Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Among the Hopeless

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Life Among the Hopeless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 am

Plot
You are living on the streets in Harlem, New York. How you got there is up to you.
What are you going to do now? Beg for money or try to find employment somewhere?
Character Skeleton
Name:
Personality [optional]:
History [optional]:
Anything else?
Rules
- No god-modeling
- No killing other characters without permission
- It's PG13 - anything above and you will be killed off [sorry, rules are rules]
- Try to be literate, a few grammar/spelling errors are okay, but don't type l!k3 d!$ or lyk dis
- Enjoy yourselves
My Character :]
Rob
Look into my signature for his good looks!
He likes to have fun, and he is pretty reckless!
He was abandoned on the streets as an infant, but some person took care of him until he was 7. At 7, he ran way, because he wanted to find his real parents. He never found them, or his old guardian. Since then, he has been living on the streets, learning to steal as well as listen to what goes on around him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stelly
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Life Among the Hopeless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mynx on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:08 am

Name: Micah Tsung
Appearance: Image
Personality [optional]: Shy, but when angry becomes very agressive.
History [optional]: Micah recently escaped from someone who kidnapped her, and killed her family while she was tied up, forced to watch. The whole incident left her emotionally scarred.
Anything else? I'm just here to get my feet wet again after a hiatus, so after I've gotten back in control of my own RP style, I'll just kill off my character.
Hurf Durf, I'm back.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mynx
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AliceInWonderland on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 am

(Forgive me if I overdo it.)
Name: Riley
Now, Riley was nothing special. She was a lil shorter then average and definetly thinner; But the way she ended up in this predicament was nothing short of average. See Riley simply didn't care. There was no major tragedy in her life, except for her lack of determination. She didn't have to be homeless but it was her pride and stubborness that got her there. If you were to ask her what was going on she would tell you a lie like "I'm in between jobs" or "I've got some money coming in. I'll be okay."
That's what she told her loving family back in Georgia anyways. But the truth was if it didn't put a smile on her heart-shaped face, it just wasn't for Riley.
So, there she was. In the middle of New York, stern looking and short-lipped. She had a few hundred bucks, no bank account and two articles of luggage. A bookbag on her back and a duffle bag wrapped around her legs at her feet. Her soft brown dreads were held back by a head band and hung just past her narrow shoulders. Her brown eyes were wide with curiousity, the same color as her almost chocolate brown skin. She licked her full lips as she flipped through the newspaper that she was holding. Leaning against the brick wall of the Jazzy's Liquor Store, she blended in.
(21:15:34) Twilight_Maiya: Alice: I wanna be ya bottom chick o_o demote Saken

AliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:23 am

Name: Melody
Appearance:
Personality [optional]: Shy and dosn't get into trouble often
History [optional]: She grew up in an orphanage. She dosn't remember her parents much, but misses them more then anything. About a year ago the orphanage became to crowded and she left.
Anything else? She has locket around her neck that her mother gave her.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 am

Name: Aliya Rider
Personality: Aliya is quiet but can take care of herself. She carries a knife on her after seeing what happens to the homeless girls who come unprepared. However, inside she is very lonely and very afraid.
History: Aliya grew up with her grandmother. They moved from England because of bad memories. Aliya's mother had died and her father had closed himself in. There was little or no money. Aliya remembers her dad crouching over the carpet, picking up small change from an old savings bottle in order to buy some food. She remembers him scraping the last of the cereal crumbs into her bowl and going without any himself. He tried to make something of himself but continually failed. Finally, her grandmother suffered a massive heart attack and her father became a different man. He started to abuse her, and he started gambling. He had a job and all his money went on drink and on betting. The good days were when he came home drunk with more money in his pocket. Then he might lift her up or tell her a story, even doing the voices. The bad days were when he lost everything, and he came home and hit her so hard she turned black and blue. Eventually, she couldn't take it anymore. It came to be that there were no good days anymore. Every day was bad. Miserable years passed. Then one day when Aliya was thirteen, he lunged at her and she stepped out of his way and shoved him as he lurched past and he broke his neck at the bottom of the stairs. Terrified, Aliya fled.
Last edited by St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my girlies;;
laurenn ;; larii ;; laurie ;; charlie ;; becky ;; beth ;; illy ;; sessi ;; rachael ;; kiers

Image Image Image
may i waste your time too?

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KagomeGurl on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:48 am

Character Skeleton

Name: Violet Greene

Appearance: http://fs1.us.cyworld.com/data3/2007/06 ... 2_file.jpg

Personality [optional]: Violet is very careful and keeps to herslef. She loves to listen to music though and has a blast singing. She carries a swiss army knife with her. She has a small pug as well.

Anything else?
" The good die young. So I'll live long" KagomeGurl
Please visit my site as : http://songagurl.proboards105.com/index ... roupcreate

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Name: Ryo

Appearance:

Personality: Charming and stealthy. he had a way with saying exactly what he means to say and doesn't hesitate to do so. He hates authority figures of all kinds and is more than loyal to his close friends. he trusts other kids a little too easily though and has big heart.

History: Ryo lived on the street with his twin brother Max. They got along very well together until they were about fifteen when Ryo started getting into trouble with police and other people. Max warned him to watch who he messed with but Ryo ended up getting into a fight with a street gang. Max came to Ryo's rescue and ended up getting stabbed and killed. Since then, Ryo has been alone and he sticks more to himself than he had, he still blames himself for his brother's death though and is lonely most of the time, wanting someone to talk to.

Other: Ryo has a crescent shaped, white scar on his collar bone over his heart. The gang did it to him just before they killed Max.

"The world could spin endlessly waiting for you to get yourself together. Each of us could drop before reaching each other. But at that and any point if you're willing to get up and dust yourself off- you will be reguaranteed your chance and our world will never stop spinning."-a friend

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Rob was on the street, as usual, just walking around with his backpack full of stolen items. His clothes weren't that bad, as he could pass for a normal school kid in Harlem. Most of his clothes were stolen, why waste money on stuff you could get for free? - Even if it was illegal. He had on a pair of baggy pants and a long shirt that would last him an eternity.

He walked into a store full of junk. If there was anything he could find here, that could be useful to him, he'd get it or steal it. He walked around slowly and casually. There wasn't anything, though, just toys. He sighed and passed the counter as he left, noticing a Zippo lighter.

Rob had a thing for fire, though he wasn't a pyromaniac. He just liked it, enjoyed its presence (sp?). He then saw the price tag and let it go. It was too expensive - $85. He sighed again and exited the store, sitting on the step just outside.

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KagomeGurl on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Violet walked the streets. She saw a teenage boy walked out a store. He looked like a normal Harlem boy. But Violet could see his backpack was odd shaped like it had random belongings in it and that his face was slightly dity. He was probably homeless. "Hey" she said as she caught up to him "What's up? I'm Violet" Violet said smiling

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Rob raised his eyebrows and smiled as if he had known her forever. "Hey, Vi - not much. You? I'm Rob. Or R. C if you want." He had gotten to know a lot of street kids, but never really made any friends. Street kids mostly kept to themselves, anyway, unless they were new to the whole thing and were looking for some guidance.

Kids living on the streets had a way of knowing if a person lived on the streets or not. If they had only a backpack - they probably were. But sometimes school kids were mistaken for people living on the streets.

Violet - he could tell - was on the streets. The good ole streets.

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KagomeGurl on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:44 pm

"Thinking of ways to get money, you know the usual" Violet said smiling "You'd know. You street as well?" Violet asked knowing he was though his shoes were to dirty to be a school kid. His backpack to lumpy.

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mynx on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:26 am

Micah looked down off of the ledge to the people below. She knew that if she fell, she'd probably just sprain her wrist or something. Thus, she took carefulness into account as she meandered out onto the flagpole, crouching on it and gripping it tight. "Hey." She shouted out, even though the people were no more then 3 feet away. "Whats up?"

Mynx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 am

Aliya was sitting in the shadows of an alley. Up ahead, on the actual street, two kids starting talking and another one climbed out onto a flagpole. They were all of them clearly like her; displaced. She sat still, apart from one hand that pushed a wayward lock of home-dyed pink hair out of her face. Her hair was lank and greasy, like her clothes and her skin after days without being able to wash. Picking at a new hole in the leg of her jeans, she examined all the old ones, most of them accompanied by laddered strands of the material still trying to cling on. The sleeve of her top was split, too, revealing her tattoo.

Yawning, Aliya raised her bandaged right hand to her mouth to stifle it. Her other hand found the handle of the knife she carried in an inside pocket of her top and her fingers tightened around it. If any of these kids saw her and tried anything...

Well, she was prepared.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:24 am

Melody sighed as she walked down the street, a backpack on her pack. She fiddled with the locket around her neck as she walked past the group.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 am

Aliya noticed the girl fiddling with the locket. Pushing her lank pink hair back again, she spoke.

"I'd keep that out of sight, if I were you. I seen lots of girls get mugged." Her grammar was imperfect, a result of her shaky upbringing and the time on the streets. She'd been out here three years and she was a hardened veteran. She knew how to survive, even if it was on her own.

"Just letting you know." Raising a hand to her head in what was almost a salute, however sarcastic, Aliya nodded to the girl.
Last edited by St.Jimmy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St.Jimmy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stelly on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:13 am

Rob looked around, suddenly seeing a bunch of homeless kids. He looked up and saw a girl, "Yoo... not much, as usual. And you?" He looked back at the girl. "Yea... I know what you're talking about, though I'm not so much about money as the material. Do you get what I mean?" When he said that, he meant that money wasn't a big problem. AS long as he got the stuff he needed, it was worthless to him. He was very skilled in the pickpocketing area as well as the burglary one.

Stelly
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BikerAngel on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 am

Ryo pushed through a group of buisiness men, ignoring their shouts and curses at him as he exited out the other side and silently examined the bills and wallets he'd snagged on the way through. It was just enough for some dinner. It was funny how he needed to steal so he didn't have to steal food. He thought they canceled each other out in the end.

He passed a group of kids, eyes on the ground. He paused nearby to shuffle his money into his pocket.

BikerAngel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KagomeGurl on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 am

"Ya I know. I can see by your backpack." Violet said smiling "That's how you get your money, right" Violet said "Because if you have any extra cash I can get my money. I have job yes. It usually invovles standing on a street corner though you know wat I mean." Violet said "So yeah" she said akwardly

KagomeGurl
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 pm

"She looked at the girl who had spoken to her, "Thanks for the warning." She said quietly. She turned to see a boy shuffle money into his pocket as he noticed them, "We're not going to tell on you." She said quietly looking at him.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mynx on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Micah leapt down, rolling to avoid injury. She hopped up in the middle of them. "Hey! what's up?"

Mynx
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!