Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Interest check!!!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Interest check!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aikiwarrior on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

Im wondering how many people are interested in playing a medieval war roleplay? Now I mean a literate war roleplay, with a story beyond annoying one liners that run around thinking they can kill everyone on the field alone. I mean a war roleplay where people can pick (or make, if there's enough people) their nations, wage war on each other, and that involves not just combat, but heroism, intense tactical deployment of troops, pvp combat (army strategic and person to person), the glory of victory, the humiliation of defeat, the politics and diplomacy of the nations, the propaganda, the loss war brings people - losing friends and villages, the difficult moral choices, like being ordered to raid a village with tons of scared civilians, the traumatic moments war has and battling with your fear of the brutal combat and your regrets for the taking of life, forging and breaking alliances and friendships, internal national struggle, courtship, and internal politics.

I mean a literate war story with lots of character development, descriptive troop movements, possibly pvp, where the nations are at the mercy of the PC's and the plot can be developed by them. The player thats one of your subjects can be your loyal follower, or a devious traitor. Id prefer the setting to be medieval realistic, but Fantasy can work too.

So what do people think? Is there any interest in this? There would have to be a minimum literacy requirement, but ya, what say you?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aikiwarrior
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Interest check!!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:31 am

I'd be interested in this, most definitely! I hope it gets a good deal more interest; it certainly deserves to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Duchessa
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:32 am

I vote for the realistic setting if at all possible. Sadly, you don't see to many of them around anymore.
EDIT: On a second note, do we have to play as parse a kingdom? Rather, can we roleplay something such as a Celtic tribe?
“A writer of the creative art who writes with skill alone is not a novelist in my eyes. An author who writes with such a passion as to influence the reader and that same reader the world, he or she has earned my respect to rest as an elite amongst the titans of pen onto paper. An author who can do both: A god amongst the artisan of written word."

Joshua Dawn

1990-Present.

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aikiwarrior on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:40 am

Yay interest!

Absolutely! I was hoping to get a diverse range of cultures and traditions, so people can play Medieval kingdoms, Greek democracies, Roman senates, Celtic tribes, anything they want their kingdom to be. That way cultural integration would become a problem and politics would actually play. You dont even have to the head of a kingdom if you dont want too, you could be an administrator, general, warrior, ect. for some-one else.

aikiwarrior
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArtofFiveSpheres on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Another question: In terms of playability, will English be the universal language between nations (such as Greeks speaking to Indians, etc.)? Or will there need to be an interpreter present to translate what the other nation is saying?

ArtofFiveSpheres
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aikiwarrior on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm going to say that there will be a universal language for simplicity of the RP, but your welcome to use regional languages if you want secret meetings or for business or for any reasons of your own if you like. But I'm flexible, so if people who end up in the roleplay decide they would rather have the realistic language setting that's fine too.

Well, there hasn't been much interest so far, but I'm thinking of just making it and seeing how many people respond.

aikiwarrior
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!