Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Living in the Shadows ((IC))

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Living in the Shadows ((IC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Please go here to join.
living-the-shadows-ooc-t12699.html

In the year 3010, the world was supposedly overpopulated. There wasn't enough food. And so, government officials passed the Population Law, a rule that allowed people to only have two children legally. But now, the law has been broken-- many times. It is now 3027, and hundreds of extra children populate the world. They are third, fourth, and sometimes even fifth children-- illegal extra children. But they are well-hidden, and most have not been caught. Which is a good thing, because the penalty for having an illegal child is $5 million, and the penalty for being one is death. So the illegal children live in constant fear that they will be caught and killed.
But now, a rebellion is starting. The extra children are bonding together, and are now calling themselves Shadow Children. They invented a chatroom, where they can all communicate, and the password is, 'FREEDOM'. And the Shadow Children a planning a rally against the government. It is up to them to decide the fate of all the Shadow Children. Will the Population Police, cops trained especially to kill Shadow Children, catch and kill them? Or will they make it to the rally, only to die there?

Only we can make it happen.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

" See ya', Nik. "
" Yeah, see ya. "
" Bye kiddo. "
" Gotta run, sweetie. "

There they went. Into the car, driving away... the perfect family of four. But that was just it. There was five of them. Every morning, her family would get up, get ready for the day ahead. For school. For work. But Nikki had nowhere to go.
Sadly, Nikki peeked out the window to watch them go. When she couldn't see the car anymore, she looked around again at all the houses surrounding her own. They were clean, neat, whitewashed houses, like the kind that were in movies. And they held normal, nice people who all had lives and worked and played and learned.

Nikki had no life.
Or, that was what it seemed like. She couldn't go to school, couldn't play, couldn't even go outside her own house. And all because she was a third child.
Shadow Child, Nikki corrected herself.
Slowly, Nikki made her way over to the old, junky monitor that sat in her mother's study. She hit the power button, and watched as the screen lit up and revealed a dark blue desktop with little icons on it. She hit the blue E, and the internet came up.

She typed something in the address bar.
'www.theshadows.org'.

PASSWORD:
She hit the letters, 'FREEDOM'.

And she was in.

REBEL: Guys? Is anyone on?

Then Nikki sat back against the rolling chair, and waited for another message to pop up on the screen.
.;A picture's worth a thousand words;.
.;But when those words are worthless;.
.;So is the picture;.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Living in the Shadows ((IC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:20 pm

Ryan sat down in the chair that was in his room, he had been building up a recently small army called 'The Rebel Alliance'. Right now it only featured of himself and about five other kids just like him. The phone he had attatched to his side began to ring and on the called id it said 'Chris Redfield' (I know thats the guy from RE but I like the last name) He flipped it open and then began to speak.

"Hey...2fast4yaw. How's it going?" He said unappetized.

Ryan was wearing denim jeans, an orange shirt with a purple button up shirt over it and brown boots. As he continued talking with Chris, he picked up his labtop that his parents had bought him as a secret gift and then went online to 'www.theshadows.org'.

PASSWORD:
He hit the letters, 'Kirby'

And he was in.
REBEL: Guys anyone on?

Ryan typed in a reply.
Kirby: Kirby here, hows it goin REBEL?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:23 pm

She sat in the attic which was made her room. Her parents were gone, but her brothers had just got home from school. It wasn't the greatest place to be. It was a small room and only had one window. That window was the only way she had to see the outside world. She stared out it wanting to be outside. He brothers called up to her saying they were going to a hockey game in the gym at their school. Once she made sure they were gone she ran downstairs. She sat in the computer chair and open the web going to the chatroom. She typed in the password, FREEDOM. Her fingers ran across the keyboard as she typed. Hitting the enter key the words popped up on the screen.

WILD: Hey, did I miss anything?
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:32 pm

(( Airforce, the password to the chatroom is FREEDOM. Its a nation-wide password, no one has their own. ))

Kirby: Hows it goin REBEL?

She typed back.

REBEL: My family just left for the day.

Sat back, waiting for a reply. She was dressed in a pair of hand-me-down skinny jeans; paired with an old grey sweatshirt and dirty white sneakers. Still more hand-me-downs.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:34 pm

(Sry about that)
Chris Redfield looked out the window of the cupard he lived in under the stairs in his parents house. He didnt usually go outside, not after what had happened to his older brother James, he had always blamed himself for that and would probably never be able to get over it until it was his time to die.
"Hey, 2fast4yaw" His friend Ryan McGraw called from the phone as he began to type on his keyboard.
"Hey Kirby, hows that faction going?". As he continued talking with Chris, he picked up his labtop that his parents had bought him as a secret gift and then went online to 'www.theshadows.org'.

PASSWORD:
He hit the letters, 'FREEDOM'

And he was in.

REBEL: Guys anyone on?

Kirby: Kirby here, hows it goin REBEL?

REBEL: My family just left or the day

Chris typed in.
2fast4yaw: Hey guys, havnt talked to you guys in a good week.

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:39 pm

WILD: It's been awhile since I was on to.

Mia got up from the computer for a moment hearin a truck close by. She looked out the window seeing a truck next door. She was lucky she had taught herself how to read, since she wasn't aloud to go to school. She read the side of the truck and it said "James Movers". Mia smirked and thought to herself, "New neighbors huh? I'll go check them out later." She would most likely just sneek out once again and peek through the windows or something. Little did she know that there was a shadow child moving into that very house.

((Anyone want to be the Shadow Child moving in next door?))

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:41 pm

2fast4yaw: Hey guys, haven't talked to ya in a good week

She entered another line.

REBEL: I didn't want my dad to see the chatroom, and he was sick and stayed home. there was no way I could get on.

She sighed as she typed this. Nikki loved her parents, but she didn't want them getting hurt from being involved in her affairs. Or having to pay the $5 million, but she reallly couldn't help that, now could she?

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:45 pm

(( There is no shadow kid moving next door. Nikki has a shadow kid next door neighbor. ))

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragter on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Elisa watched her family leave for the day, not daring to look out any of the windows to watch them leave. With a sigh, she headed up to her older brother's room and moved one of the wooden ceiling pieces, then, getting a stool, she climbed up into the attic, putting the wooden ceiling piece back. Looking at her bed first, then at the computer, she shrugged to herself and went over to the computer, sitting down into the chair and turning it on. She sighed a little to herself and clicked on the blue E icon, the ever so handy Internet Explorer coming up. Typing in the address 'www.theshadows.org', she then put in her password afterwards and, after skimming through what had already been said, she started to type her own message.

FREEDOM: Hey everyone, how are you all doing today?
The innocence of a child is lost to age, but remarkably, some still remember that spark of life they once had. Even more remarkable, are the children who remain pure.

Ragter
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Ryan looked towards the door to his room as he began to hear commotion from outside of it. He stepped up from his computer and leaned against the door to hear what was on the other side.

"Kirby you there?" Chris called from the phone that had been abandoned.

Ryan ignored it and then stepped back as he heard the click of boots down the hallway.

"Shit..." He muttered and then walked over to his bag.
He began to stuff clothes and other things in it, he was just most likely going to abandon the labtop for now. But, there was always the chance of the Population Police finding the others.

Quickly, he sat back down and began to type.

"Kirby: They found me, im logging off!".

He tore the phone cord out of the wall and placed his labtop into its case. There was a loud knock on the door to his room and then the next thing he knew it was being smashed open and
men in uniforms were flooding into the room.

Ryan gave them a smirk. "I'd love to chat boys, but im just afriad im not ready to go in yet!". He pressed a trap door button beside him and then the floor underneath him caved in and he began to fall into a tunnel that he had created himself.
----------------------------------
"Kirby: They found me, im logging off!".

Chris was confused as hell when Kirby signed off of the web and then he could hear commotion comin from the phone.

He quickly snapped it close and then began to type in something.

"2fast4yaw: Guy's, they actually did find him. I could hear the commotion through the phone".

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:49 pm

REBEL: They found him?!?! OH crap!!

Nikki typed as she bit her lip. What if he got caught? What if--
She didn't have time to think, though, because a knock sounded on the door.

" Population Police!!! " Someone yelled, a man. Fast as she could, Nikki typed half a line:

REBEL: They got m

And logged off.
But then she slipped into the back of the coat closet pulling a long one down on her head and hoping to god that they didn't find her.
Last edited by Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragter on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:52 pm

Elisa couldn't help but be a little puzzled when Kirby said that they had found him, then suddenly logged off. Shaking her head, she began to type again.

FREEDOM: I am doing quite fine, and what about the rally?

After a moment's pause, she started to type again.

FREEDOM: And 2fast4yaw, if they did find him, what are we supposed to do?

Ragter
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Chris grew mad at the girls comment.

"2fast4yaw: He's my best friend you moron! At least feel some sorrow for him, he's the leader of the Rebel Alliance!".

He popped open a can of cola and then took a drink from it It had been so long since he had had one and at that he had had to steal this one from upstairs while none of his brothers or sisters were looking.

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:55 pm

(( I edited. READ IT!!!))

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragter on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Elisa paused for a moment as she heard sounds of movement downstairs.

FREEDOM: Excuse me if I don't respond in a few minutes, I think they are in here as well, do not worry though, I'm well hidden

She then waited, listening as boots walked throughout the house for what seemed like forever. One particular worry for her was one of the Population Police had noticed the stool, but luckily for her, he just assumed it had been there already.

Ragter
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Chris quickly yanked out the phone cord of his computer and then dove into his safe area when suddenly the front door to his room was blasted open by a grenade.

"Population Police! Where are you!".

Chris grabbed hold of the pocket knife he had in his bag and then stumbled through the maintinence hole of the house. He crawled for what seemed like fifteen minutes until he reached the end of the house, kicking the cover open, he ran out of the whole but stopped immediately. Standing in fron of him where a dozen armed men and they all had their rifles aimed at him.

"Christopher Redfield! Your under arrest" The lead officer said.

"I dont think so!" Someone shouted and threw a pinapple grenade into the group of men.

They all looked behind them to find the one and only Ryan McGraw standing there in a military combat outfit, it had belonged to his friend Samuel before he had died and now he wore it.

"Come on Chris!" He shouted as the grenade blew the soldiers to pieces.

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 pm

(( Airforce, you can't just go explode the Population police like that. Where'd the kid get the grenade? ))

Nikki was huddled under the coat, and she heard the Police break down th edoor. She winced; that was going to be hard to pay for. Then, they were all over, yelling and searching. They even opened the closet; but they didn't look close enough to see the coat shivering with fear.

Half an hour later, they were gone. Leaving a trashed house in their wake.
And a terrified Nikki.

Cautiously, she peeked a head out of the closet. No one was there. Nikki sighed with relief, and shakily went back to the computer.

REBEL: This is bad. they just searched my house, now its trashed. is kirby back yet?

It took her almost a whole minute to make this post, due to shaky hands and incomprehensible spelling mistakes.

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 pm

WIld: The poopulation police are getting worse. It's like they think we've committed a crime or something.

She sighed and spun around in her chair. She was lucky they hadn't come to her house all week.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airfoce2009 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:08 pm

(Hello, military combat outfit...its got grenades attached to it)

Airfoce2009
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Diary-chan on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:10 pm

(( Where'd his friend get the outfit?? C'mon, the shadow kids aren't THAT well-equipped. ))

Diary-chan
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!