Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Inseparable, aren't they?

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Inseparable, aren't they?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Victoria checked her watch time and time again. She was waiting for the bus that early in the morning. The chill of the morn didn't bother her; actually, she liked it. But, right now, all she could think about was getting through another day of high school. Well, that and meeting her best friend. They have been together ever since they had first met and they always shared laughs and cries. 'High school without him would be like hell.' Tori thought as she exhaled, puffs of steam forming in front of her face. She had always thought the both of them would be just best friends nothing more. 'Honestly, I don't think of him in that way. That would make everything much, much more awkward.' The rest of the school thought differently, though.

Tori's jet black hair was tied up in its usual ponytail as she wore her skinny jeans and her turquoise shirt. She didn't want to bring a jacket along; she loved the cold and was immune to it. Her bluish eyes scanned the far reaches of the road for that familiar yellow bus. Her pale skin stood out against the deep red of the bench she was sitting on. She wasn't an outdoor type of person and, honestly, struggles during physical education.

"He should be here by now..." Tori moaned quietly to herself, meaning her best friend who would usually wait for her at the bus stop. But today, he seemed to be delayed.
"Nature, at least, didn't need an operation to be beautiful.It just was."

— Uglies, Scott Westerfield.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Inseparable, aren't they?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Simon Benjamin Henry had just woken up, his head buzzing with a head ache from the little sleep he had gotten again. It wasn’t from drugs, alcohol or too much partying mind you; not all high school kids are like that; not Simon anyway. He considered himself to be a good kid, despite the troubles he usually got into. He had a heart and even though he sometimes used it better than his mind, he actually liked it that way. He was the sort of kid that was friendly and approachable and yet you’d rather choose to walk away from after some while because of all the trouble that he gets into. There is one person though that has never left his side and that’s his best friend, Victoria. Which is why he doesn’t understand why people keep complimenting them as a couple when they made it clear that they only thought of each other as a friend. It always got him thinking, and last night, that was what had just happened; he spent quite a few hours wondering why they would think that and pondered if he ever felt anything more than just a best friend but he didn’t, which is why it was so hard for him to get to sleep. He had an ill-habit of finding out things on his own relentlessly; probably another good reason why he gets into so much trouble.

Rubbing his temple as he got up, his messy locks of curly light amber hair, a havoc on the top of his head as he stretched his arms. Looking to the side and noticing the flashing bright red lights of his alarm clock, hazel orbs widening in shock as he rushed to the bathroom to wash his face and get some clean clothes from his closet. After finding decent enough clothes, he got running out of the door, not even bothering to say good bye to his parents who just watched him with amused expression as he made a run for it. He cursed lightly beneath his breath, hoping Tori wouldn’t be too pissed with his tardiness. After another round around the bend and ten minutes later, he was by the bus stop, exhausted and out of breath as he leaned on the sign, his large form, huddled over trying to catch some air into his lungs.

“I’m Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.” He said in between breaths, flashing an apologetic smirk her way.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 pm

"Took you long enough." Victoria raised an eyebrow as she looked at Simon, exhausted and out of breath. "I nearly had the mind to march into your house and pull you out of bed, Simon." She smirked as she stood up, holding on to her backpack as she did. The familiar sound of the old, yellow bus reached both their ears. "Well, at least you're on time. What made you stay up nearly all night?" She asked as the bus stopped right in front of them, the door opening to reveal an elderly man at the wheel.

"Good morning, Mr. Jones." Tori smiled as she got in. "You coming?" She called out to Simon, who was still leaning on the sign.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:31 am

“Yes, woman! Just let me catch my breath!” he replied with a grin.

Finally being able to catch his breath, he stood upright and followed the girl onto the bus, slinging his arm around her shoulder as they occupied one of the seats together. He saluted Mr. Jones and flashed him a grin from the seat, seeing him looking at them with that knowing expression all grown-ups seemed to have for them before shrugging it off. “Oh, you know, love, life, school, the future, philosophical things and what not,” he replied, playfully, not really up for telling her that he’s been thinking about them and coming up short.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:26 am

"Really?" Victoria slid into the seat, looking out the window. "It looks like you've been thinking about something else." She honestly said, worry clearly shown on her face. "Hey, guys!" She heard another feminine voice behind them. Turning her head, she realized it was Emily, with her pigtails and whatnot. She looked like she was the rainbow, all mashed up together. "What do you think of my outfit?" Emily asked, batting her blue eyes. "You... look colorful." Tori slowly answered, looking at Simon for help.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:37 am

Simon forced a smile to his lips as he ruffled her hair playfully, nodding reassuringly at her, not really wanting her to worry over nothing; he wasn't even sure why he bothered thinking of those things last night. He was sure there could be nothing more behind it, just a fleeting thought at the back of his mind, something that he shouldn't have even dared to ponder on. He too looked behind at the sound of Emily's familiar voice, clad in what could only be described as a very colorful outfit. Simon had no interest in fashion, in fact, he had no talent in that department and yet he knew that what was in front of him was bound to be a fashion disaster. Simon was about to mouth something hilariously sarcastic, or so it was in his mind, but catching Tori's gaze, he decided to change tactics. "Looking nice," he said, winking at Emily playfully before turning to Tori and grinning. "Happy?"

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 pm

Victoria nodded slightly, seeing that Emily began to ask the rest of the people on the bus about her outfit. She placed her head back, sighing. Truthfully, she was thinking about what most of the school was talking about; how she and Simon looked perfect together. She practically lashed out at them that she just wanted to be friends, but something was bothering her greatly. The bus lurched and then a petite girl entered. "Hello." Tori could hear Jane's whispery voice. "Good morning, Jane." Jane smiled back at the both of them, sitting across them.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 am

Simon, with his arm still wrapped around her shoulders, leaned back further into the seat, resting his head on the near by window pane and contented himself to watching the moving road beneath them. His thoughts wandering once more to his ponderings from last night; if it were up to him, he'd ignore what other people kept telling them, but somehow, he can't help himself. Every train of thought so far, kept bringing him back to that point where he didn't even know if there was an answer. It brought a crease to form on his forehead as he sat there in thought, only to be brought back to reality when the familiar face of Jane came to view.

"Yo!" he replied simply, half-saluting the girl who sat across them before slowly sliding his arm away from Tori.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Jane kept her head low but smiled at both of them, but mostly at Simon. She kept her bag closer to her frail body and looked out the window, watching the trees that whipped past them. Victoria looked over at Jane and had a skeptical look on her face, as if she had felt something different about that smile. She shook her head and focused her attention to Simon. "Hey, are you free this weekend?" Tori asked, hoping that he would be. She nearly did nothing over the weekend whenever Simon couldn't hang out with her. Tori would mostly sleep or annoy her older brother, Zachary, to the point where he had to carry his little sister by her waist and keep her in her room, locking her from the outside.

But Tori didn't want to hear yet another speech from her father about 'Zachary needing his privacy' and stuff like that so she decided to go out for the weekend. "Go to a movie, shop at the mall, do something!" Her father told her when he asked what she would be doing over the weekend. "You're a teenager for goodness sakes. Why don't you hang out with Simon?" She had told her father at the time that he was busy with some matter.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:19 am

Simon wasn't oblivious to the smiles he was receiving from a certain girl, and if it were up to him, he'd have done something about it already but for some reason, he felt restrained to keep it all to himself since Tori was around. He couldn't exactly explain his reasons forthright but he had a feeling the girl might get pissed at him if he acted upon his impulses; knowing better than to ruin his friendship, he kept his mouth shut and his eyes glued on the scenery outside. Only when she spoke again did Simon turn and flashed her another one of his smile. "Not really. I was going to help mom with cleaning out the house, but that means work, so yeah, No." he replied, grinning.

He didn't mind spending his weekends with her, in fact, it was usually either spent with her or his family, and he'd been spending much too many hours at home to devote another week end to their cause. Simon's parents were very radical, to say the least; they always felt inclined to go to causes and prove their point to the world while Simon just loved spending time at home, playing his Violin or listening to Tori talk. It made him feel calm and peaceful, safe even.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:45 pm

"Aww..." Victoria whined, her face in a pout. "My father is going to complain again about how I don't hang out at malls or go to the movies and all that crap with any other girls. And I would casually answer back that I'm not like them. I'd rather be a guy. Zachary stays at the house all the time and dad never complains about him." She crossed her arms just after she said those words. "Can't you tell your mother that I'm deprived of important things like, I don't know, fun?" Tori asked, almost pleading.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:06 am

"It's called double standards, Tori. You either go against it or ignore it." He told her with a small smile before laughing. "But since you put it that way, fine, I'll get out of the thing with my mom. She loves you too much anyway." he added, laughing a little more before stopping as he realized what he'd just said. "I think my mom loves you more than me," he said aloud, more playful than an actual realization. "We should seriously exchange families. I like Zach. He's badass and a bum, you can't beat that," he added, grinning, before pulling his arm back and stretching them as the bus finally found its way in front of their school.

"Do we have homework I didn't get to do, again?"

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:11 pm

"Yes, thank you! You haven't hung out with me in a while. Where do you think we should go? The movies? The park? Oooh, I know! What about the pool?" Tori was brimming with ideas. She wanted to make this special, since they might never have days like this ever again. She then searched her mind for homework. "Well, there's that history report and there's that math homework." Tori got up once the bus stopped and most of the people were out. "I did both of them but I'm not sure if you did any of them. You did do all of them, right?" She asked. She was always concerned about both of her grades and wanted to enter a good college once she finishes highschool.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:18 am

"We should do all of those things!" he exclaimed, with his fist up in the air as the glow of excitement settled on the boy's features. "That would be the most amazing weekend, ever!" he added, grinning anxiously at his best friend as he began dragging her away from the mob of students exiting the bus and making their way towards their classes. The boy couldn't resist the smile that curved his lips at the sight of those pensive orbs and the small thin line of her lips whenever she was serious in thought. "Um, I tried to do them," he lied, grinning nervously as he scratched the back of his head and took a good few steps back from her; he knew how she was with grades while Simon could care less about them. It was probably why they were paired up for projects most of the time, so he'd be forced to do some work. "But then I realized, what does history and math do for my violin skills? Nada. Zilch. Zero percent progress. See? So I thought, why bother?" he argued, though even he could tell that wasn't going to work with Tori but he sure hoped it would.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Tori clicked her tongue and crossed her arms once she got out of the bus, tapping her foot impatiently. "You need to call, or at least tell me, about these things, Simon." After a while, she added, "I play the piano and I still have decent grades, I think..." She trailed off, trying to remember her grade in math. Shaking her head, Victoria then walked towards the school, telling him on the way about how important education is and how sneaky reporters would try to ask him confusing questions once he was famous with his violin.

"Having tact is very important, too." Victoria repeated again, once she had made her point about education.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 am

Simon chuckled and just looked at her, with that amused smile plastered all over his face; nodding nonchalantly as he followed her towards the school, just nodding to her scolding words and shaking his head encouragingly. "But you don't just learn tact in school, Tori; that's what parents are for too, you know?" he argued, with a smug grin before raising his hand defensively in front of him. "I will try to study though, just don't hit me on the head or something." He added, grinning again. " You don't need tact for playing the violin too though," he added, with another smug smile before running ahead; afraid to face the wrath of his best friend and zooming into a class room, in a class they both shared together.

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Tori rolled her eyes, hearing his comment about how he didn't need tact in his violin career. "I should hit you in the head for not doing your homework." She growled, almost playfully. She knew that he wouldn't do it anyway, and she would have to help him in mostly anything that he needed help in. He was lucky that he ran away before Tori could slug him in the arm as punishment. She may look small, but she only uses her hidden strength in times of self-defense or just plain punishment.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Elmo?! on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Simon didn't deny the danger he put himself in; the girl never needed his help when fighting off bullies. He knew how Tori could easily physically overpower him despite him being a boy and all but he just couldn't help himself; taunting her was the best fun he had in his life, next to playing his violin of course. He waied patiently in his seat though, still with that perfectly mischievous grin on his face which quickly faltered ever so slightly at the sight of the reserved seat being taken up by the same girl who'd been eyeing him from the bus.

"Hey Jane! What's up?"

Saint Elmo?!
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _AnaTolia_ on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:27 pm

Tori then went to the girl's restroom as Jane stepped off the bus and sat at Tori's seat in the classroom. She had seen the both of them goofing around as they got off the bus. Now that Tori was off somewhere else, she then took his chance to get to know Simon more. "Nothing much." Her voice was as whispery as always and the usual faint smile appeared on her face. "Did you do the homework?" She asked.

_AnaTolia_
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!