Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Idea [+Interest Check & Planning]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minit on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 pm

A'ight, so here is my idea: You create a character, and play with it in a world of my creation.

That was a joke, please pretend some laughter. Seriously, though, here's what I want to try; three sisters own a shop in a city, that sells very unusual wares. The items these sisters possess are magical and strange; a collection of seemingly lifeless objects which change in a remarkable way! These objects change into creatures; call them companions, call them familiars, call them whatever you wish. After these creatures hatch from their items, the oldest of the sisters appears and announces something even more miraculous; a magical portal machine to...

...Where? Well, she's not sure. So she asks you to play guinea pigs, and use the portal. She'll give you a pack, and a journal, and a sort of communication device she hopes will work between her place, and the other place. After you step through the portal you'll be basically on your own; the eldest sister didn't make it clear whether the communication device would work or not.

Now, I was thinking of letting this go two ways;

a.) Portal goes to: The Emerald Isles
[Some communication allowed, but basically you spend the time in the Isles exploring, data cataloging, and trying to find a way back home.]
b.) Portal goes to: Kingdom of Ostun
[Large plot involving a mystery. If you help the Queens of this realm with their problem, they'll help you in a more material way. There are also side-quests if you find the correct NPC's, and players can leave Ostun any time they wish.]

Interested? Want to help? Have some suggestions? Let me know. Feel free to brainstorm with me. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Minit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minit on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:33 pm

Environment/Gameplay:
Emerald Isles

Three islands that are grouped together and surrounded by a pristine and clear blue ocean. These three islands have very distinct features; one features mountains, plains and valleys, another is completely forested (and was the first one discovered, which the others were named for), the last is almost a complete desert except for the areas around the beach, which is rocky and hazardous to passing ships. Moving between the three islands is expressly forbidden by the people, and they do not commerce with one another. Each island has a distinct culture and different mysteries to discover; as well as an interesting and unique array of new/unusual/unique/rare evolving items. The most unusual thing about these islands, though? The creatures that hide in them. (Think Pokemon.)

Kingdom of Ostun:

Seven Queens rule this divided Kingdom, and they are ruled by an eighth, their ancestors. All the Queens are sisters, but they rule their kingdoms in different ways; some rule with an iron fist, while others less 'rule' and more 'guide.' However, some naughty inhabitants have discovered the greatest of all royal secrets; one of the Queen's true name. Queens in Ostun never use their own names, but the name of their part of the kingdom, a name passed on from generations long ago. They are blackmailing the Queen whose name they have, and have threatened to uncover the names of her sisters. Will the adventurers help her? Or will they assist the black-mailers? Maybe they'd rather just line their own pockets with gold from free-lance quests. Seven Queens and sections of kingdom; each with their own way of ruling. Will tradition fall? Will a new way of life emerge? There are fewer unique evolving items in Ostun than in the Isles, but there are more quests to be done, and better rewards.

More: (Almost all of this information is being copied-over from my PHAIL'D Gaia thread. You can view that here.)

PLEASE brainstorm with me, guys!
Last edited by Minit on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Minit
Member for 16 years

Re: Idea [+Interest Check & Planning]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm interested! Will we be able to play parts as the sisters? if yes, can I reserve a spot the youngest one of the mediumest [wtf? lol] one? Lol.
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minit on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:49 am

Well, I was going to play the three sisters, simply because each of them has their own distinct personality, which I thought would be a fun quirk for the shop. The oldest sister is currently their guardian, as their parents recently passed away in an 'accident' no one can explain.

(Silver) The oldest of them is the most mature, and so she strays between being overprotective and friendly to being downright stern. While she is mostly openly friendly, there are times when she snaps at the middle sister. The oldest sister's job is to work in the back room of the shop; she develops new ideas for the shop and also works on her projects like the portal and other neat gadgets.

(Gem) The middle sister is just a downright snob; she doesn't give a crap about anyone who comes in the shop, and rarely smiles at anyone who comes through the doors. If someone asks her a question, she directs them to her younger sister, rather than help. The middle sister works the register, and orders new items when the stock is low. It's rumored that she and the oldest sister are in fierce competition at developing something for the portal, but neither one will openly admit such, and they'd rather compete than help each other.

(Mina) The youngest of the three is openly cheery and never has a bad mood or a frown. She knows the most about the stores inventory, and can help just about anyone find the right companion for them. Her upbeat personality often gets on the middle sister's nerves, but the youngest ignores such things. Even if an argument breaks out between the youngest and the middle, the oldest will intervene before any feelings are hurt.

...I really would like to play all three of them, but if it gets to be too much, you can play one?

Minit
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:20 pm

Ooh, I think I would be interested in joining!
One question, though: Are all the characters' storylines going to be intermingled in some way since the beginning? Or are each of them going to be pretty much separate from each other, making them meet up or face each other once they are transported to this new, alternate reality?

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Minit on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:33 pm

I was going to leave the groups or whatnot to you guys. I know some people don't play well with others, and prefer to go their own way, and if that's what they want, that's fine with me. Also, I know some people do like to do group things, so if you want to be in a group with other people, you'll have to work that out with the other people. I don't really have any sort of storyline to have everyone involved in at the moment. I do have an opener, which goes something like this;

Months after the mysterious accidental deaths of Mr. and Mrs. Adnym, the trail leads cold. The police can find nothing to incriminate anyone, and the three sisters left abandoned have to move on with their lives. Taking up their parent's dreams, the sisters open a store, and send colorful fliers out all over the city, advertising their new and mysterious shop.

I'm assuming anyone who comes into the shop will be brought by the fliers, but who knows, some could be family friends or relatives or something. :3

Um, so yes. If you want a group, find other people who want to share the group with you. If you don't want a group, that's fine. [I think that will work, anyway.]

Minit
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!