freshly crippled leg. Javan aimed his Colt .45 quickly, and so closely it nearly touched the side of the man's fleshy face. Javan's muscular, dark hand gripped the handle of the gun for a few seconds, as his eyes quickly scanned his surroundings. Finally, he pulled the trigger. Blood splattered against the decorative tiles, and against Javan's well-defined chest. He immediately dashed for his car, his powerful legs touching the ground in short bursts as he made his getaway. He moved as quickly and easily as only one who spent his life running-- from criminals, from the police, from life-- could. As he slid into the driver's seat, he heard sirens. He was halfway down the block before he could hear them again, and sweat began to drip down his face. He began to think to himself, "Shit. I hope to fuckin' god that David's alright with 'dis. Shit." He looked in his mirror, and realized he had easily zoomed off from the unwanted tail. "If he's not. Shit. I ain't gonna' worry about it." He wiped his forehead with a hand quickly, and removed his bandanna. "That dude wasn't payin' up. I hadda' send a message. Right?" Naturally, contemplating to himself gave him no consolation, but he did it anyways as he slowly pulled into one of Purple Springs' most crumbling and run-down neighborhoods.

[Tell me if there is anything you'd like me to change with this character, or the rest of the post, please.]

adamzerk
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:39 pm

OOC: Both characters look great guys, glad to have you aboard :). And I edited the initial post, putting up a quick rank list.

IC: David finally got through all the traffic, hit the freeway, and was now bearing down on the warehouse. He turned off the street, pulling through the gates where five soldiers stood off to the sides, weapons at the ready for any trouble. David spoke to one of the soldiers saying, "Hey bud, what's shakin'?" the soldier just shook his head and said, "Ain't nothin' shakin' but the leaves in the trees boss." David nodded as he pulled in, parking just a few feet to the right of the front door. He stepped out, securing his glock in his waistband, and took another hit off the blunt.

David walked through the door, and saw a small army gathered in the warehouse; and just a few feet in front of him was Vanessa. 'Damn, bitch looks pissed!' David said as he smiled and said, "Hey sugah tits, how ya doin'?" David then extended the blunt out to her, seeing if she wanted to hit it as well.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Javan sat awkwardly in his car, his shoes against the dashboard, pressing his knees against his chest. His large thumbs made attempts to spell out a message on his cell-phone, but, as he was clumsy with the small electronic, he had to stop and erase the previous word to correct himself every so often. After a few minutes had passed, he finally managed to finish off the short text. He selected 'David' under 'Contacts', and carefully pressed 'Select' with the nail of his index finger.

To: David
"Hey man, it's J. You want me to come down to that meeting thing? We have to talk about something, too."

He leaned back in the driver's seat, letting one arm droop over the armrest as he nonchalantly steered with the other. He sighed as he passed a few failing businesses, and watched some children run about in the street. He looked down, realizing his chest was still wet with his enemy's blood, and quickly rubbed at it with his forearm. He then scratched at the blood with his free hand, doing little more than spread it around. He let out another hissing sigh as he fumbled through his pockets for a cigarette.

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Just as David had extended the blunt out to Vanessa, his phone made a ding-dong sound. He pulled it out of his pocket and saw that he had a text message; he opened it and read it. "Ah, Javan..." David said quietly to himself. He texted back quickly; the message read, "Yo man come down fosho, we'll smoke some trees and talk biz for a split. Peace" David sent it out, and took another hit as he stood waiting for Vanessa, who seemed a little distracted herself, to say hi to him. 'Bitch lookin' good as always...' David thought to himself, as he casually eyed her up and down a minute while she was looking away...

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Javan glanced down at his cell-phone, read the message, and nodded. He had finally found a cigarette, lighting it with a cheap lighter. He slowly backed out of the block of slums. He rolled down his window, exhaling some smoke outside of it as he looked out both sides of the car. "Shit," He thought, looking around. "Where is 'dat warehouse...?" He tapped his index finger against his forehead a few times, then quickly turned around and sped off in another direction. He rolled his fingers along the top of his steering wheel, peering in an almost paranoid fashion out over the top of it, through the windshield. As the warehouse slowly came into sight, he flicked the dying stub of the cigarette from his mouth, and turned into the parking lot.

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 pm

David hit the blunt again, and decided he'd stand outside for a bit and get some air. "Yo Van, I'ma step out for a split a'ight." David said, as he walked outside. Just then, Javan was pulling up. David waved as he stood against the wall, and said to Javan as he stepped out of his car, "Hey man, what's crackin'? You said you had business or summin'?" David took another hit, taking the smoke in deep before exhaling a huge cloud as he waited for Javan to join him.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 pm

"'Ey, David, 'ey." Javan nodded quickly as he clicked open his car-door and half-jogged to the Purple Lords' boss. "Yeah, man..." he trailed off, looking upwards idly, then towards the warehouse. He scratched his slightly unshaven, unkempt face and turned to David. "Well, you see, man. I's tryin' to move on into loans." He coughed into his fist. Not necessarily because he was nervous, so much as a repercussion from David's smoke. "An' this dude wasn't gonna' pay. I figure, y'know, 'dat's puttin' out a bad image for us, right? So I, eh, took it upon myself, you know, to take care a' 'da situation." He gestured with his hands eccentrically as he spoke, then finally let out a small sigh. "I was gonna' run the plan by you first, but I saw tha' dude down by this coffee-shop, so I just handled it then." He shrugged, then finally asked, "So, I was wonderin', whatchu' think 'bout all that? It cool wit' you?"

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drauka on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 am

Name: Known only as Drauka. (It means Death)
Appearance: 6'1", 185 Lbs., Devilishly handsome, caucasion, but well tanned. Tightly toned muscular build. Not the biggest guy, but pound for pound the strongest. Has been known to knock out men almost twice his size with ease. Calm, quiet demeaner. Someone who never shows emotion. This is a guy you dont want to piss off. Wearing a black, silk button up, with black, silk-like pants. Black shoes with a touch of dark red in them.
Weapons/Equipment: On hand: Dual Uzis custom made, Glock Nine and brass knuckles, In Car/Personal Arsenal: M60 Custom machine gun, Double barrel sawed off shotgun, NTW-20 anti-material sniper rifle.
History: Raised in a wealthy neighborhood, was orphaned when his father commited murder-suicide after losing his job. With no one to take care of him the money was lost in translation and he was put in an innercity orphanage. At an early age, met David and became fast friends. Because of the well funded upbringing he's a very bright person that generally knows everything about you before you even know that he exists.

Drauka
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drauka on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:00 am

Standing in the back of the warehouse next to the door he slipped through unnoticed, Drauka slowly scans the people gathered, taking them all in and registering each face. He noticed David walk in briefly and speak to Vanessa before exiting out the main door once more. 'Weird, he's usually never late, and now, when he is, he went right back outside? I'd better go see whats up.' Drauka thought to himself. He walks slowly around the outside of the crowd, not drawing more than a few blank stares from the new recruits. As he approaches Vanessa he gives her a little wink and says," Hey sweetie, how's it goin'?" then continues on out the door to see what is holding David up. As he walks outside he hears the latter part of Javan's confession to David about his misfortunes in the loan shark business.' That one is going to cause problems if we don't reign him in a bit.' He thought, absent mindedly adding that to the mental notes he keeps. "Dave, we gonna do this today? Or wait for half these kids to piss themselves in anticipation?" He dryly remarked.

Drauka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 am

David listened to Javan, and just smiled and said, "Gotta send a message when needed, that's wassup my man. No worries, no one will miss some rich man that couldn't keep a deal." Just then, David heard Drauka speak. "Dave, we gonna do this today? Or wait for half these kids to piss themselves in anticipation?"

David turned to him and grinned, saying, "Well, I thought about bull shittin' a bit more, but yeah, guess I should get this shit done and over with.. Have somethin for us to do after this anyways. But we'll discuss that in a bit." David then made his way into the warehouse, Drauka just a few steps behind him.

After entering, David made his way toward a slightly raised platform that the group of gangsters were gathered in front of. The banter between the members of the group hushed, as David stood before them. "Welcome newcomers, to your new Family. As you know, I am King David, ruler of Purple Springs with an iron fist. All of you are here for a reason; you've proven yourself worthy of Soldier status, and have earned a stripe by being jumped in. I welcome you all, as my comrades and almost as my new children. Understand, that the Purple Lords will expect nothing but the best of you, and nothing but absolute loyalty from you. Cheat me, your bosses, or even your fellow soldiers, and the consequences will be harmful or fatal. But do right by us, and we'll do right by you. I look forward to helping all of you move up, as well as having all of you help strengthen the Purple Lords as a whole. Again, welcome, do not disappoint me." And with that, David made his way off the stage, the whoops and cheers of the new soldiers at his back.

David made his way back over toward the door, Vanessa still standing there with Drauka by his side now as well. "Well, now that that's over with," David started, "I think we should head to a bar or club, grab a drink and discuss a few things. What do you guys think?" David stood, pulling his nine out and idly fiddling with it.

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drauka on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:28 am

Drauka offers up the name of a local club, "The Prancing Dragon is a nice, quiet club we can get a private booth at." he says." I own the owners, so we dont have to worry about waiting for the VIP room either."

Drauka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Javan nodded as David spoke to him, then leaned against the outside of the warehouse during the small speech. He sighed a few times, looked at his watch, and eventually decided on having another cigarette. Every so often, he would open a door slightly, to take a look at how things were going. Finally, deciding to end his anti-social spell, he pushed open the door and stepped inside as David was done speaking. He walked towards the new recruits, adjusting the Colt .45 in the back of his jeans uncomfortably as he did so. He flared his large nostrils, taking in a deep breath before finally coming within eyesight of the new Soldiers.

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:20 pm

"Hmm, sounds good." David said to Drauka. "What the hell are Javan and Vanessa doin'?.." David said to no one in particular, typing a text message reading, 'Come outside the warehouse' and sending it to both Javan and Vanessa. The blunt was long gone, so David pulled out a Camel Wide and lit it up, taking a drag and feeling the nicotine hit his lungs. He waited for Javan and Vanessa, making small banter with Drauka while he did so.

OOC: Eymber, where'd you go? :P

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Javan was speaking with some of the new recruits, about potential work as muscle for his loan-sharking ring, when his phone beeped a few times. He glanced down at it, then nodded. "'Ey," he mumbled to the thugs he had been talking with, "I'ma have to catch y'all later, a'ight?" Without even waiting for a response, he walked off towards the doors of the warehouse. He pushed them open, glanced up at the sky, and then began to look around for David.

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:51 pm

David saw Javan walk out of the warehouse, but he didn't see David. David made a sharp whistle, and waved at Javan when he looked in David's direction. "Sup mang, what's crackin?" David hollered.

OOC: If Eymber doesn't show soon, we'll have to continue with our little mission without her... EYMBER!!! *throws a french fry at j00!!!1!* :P

Axle
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adamzerk on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:55 am

"Oh. 'Ey, man." Javan quickly replied, jogging over to David. He put an arm up over his face, blocking the upper-half of his muscular frame from the sun. "So. Whass'up, man? What are we doin'?"

adamzerk
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Vanessa was indeed in her own world. It was not until David came back in to speak that she snapped out of it. For some reason, she had been thinking about her parents. She shook her head once, closing her eyes to shake away the memory. She then made her way to David's side on the platform, just one step behind him and to his left. As he was saying his last sentance, she slipped off the stage and returned to her position at the door, checking quickly outside for any potential threats.
The others came to stand near here, and discussions for evening plans were underway as they exited the building. She took a moment to observe, see if anyone was following them, then started out the door. Even as she was doing this, her phone vibrated in her pocket, asking her to join them. The rest of the little group had already come, and were talking among themselves. She came to stand beside her leader, once again just a step behind and to the left. Perfect bodyguard attitude. Not that she was... or that he needed one.. She caught herself smiling ever so slightly towards David as she spoke quietly, but not hushed. She didn't see the need to speak loud enough for anyone other than those she was addressing to hear. "What's the plan, boys?" Her emerald optics coming to find the eyes of each of the boys in the little 'circle', then finally David's.

[[OOC: Sorry!!!! I'm so sorry! I had forgotten to add this one to my subscribed topics and my stoned ass completely let it slip my mind!! Don't shoot me, Leader! -=grins =- ]]

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!