Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Kirby Roleplay Idea

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Kirby Roleplay Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shinypolitoed on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Here are some details about this idea I had for a Kirby RP.

Your character is a Star Warrior (that's what Kirby is) who resides on Planet Popstar. I haven't really made up the story yet, but KING DEDEDE WILL NOT BE THE MAIN VILLAIN. Your Star Warrior will be able to copy abilities and float just like Kirby. You get to pick a color scheme for him/her, and special colors for weapons in abilities like Sword and Yo-Yo. You can also pick a certain amount (I imagined 1-5) of preferred abilities, these are abilities that your Star Warrior likes.

You will be able to make up moves, but they can't be completely stupid. Making a fireball grab for Fire like Ice's Ice Cube Grab or being able to use an upward Cycle Beam would make sense, but giving Jet the ability to create ice rays or giving Parasol a constant Lightning element would just not work.

This is mostly based off of Kirby Super Star Ultra, as are the abilities. However, abilities like Tornado and Laser would be possible, though they have very few attacks compared to the Super Star abilities, we could probably think of sensible and non-overpowered attacks for them. I don't know whether to allow Helpers or not.

A list of available abilities will be included. I probably would take suggestions but not allow overpowered stuff, like Master from KATAM (too... dang... POWERFUL) and the insta-kill-everything abilities (Crash, Mike, and Paint).

Here is a sample post, using my character, Slick:

The alarm clock blared its miserable message as it struck 3:00. Slick moaned. "WHY did I have to agree to that?" Sighing, Slick looked outside. "Man, it's dark out there..." Thinking it over, Slick knew it would be unpleasant- and uncool- if he was attacked by anything when he was unarmed. He touched the Copy Essence by his bed. Instantly, a purple hat appeared on his head, and he noticed the glowing green Yo-Yo at his side, ready to be tossed.

A short while later, Slick made it over to the tennis courts. "Okay, I came, I came. Now you better tell me why you asked me to wake up at THREE DANGED A.M.!" He kicked the gate open. "Well! Come out!"

"There he is." Two TACs, Two Plasma Wisps, Two Waddle Doos and a Waddle Dee with a club and what looked like a mohawk approached Slick. "I figured we could get some pocket change. I didn't expect a flashy little Yo-Yo." The mohawk Waddle Dee moved closer. "Hand it over. Now." "Hey, don't you know who I am? The czar of coolness, the prince of popularity, the-" "Yeah, yeah, well, Mohawk wants it, so give it or we'll take it, sucker." "How about you fight me for it!"

Slick swung his Yo-Yo in a wide arc around himself, striking Mohawk in the face. "Good! I was getting bored. Get him!" The two Plasma Wisps rushed forward and began charging power. Slick ran between them just as they finished charging power. As the two fired, Slick pulled off a Break Spin, flying out of the way as the bursts of plasma collided. The resulting explosion sent the Plasma Wisps flying backward, overloaded with energy.

Then one of the Waddle Doos rushed forward, jumping up in the air and blasting electrical beams down at Slick, who dodged forward under the beams and used Gazer Spiral to knock the Waddle Doo over the fence. The rest of the gang decided to attack at that moment.

Slick jumped into the air over Mohawk's swing. The TACs extended their power-stealer-things, or whatever they were, at Slick, but he fell too quickly for the ability to be stolen. Landing next to Mohawk, he grabbed him and used Hammer Drop to fling him at the group, knocking them all down.

"That's what happens..." Slick yawned, exhausted, "when you mess... with... the sultan of sli-" He suddenly felt that something was missing. Then he noticed one of the TACs running off. "You little MORON!" Slick quickly tapped the Copy Essence that Mohawk had been carrying with him. Receiving the Beam ability, he began to run after the TAC, then aimed his wand. Pointing the red crystal at the TAC, he charged power, then loosed Wave Beam, knocking him down as a purple cap flew out of his bag.

Slick absorbed the cap, getting his Yo-Yo back, and began to walk home...
Toad wrote:And once again, we have been saved... by the miracle... of mouthwash.

Add to the RP Blooper Reel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shinypolitoed
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!